The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That politico article seemed like decent impartial journalism.  Sort of just explained reality without stoking outrage. 

Thats true............Good for them..

Too bad some others here refuse to read it.

MOST OF THEM WERE JUST PEOPLE IN THE PEOPLE’S HOUSE. 

Most Capitol protesters won’t be jailed. Media angry. 

“34 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that burning the flag is not a crime. The people who defended that decision now contend that waving a flag is. . . . The problem is there was no insurrection. Yes, 5 people died. 4 were protesters, including an unarmed Ashli Babbitt whom a Capitol Police officer shot and killed. The officer was never publicly named.”

Imagine if Derek Chauvin’s name had been kept secret for months.

Plus: “While violent assaults in the Capitol are rare, protests and acts of civil disobedience — such as disrupting congressional hearings or even House and Senate floor sessions, are more common. That means prosecutors and judges will have to weigh how much more punishment a Trump supporter who invaded the Capitol during the Electoral College count deserves than, say, an anti-war protester chanting at a CIA confirmation hearing or a gun-control advocate shouting in the middle of the State of the Union address.”

Well, obviously more, because Trump supporter.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/03/turns-out-waving-flag-inside-capitol.html

Failed coup=bad rating at Panera.  Got it.  We often talk about what's right and fair independent of the administration.  Don't let either media tell you rioting or insurrections are ok.  We DO need law and order.  It's possible to root for the blue, and understand BLM.  It's not possible to accept what either is doing violently, but kneeling isn't the same as kneeling on some other person's neck.  The irony of this is Trump's administration was gung ho to prosecute, and Biden's is gonna let em walk.  Deliver equal justice, that is all.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Very good.

Let's start getting some of these folks on both sides under oath.

I can guarantee you won't like it.

Really? I'm not the one rewriting history like you. Keep trying bro.

Hugs and kisses, right?

image.thumb.jpeg.5de94f44d858004ec416f82e6df0e15b.jpeg

On 2/25/2021 at 12:41 AM, reddogblitz said:

You make some excellent points.  But again the FBI did an exhaustive investigation with many eye witnesses and ballistics and forensics.  I have no idea why Brown did anything he did. Why walk in the middle of the street when you know the cops are looking for you cuz the store owner says he wad calling the cops?  But since I wasn't there I'm gonna go with the FBI report.

I only brought up Obama and Eric Holder cuz these weren't some cracker red necks trying to throw a black dude under the bus.  They ran an objective and thorough investigation IMHO.

Of topic, but should the capital police of fired on the crowd that attacked them? In your opinion 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Of topic, but should the capital police of fired on the crowd that attacked them? In your opinion 

With non-lethal weapons yes.  If they were not prepared with bean bags, tear gas and other non-lethal means they were fools not to think something like this could have happened. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I agree Doc,

but i'm still trying to figure out why a Capitol guard shooting an unarmed woman is  "Off Topic" ?

So he said OF topic.  So he's cool.  I think Tibs is ESL so cut him some slack.  

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, you want the capital to be undefended from these terrorists. Shows what you are for 

The barricade that the driver rammed has been there for years, it was not part of the new fencing, and certainly the National guard did not add to any safety.

But leave it to you Tiberius, to again use someone's death to try and justify your own vile bias.

You are a very poor example of a human being.