The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Is Vegas always right?

Vegas favored the 2007 Patriots by 12 over the Giants.

Who won?

That’s before the game…

This was after voting was closed… Lots of states have been called… And it was after midnight

That’s a lot different than before … Both sides knew how many votes were out there and had projections

You know what Bookies don’t do?… Give people their money back

After two months of Funk I got it back

Edited by Buffalo716

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It wasn’t my contention, Chi, it was yours.  You said the rumor was that “Cheney didn’t want to go hard after GOPers”.  What “fairly mundane” actions by GOPers would result in the 1/6 committee “going hard” after anyone?   No parking pass displayed in the Congressional lot?  Leaving dirty dishes in the Congressional sink?   That notion in an of itself reeks of political shenanigans. 

Why would Thompson want to pursue mundane issues to begin with?  Silly internal squabbles would just detract from the work of the committee.  

We were told this work was vitally important, and that this went beyond Dem and Rep politics and what mattered was the truth.  Liz Cheney has been anything but a shrinking violet here, now you seem to be suggesting that failure to acquiesce to her demands might have caused her to fracture the work of the committee?  Would she sell out the truth in exchange for political leverage, or even threaten to do so?   I’m still confused by what’s in this for Thompson if the truth was his goal.  He easily could have outed Cheney if she was strong arming him. 

If, as you suggest, the political committee acted politically to protect some members of Congress while targeting others, the entire body of work is suspect.

What an interesting turn of events.  

Liz Chaney was a bit of a puzzle.  While she clearly had it out for Trump she did so while alienating herself from a large percentage of Republican voters as evidenced by her huge primary loss in 2022.  And while Democrats across the party praised her for taking a stand against Orange Man and the MAGA segment of the party it's a certainty that absolutely none of those Democrats carrying her off the field on their shoulders would cast a vote for Liz against any Democratic candidate in any general election at any level. 

She played the part of hero well and sacrificed her short-term political ambitions to carry the torch for the establishment Republicans and Democrats against the upstart "populists" that threatened to interrupt the stranglehold they collectively hold on wielding power and control in Washington for some yet to be revealed reward.  I say this with 100% certainty given that no contemporary American political would willingly sacrifice their personal ambition for the "good" of the country unless they profited in some way too.  Agree or not no Washington insider is going to be the guy falling on the hand grenade in the fox hole to save their fellow soldiers.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s before the game…

This was after voting was closed… Lots of states have been called… And it was after midnight

That’s a lot different than before … Both sides knew how many votes were out there and had projections

You know what Bookies don’t do?… Give people their money back

After two months of Funk they did

You do realize Vegas had their money on Hillary, right?

And can you back up the Vegas odds for 2020?

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/election-odds-predictions-trump-biden-betting-presidential-race-2020

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

You do realize Vegas had their money on Hillary, right?

And can you back up the Vegas odds for 2020?

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/election-odds-predictions-trump-biden-betting-presidential-race-2020

By 10 pm trump is listed at 70% chance of winning… by 11 still over 70%… Extremely high for 11 PM on election night

By 4 AM after election night … still 70% chance

By 4am most elections are decided… that is extremely high odds… Seeing as They know how many precincts are yet to be reported 

That is an enormous swing 

Can they be wrong? Yea

but Americans always have an inkling of who the president is before the night (by 3-4am) is over in these modern times … trump clear.. Obama 2x clear… 04 bush clear … 2000 recount ( bush was declared the winner of Florida by 3am by under 2000 votes…there was an answer) But it triggered a recount by state law

96 Clinton clear , 92 Clinton clear 

Nobody had multiple states by the next morning in 2020 … It’s unheard of 

Hence why I got my money back from a bookie and that doesn’t happen… it’s not heard of in American democracy 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

political parties aside…

But please do tell how you can steal an election without any guns or weapons? How could the most powerful country on the face of the planet be in danger Of being toppled without any weapons?

That’s literally an impossible coup…. Were the people storming the capital wrong? Yea

Was our country’s freedom threatened? Absolutely not

Lame attempt, really, but still an attempt, led to deaths, that's really serious. You don't care, I get that 

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I thought it was a peaceful demonstration?

Amazing - the President of the United States summoned the mob to the Capitol and it’s Pelosi’s fault for not having enough defense to take on Trumps incited mob?

@BillsFanNC- I hope you get a check from AG.

So after two years of this, you don’t expect ANYONE to look into the obvious security failure at the Capitol…..really? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You are using jargon…

And we are in an advanced Enough society that we should be able to count mail in votes quickly too… and all votes…There’s no reason for what happened … We Are the greatest country in the world… Count mail in votes first and make them all be in by election day… Easy Peezy lemon squeezy

My point stands… That except for Recounts … America always knows the president well before a week

You can go to bed at 2 AM after election night… And the world will know who the American president will be… If not you will know by noon the next day

Except in rare circumstances

It was a funky election… I’m not saying theft , cheat, … I’m saying funky

Trump was up so big when everybody went to bed at 1 AM… Vegas had him as a huge favorite… Then America wakes up to Biden leading… And then it gets funky for 2 months 

In fact my online bookie paid me back my 5000 bet on the presidential election because funk… that doesn’t happen… EVER

Yes I bet on politics because I’m a gambling addict lol

Lets not forget that most of the the states that decided the outcome suddenly all  shut down counting

in unison at around 1 am or so.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Normal. Happens all the time.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

I am sorry but it is not normal for so many states to stop the count on available ballots before the night is done. We have always had the winner by dawn the following day except for in races decided by incredibly close margins, which was not the case. The 2020 election was a cluster on many levels but that along does not invalidate the election. I acknowledge the 2020 results and expect us there be better in 2024

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am sorry but it is not normal for so many states to stop the count on available ballots before the night is done. We have always had the winner by dawn the following day except for in races decided by incredibly close margins, which was not the case. The 2020 election was a cluster on many levels but that along does not invalidate the election. I acknowledge the 2020 results and expect us there be better in 2024

Sarcasm. I forgot the ^_^ 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

What about the speech where he asked everyone to be peaceful and the two previous tweets where he asked for no violence and obey law enforcement?

Those were ineffective, and only the last one worked, right?

Otherwise this marauding band of unarmed tourists would have successfully finished the coup!

Unarmed?

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Unarmed?

Classic Billstime, someone

claims protesters were unarmed so  billstime shares a link on a Twitter account that says they were armed without reading the part that said they were actually …. thats  right unarmed.

• Like (+1) 1