The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The FBI and DOJ can't do nearly as good a job as a partisan commission dog-and-pony show.  Surely they'll get to the bottom of this, when 5 months of the former looking into it has so far turned up zilch.

So threatened lol

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So threatened lol

It's been 5 months of investigation and they've found nothing.  In fact they have to actually drop/reduce charges against people they arrested.  You lose (again).

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's been 5 months of investigation and they've found nothing.  In fact they have to actually drop/reduce charges against people they arrested.  You lose (again).

Who keeps you updated on their progress?

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Grill the Sgt at arms of the Senate  and House who did not take the warning from the FBI serious.  They knew Trump was holding a major rally nearby 1/6 to protest the certification of the vote. He called for the rally about 2 weeks earlier ,   the Capitol Police  should have had riot gear , gas masks and plenty of tear gas .    

This to me Is the $64,000,000.00 question.  Why was the capital police etc so woefully unprepared and under staffed?  Who made that decision?  Why?  I hope the FBI and the committee investigating it look into it.  Let the chips fall where they may.

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Inside job

Inside job by whom?

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This to me Is the $64,000,000.00 question.  Why was the capital police etc so woefully unprepared and under staffed?  Who made that decision?  Why?  I hope the FBI and the committee investigating it look into it.  Let the chips fall where they may.

Gee, I wonder

Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who keeps you updated on their progress?

The news does.  When they started dropping/reducing charges against the mostly peaceful protestors, it told me they have nothing.  But keep holding your breath waiting for them to find something.

Just now, Doc said:

The news does.  When they started dropping/reducing charges against the mostly peaceful protestors, it told me they have nothing.  But keep holding your breath waiting for them to find something.

Nothing to lose but our democracy... that’s all

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Thanks For posting this.  So it IS already being investigated in Congress.  And they are on THE most important aspect IMHO.  

From the article you posted:

Miller made the remarks during a contentious hearing held by the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating security failures in the days leading to and during the riot.

Do you think the House Oversight Committee is not capable of getting to the bottom of this? If not, why not?

If I thought Congress could actually do a complete nothing but the facts mam investigation I would support it.  But sadly the can't.  The 9/11 commission missed stuff. The Warren commission blew it. 

You have already stated with links that the Bengazzi investigation was a sham for political purposes and this would be the same.  The real purpose is for CNN and MSNBC to talk about it every day for the duration wrapping up just in time for the mid terms.  Everything these people do is for the next election. This would be no different.

We have 2 investigations going on right now. That's enough.

As far as overthrow the govt blah blah blah, They weren't armed and the whole thing was quelled in a matter of hours and Congress went right hack to doing democracy business and Biden was elected by Electoral College.  we lost nothing.  Not excusing their behavior.  Hundreds have been rightly arrested.

Time to move on.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks For posting this.  So it IS already being investigated in Congress.  And they are on THE most important aspect IMHO.  

From the article you posted:

Do you think the House Oversight Committee is not capable of getting to the bottom of this? If not, why not?

If I thought Congress could actually do a complete nothing but the facts mam investigation I would support it.  But sadly the can't.  The 9/11 commission missed stuff. The Warren commission blew it. 

You have already stated with links that the Bengazzi investigation was a sham for political purposes and this would be the same.  The real purpose is for CNN and MSNBC to talk about it every day for the duration wrapping up just in time for the mid terms.  Everything these people do is for the next election. This would be no different.

We have 2 investigations going on right now. That's enough.

As far as overthrow the govt blah blah blah, They weren't armed and the whole thing was quelled in a matter of hours and Congress went right hack to doing democracy business and Biden was elected by Electoral College.  we lost nothing.  Not excusing their behavior.  Hundreds have been rightly arrested.

Time to move on.

I disagree. After Trump tried to over throw the government with numerous enablers under the Trump umbrella in the House and Senate - everything needs to come out.

And hell yes this is political - I want the our Republic to survive and right now - the GQP is falling quickly into anarchy.

I’m sorry you can’t see it. 

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I disagree. After Trump tried to over throw the government with numerous enablers under the Trump umbrella in the House and Senate - everything needs to come out.

And hell yes this is political - I want the our Republic to survive and right now - the GQP is falling quickly into anarchy.

I’m sorry you can’t see it. 

I agree that the truth needs to come out.  House Oversight Committee and the FBI are on it.

Do you think they are not capable of getting to the truth?  If not, why not?

If it is as you say it is political, the truth will NEVER come out.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree that the truth needs to come out.  House Oversight Committee and the FBI are on it.

Do you think they are not capable of getting to the truth?  If not, why not?

If it is as you say it is political, the truth will NEVER come out.

If an oversight committee wasn't enough for Benghazi - it sure as hell isn’t enough for 1/6.

THIS is why it is so easy to laugh at those who claim insurrection and over blow the January 6th riot.

Ron Fournier uses death of soldier who helped liberate Auschwitz to remind us that January 6 was just like the Holocaust

On Saturday, June 5, David Dushman passed away.

If you don’t recognize the name, Dushman was the last surviving Soviet soldier who was involved in the liberation of Auschwitz:

We don’t agree with Kevin Kruse on much, but he’s absolutely right here:

And then there’s Ron Fournier:

Yiiiiiiiikes.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/07/ron-fournier-uses-death-of-soldier-who-helped-liberate-auschwitz-to-remind-us-that-january-6-was-just-like-the-holocaust/

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, SoCal Deek said:

So who’s been fired at the capital police department? 

Now why would Assistant Chief Thomas direct officers not to use all available equipment on that day? 

Why would we not want to investigate this more?  Who else was involved?

On Jan. 6, Thomas directed officers not to use all available equipment, such as heavier less-than-lethal weapons and corresponding munitions that included two types of grenade launchers and sting-ball grenades.

If those heavier munitions were used, it would have put the department in a better position to repel the attackers, Capitol Police Inspector General Michael Bolton told the House Administration Committee in April.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack on the Capitol, Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund left, as did the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms.

What did the critics expect ?  The NARRATIVE comes before anyone's rights

Solitary confinement for Jan. 6 riot participants draws criticism from Democratic senators and ACLU

by Kerry Pickett

Many participants in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots are being held in solitary confinement in Washington, D.C.'s city jail, a situation that's drawing scrutiny from Democratic Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bob Casey and the American Civil Liberties Union. The Department of Justice has charged 510 individuals in connection with the Jan. 6 breach, which began when supporters of outgoing President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol with the intent of trying to stop the certification of Electoral College votes for Joe Biden as president. After Jan. 6, Washington, D.C., jail officials decided that all Capitol riot detainees be held in “restrictive housing” as a safety measure for the accused.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aclu-capitol-rioters-in-solitary-confinement

• Like (+1) 1

Why keep the suspect’s identifying information under wraps?

A couple possibilities. First, the FBI’s investigation is probably further along than any of us know. They’re collecting data on purchases of the suspect’s Nike Air Max Speed Turf and the timers, etc. used to make the pipe bombs. From that data they cross-reference travel, locations on 1/5/2021, height, shoe size, etc.

Second, maybe there’s something else to this story. The FBI has always been sensitive to its public perception and controls information to serve that purpose. For example, the FBI has never been forthcoming about its agents’ involvement with terror suspects. Or, consider whether the pipe bomb investigation would cut against the politics of January 6. I take no pleasure in skepticism of the FBI, but this is a reputation the FBI has earned.

Either way, this outside observer can’t help but notice that one group of targets – those who entered the Capitol Building on January 6 – are pursued in the public sphere more aggressively than the person who set out pipe bombs the night before.

Oregon House expels state Rep. Mike Nearman, plotter of Capitol incursion.

Nearman refused to resign in the face of overwhelming evidence he would be ejected from the Legislature. The four-term Republican lawmaker becomes the first person ever expelled from the Oregon House.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Gee, if it was that "clear" , how did the Democrat Party fail to impeach President Trump in January ?

I know.

It's a 17 second pulled portion that STILL doesn't say what the poster claims.

Their narrative gets weaker, their arguments get more shrill.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gee, if it was that "clear" , how did the Democrat Party fail to impeach President Trump in January ?

I know.

It's a 17 second pulled portion that STILL doesn't say what the poster claims.

Their narrative gets weaker, their arguments get more shrill.

:lol:

The version I saw with the link from Billsy must cut off before the evidence he’s posting is revealed. 

Or—as Billsy and the cleverly named Fitty shades of Whey seem to imply—-is it now illegal to march, talk about marching, contemplating marching and the like?  

Seems to me it is not (yet). 

• Agree 1