Brian Schottenheimer will be joining the Jaguars coaching staff for the 2021 season.

Monday night brought word that Brian Schottenheimer will be joining the Jaguars coaching staff for the 2021 season and Tuesday morning brings more information about the role he will on Urban Meyer’s staff.

Brian Schottenheimer will also handle QB coach duties for Jaguars

https://sports.yahoo.com/brian-schottenheimer-handle-qb-coach-114906164.html

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Schotty Jnr and Bevell is a pretty solid combination of very experienced NFL coaches to develop Lawrence.

Two former Seattle OC's that worked with Russ. I thought both did well actually. 

Lawrence is in good hands and Meyer is organizing a great staff

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Schotty Jnr and Bevell is a pretty solid combination of very experienced NFL coaches to develop Lawrence.

I floated a thread for him in Buffalo if they lost Daboll.

for the most part, it didn't go well. 

46 minutes ago, DJB said:

Two former Seattle OC's that worked with Russ. I thought both did well actually. 

Lawrence is in good hands and Meyer is organizing a great staff

Don't forget how he can help "The Stache" 

21 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I wonder if Meyers is offering AARP for his new staff 

Schottenheimer, Cullen and Bevell are really not that old. Early 50’s for Cullen and Bevell and mid 40’s for Schottenheimer. Not sure AARP is needed....though I know it’s marketed to 50 plus...

• Haha (+1) 1

Schottenheimer isn't some offensive guru I never got the hype. Even his better offenses have received criticism for his lack of passing and insistence to run. The playoff game against DAL with SEA he got killed for waiting so long to throw the ball.

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So the Jags may fool some non NFL fans into showing up to a game, because they heard of that guy?

I sort of meant that as a joke, but I honestly can't think of another reason to pull a career college coach out of retirement to coach an NFL team ... or even the Jags, for that matter. 😉

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I sort of meant that as a joke, but I honestly can't think of another reason to pull a career college coach out of retirement to coach an NFL team ... or even the Jags, for that matter. 😉

I thought of one!--their owner is a dunce.