Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Wow, you totally have the support of your franchise QB.

Look at you go.

What does that even mean?

I think some people have tried to interact with you on this topic reasonably. You, on the other hand, are too busy declaring your argument infallible to respond in kind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If your entire argument is based on total QBR, I would say the same

I suspect everyone here will stop responding to you soon owing to the great depth and quality of the ensuing discussion.

Josh Allen > Deshaun Watson

There's nothing to even debate.

You guys are arguing that 2+2=5.

I am arguing that 2+2=4.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How long is this dearth, I've lost track?  Just this year?  Next 2 years?

Good question. It looks like it is just this year.

But boy, even just one more 4-12 (at best) season will be tough to get through for the players and fans.

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Option A)

15-4, 82 Total QBR, 46 Total Touchdowns

Vs

Option B)

4-12, 71 Total QBR, 36 Total Touchdowns

Me: A > B

You: B > A

DO NOT put words in my mouth or distort what I say. 

I am not trying to construct an argument either way.

I am pointing out that total QBR is a weak reed in a "my QB is better" argument and why.

Many people have pointed out many times that W-L is a team statistic, thus it is also a weak reed in that argument.  Upthread, someone pointed out accurately that you are cherry-picking stats by selecting TD.

Me, I'm starting to suspect some good 'ol trolling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think some people have tried to interact with you on this topic reasonably. You, on the other hand, are too busy declaring your argument infallible to respond in kind. 

It's like arguing with a streetlamp, only less able to shed light on the topic.

The funny part is, I actually do think (since it is just opinion) that Josh is better. But the way this jabroni works, it's actually pushing me away from agreeing with him because his arguments are so flawed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

As a Bills fan why are you even trying to argue that Watson is better than Allen?

Like, what is the point?

Even if the gap was tiny...wouldn't you rather support your own guy? Dork.

Why are you so emphatic in arguing the other side? Are you related to Watson or something? Weirdo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good question. It looks like it is just this year.

But boy, even just one more 4-12 (at best) season will be tough to get through for the players and fans.

My nose bleeds for those poor Texans fans.  Wake me up when they live through 2-14, 2-14, 4-12.  Or 3 successive 6-10 broken up by a 4-12.

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

He still played in 11 games. And he didn't get "hurt" this season. Nice try. Those 11 games he played certainly impacted Watson's stats. Nice try.

I don't need to compare the Texans team to the Bills team. I am comparing the Texans QB to the Bills QB. Josh is a better QB than Watson.

I repeat: Josh Allen is a better NFL QB than Deshaun Watson. He's just better, it's not debatable, it's a fact.

32 out of 32 NFL GMs would take Josh over Watson. Heck, there was a report before the AFC ship game that a large chunk of executies think Allen > Mahomes. That shows you how highly executives in the NFL view Allen.

You have already said multiple times Allen is better, i get it....you have already said it was a fact so why do you keep harping about it?  If it is a FACT and isnt debakle why do you keep debating it?

No Fuller  was suspended,  he wasnt hurt this year because he was taking PEDs so he wouldnt get hurt.  He could never complete a year with the Texans but think otherwise.

You think the Texans are as good as the Bills excluding the QBs that is your call.

DO NOT put words in my mouth or distort what I say. 

I am not trying to construct an argument either way.

I am pointing out that total QBR is a weak reed in a "my QB is better" argument and why.

Many people have pointed out many times that W-L is a team statistic, thus it is also a weak reed in that argument.  Upthread, someone pointed out accurately that you are cherry-picking stats by selecting TD.

Me, I'm starting to suspect some good 'ol trolling

I'm cherrypicking the most important stats, u mean?

The name of the game is to score Touchdowns. 

Allen scored 10 more Touchdowns.

The MVP this year, Aaron Rodgers, led the NFL in Touchdowns. So I would say it's a pretty important stat.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's like arguing with a streetlamp, only less able to shed light on the topic.

As a Bills fan why are you even trying to argue that Watson is better than Allen?

Like, what is the point?

Even if the gap was tiny...wouldn't you rather support your own guy? Dork.

Why are you so emphatic in arguing the other side? Are you related to Watson or something? Weirdo. 

Here is the point where you get off this schtick of yours and step away from the keyboard. Josh Allen will never know, or care, about this particular thread. I'm not supporting my team by plugging my ears and chanting gibberish until the bad people with their reasonable uncertainty stop being so mean to my favorite QB. 

This is called discourse. It involves nuance, and opinion, and debate. At least, it does for adults.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe, but I remember most of us staying pissed at the Bills over things like the Jason Peters fiasco. Pat Williams comes to mind too. Especially when the team is losing year after year, and it is clear the problem is in ownership/management.

Fans HATED Peters for years here. I suspect some still do. It was irrational, but it was definitely a thing.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You have already said multiple times Allen is better, i get it....you have already said it was a fact so why do you keep harping about it?  If it is a FACT and isnt debakle why do you keep debating it?

No Fuller  was suspended,  he wasnt hurt this year because he was taking PEDs so he wouldnt get hurt.  He could never complete a year with the Texans but think otherwise.

You think the Texans are as good as the Bills excluding the QBs that is your call.

Ok, I'll bite. Let me use your logic:

The Jets are not nearly as good as the Chiefs.

"If Darnold and Mahomes swapped teams, Darnold would be better! Look how much better the team is around Mahomes!"

^^^This is essentially what you are arguing.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My nose bleeds for those poor Texans fans.  Wake me up when they live through 2-14, 2-14, 4-12.  Or 3 successive 6-10 broken up by a 4-12.

They are likely headed there and most cognizant fans realize it.    Texans have always enjoyed a massive loud home field advantage, after the past year i think a LOT of that is gone.  And they now going to compete against Trevor Lawrence for the next decade.  They have good coahes they have to compete against, Reich, Vrable and  Urban Meyer.  The Marrone weak link is finally gone.  The days of them slopping into a weak AFC South title are likely gone for a long, long time.

I cant turn on any sorts radio in houston without non-stop Texans complaining...in a very schadenfruende manner I enjoy that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Did they hate Peters? Or did they hate Eugene Parker?

It was a package deal. They blamed Peters for being overweight, they blamed him for JP getting sacked vs the Jets, they blamed him for holding out, they blamed him for not liking the fact that the Bills gave him a RT contract and then immediately moving him to LT, etc. etc. I lived through it. Calling @PromoTheRobot...

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Here is the point where you get off this schtick of yours and step away from the keyboard. Josh Allen will never know, or care, about this particular thread. I'm not supporting my team by plugging my ears and chanting gibberish until the bad people with their reasonable uncertainty stop being so mean to my favorite QB. 

This is called discourse. It involves nuance, and opinion, and debate. At least, it does for adults.

If Darnold and Mahomes swapped teams, Darnold would be better! Look how much better the team is around Mahomes!"

^^^This is essentially what you are arguing.

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Josh Allen > Deshaun Watson

There's nothing to even debate.

You guys are arguing that 2+2=5.

I am arguing that 2+2=4.

I love Josh Allen.

My favorite Bill of all time. ( I’m 31)

IMO, Watson>Allen.

• Dislike 1

I admire our GM, Brandon Beane, who points out that to improve, we need to be scrupulously honest with ourselves in evaluating our team and its players.

I don't think being a Bills Fan means I have to be a blind Homer who can't acknowledge when a player on another team might be better than ours. 

I think Allen may evolve to be better than Watson, and that people with an eyeball scouting bent could construct an argument that Allen was better this year.  But Watson has been a top QB in the league for 3 years now.  The demonstrated ability to sustain success as a QB also has value, especially after Watson proved he could get it done without his top weapon De'Andre Hopkins.

Watson led the league in passing yards this season.  He had a higher completion % than Allen.  He had a better TD/INT ratio, 4.7 vs 3.7.  He had a higher YPA.  He had a higher passer rating.  He had a higher NY/A and ANY/A even despite all the sacks he took.  He played his ass off this season.

To assert Allen is better because he has a higher total QBR and threw more TDs while ignoring all these other statistics is either farcical or trolling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1