Jump to content

1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Don’t care what anyone says. We did not show up, played like we were lucky to be there. On to next year. 

Somehow kc was open all night.  They had a better scheme. 

KC’s WR’s were so open it looked easy. Every one of our completions looked contested. Even the swing routes. It definitely was a scheme/coaching issue. One that hopefully McDermott can recognize fault and look for talent in the offseason to allow for better game planning. I have hope/faith they can. KC is beatable. We have a ways to go to get there though. That was evident tonight. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We disguised an inability to run the football enough through 19 games to be entitled to play tonight. But we were exposed by KC.  Adding to this,  Chiefs were confusing Josh while blanketing everyone

1st....Congratulations to the Bills for their season......You have a great QB.....you'll be competing for YEARS.  I remember when Mahomes lost this same game in 2018....it sucked...but you'll be back

I’m heartbroken, as we all are. But if I told you before the preseason that never happened we would seriously compete in the AFC Championship Game I think most of us would have taken that as a good re

1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

This. Allen needs to throw the underneath stuff more early and often. That opens up the rest of the field later. He wasn’t. Then he takes unnecessary sacks which put us in horrible down and distance. 
 

those complaining about the defensive game plan or Tre White not being matched up on their elite players need to rewatch the tape. Most of their big passes were short passes that broke for long yardage. Many of which were Tre White in coverage. A few times getting burnt off the line of scrimmage. 
 

we just need more speed on defense. More talent on D-line. Another stud CB. Preferably one who can handle man coverage. Offense I think we have people open. JA just needs to learn to be quicker on getting the ball out. More patient for the big plays. They were covering the deep stuff take the dump offs. That’s why Brady has been good all these years. Not because he hits on deep balls. It’s because he keeps the sticks moving. Dumps off to RB’s and has a 100 reception slot guy every season. 

 

Yeah. 

 

KC was doing some good things on defense too, waiting for Allen to call protections and plays then switching things up before the snap. Did a good job of disguising looks too. It was a tough game all around.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

KC’s WR’s were so open it looked easy. Every one of our completions looked contested. Even the swing routes. It definitely was a scheme/coaching issue. One that hopefully McDermott can recognize fault and look for talent in the offseason to allow for better game planning. I have hope/faith they can. KC is beatable. We have a ways to go to get there though. That was evident tonight. 

Yep. Outcoached and outplayed.  Not even close .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

 

There was one crossing route early in the game where Edmunds dropped in zone and literally ran the opposite direction with Hill flashing behind him and I yelled "Where the hell are you going!" 😂

 

I saw that.

 

They said that Mahomes was moving him away from his zone responsibility with his eyes and easily getting him to bite on pump fakes and such.

 

It was a bit of deja vu, but not going to beat that dead horse tonight :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WideNine said:

 

Yeah. 

 

KC was doing some good things on defense too, waiting for Allen to call protections and plays then switching things up before the snap. Did a good job of disguising looks too. It was a tough game all around.

 

 

It was frustrating on one hand because we are good. But no way can we hang with Kelce and Hill. We just don’t have anyone that can cover them. Scheme may be the issue but our talent isn’t there anyways. I suspect this will be a defensive heavy draft. Need the horses to keep up. Mahomes dodged like 2-3 sacks barely and that was a huge difference. But his guys were schemed open. Like I can’t recall one contested catch by a KC WR. The Bills WR’s seemed to be fighting tough for any separation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

This. Allen needs to throw the underneath stuff more early and often. That opens up the rest of the field later. He wasn’t. Then he takes unnecessary sacks which put us in horrible down and distance. 
 

those complaining about the defensive game plan or Tre White not being matched up on their elite players need to rewatch the tape. Most of their big passes were short passes that broke for long yardage. Many of which were Tre White in coverage. A few times getting burnt off the line of scrimmage. 
 

we just need more speed on defense. More talent on D-line. Another stud CB. Preferably one who can handle man coverage. Offense I think we have people open. JA just needs to learn to be quicker on getting the ball out. More patient for the big plays. They were covering the deep stuff take the dump offs. That’s why Brady has been good all these years. Not because he hits on deep balls. It’s because he keeps the sticks moving. Dumps off to RB’s and has a 100 reception slot guy every season. 

Maybe its me or where I was sitting at the game but every route looked contested to me including the underneath stuff...I noticed maybe two plays where he had beasley open underneath and took a shot downfield.  The chiefs secondary completely dominated us 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Easy one for me. Go with the Bucs.

 

TB is already considered by most to be the GOAT. So, him winning again won’t change his narrative as much.

 

But if Mahomes wins, the narrative will be relentless especially with the whole Allen and Mahomes debate. Yuck!

It would be interesting if mahomes and Allen switched teams just for tonight...I dont think mahomes wouldve done any better with our offense 

  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody from the media ask McD about cluelessly kicking FGs??

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe its me or where I was sitting at the game but every route looked contested to me including the underneath stuff...I noticed maybe two plays where he had beasley open underneath and took a shot downfield.  The chiefs secondary completely dominated us 

It would be interesting if mahomes and Allen switched teams just for tonight...I dont think mahomes wouldve done any better with our offense 

Not this again.... Mahomes is better. Josh is good but Mahomes is better. He’s in a league of his own.

Edited by ScottLaw
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Anybody from the media ask McD about cluelessly kicking FGs??

Not this again.... Mahomes is better. Josh is good but Mahomes is better. He’s in a league of his own.

I didnt say he wasn't better lol our team got absolutely manhandled across the board and I think you can pick any nfl qb past or present you want and they don't do much under center for the bills tonight 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

We are gonna need another big weapon if we want to compete with Chiefs... they have Kelce and Hill. If we cant cover them we are gonna have to match them... who can we get to pair with Diggs and not nreak the bank 


Figure out a way to draft Najee Harris.  Not just as a runner, but he would be a guy we could target KC with on the underneath stuff like the pass Singletary dropped. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- 
THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series!The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

The terrible int that hit John brown right in the hands? Lol

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Anybody from the media ask McD about cluelessly kicking FGs??

Not this again.... Mahomes is better. Josh is good but Mahomes is better. He’s in a league of his own.


Maybe Mahomes doesn’t take the massive sacks, but he was throwing to wide open dudes alllll night.  Every throw Allen made, as highlighted numerous times by Romo, was under pressure and into a crazy tight window. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCBills said:


Maybe Mahomes doesn’t take the massive sacks, but he was throwing to wide open dudes alllll night.  Every throw Allen made, as highlighted numerous times by Romo, was under pressure and into a crazy tight window. 

Allen looked scared as ***** dude. Mahomes looked like it was just another game.... 

  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScottLaw said:

Allen looked scared as ***** dude. Mahomes looked like it was just another game.... 

 

Just stop... Mahomes had Kelce wide open all game and Hill was torching us.  
 

I’m not saying Allen is better right now, but it’s absurd that you pretend to not have watched the same game we all watched.  
 

Romo literally pointed out how no one was getting open for us multiple times throughout the game.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SCBills said:

 

Just stop... Mahomes had Kelce wide open all game and Hill was torching us.  
 

I’m not saying Allen is better right now, but it’s absurd that you pretend to not have watched the same game we all watched.  
 

Romo literally pointed out how no one was getting open for us multiple times throughout the game.  

Daboll did him no favors, but he sucked tonight. Hes not better. He’s no Mahomes dude.... and that’s ok. He’s damn good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen looked scared as ***** dude. Mahomes looked like it was just another game.... 

There was no pressure at all though. 
 

The Bills got 2-3 hurries the entire game.

 

I mean he gets all this credit for escaping, but who really got any pressure tonight? 
 

Did any lineman win one on one battles? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Daboll did him no favors, but he sucked tonight. Hes not better. He’s no Mahomes dude.... and that’s ok. He’s damn good. 

 

Nobody is saying he is better, but be honest...it's not like Mahomes was out of this world tonight; he didn't have to be because it was like playing catch out there.  Very little pressure and everyone was simply wide open.  Henne would have put up a similar game based on this defensive game plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...