Jump to content

Chiefs I would attack if I were Frazier or Daboll


Recommended Posts

If I’m Frazier, I would attack their interior OL with blitzes.  While I haven’t broke down any of their OL tape, I’m going off of name recognition and scouting reports. LG Nick Allegretti, C Austin Reiter, RG Andrew Wylie.  The chiefs haven’t invested ANYTHING into their interior OL.  Make them pay for it.  


Last time we played, their interior OL blocked 2 men with 3 men the entire game.  Our ends have played much better in the containing role in recent weeks.  Bring the heat up the gut with the ends keeping contain on Mahomes.  Move him off of his spot and get ready to jump Kelces route.  
 

If I’m Daboll, I would try and force the chiefs to play 3 LBs early on.  Harris and Niemann are liabilities. That could lessen Sneeds snaps.  He’s a good ball player who didn’t play against us in the first game.  If Spags stays in nickel and dime, I’d target Knox and whoever Charvarious Ward is guarding, while moving Diggs around to create mismatches.  Breeland on Diggs is a great matchup for us as long as the refs open their eyes.  Breeland was called on 2 PIs because he couldn’t stick with Diggs in the last game.  Diggs only had 6-46 in that game but would’ve had 8-75+ if Breeland 
didn’t interfere 

 

that said.....I don’t expect us to run too many 2 TE sets or run the ball very much, I just think it could be a sneaky scheme to throw them off of their game from time to time

 

Edited by NewEra
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re stunts, Kollman has a video where he basically said don’t stunt the chiefs. Due to PM’s super deep drop at times, the edge rushers can race around the tackles pretty easily.    

Ok, don’t stunt.  Fixed  😂

expect the unexpected.  Game will be about adjustments on both sides of the ball for each team. HC coaching matchup for the ages. This game is  2 SB quality opponents both Teams from Coaching t

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Re stunts, Kollman has a video where he basically said don’t stunt the chiefs. Due to PM’s super deep drop at times, the edge rushers can race around the tackles pretty easily.

 

 

Ok, don’t stunt.  Fixed  😂

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

expect the unexpected.

 Game will be about adjustments on both sides of the ball for each team. HC coaching matchup for the ages.
This game is  2 SB quality opponents both Teams from Coaching to Players

Just now, NewEra said:

Ok, don’t stunt.  😂

Or " maybe stunt" but maybe Not.   lol

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I’m a little frustrated that the chiefs can trot out the best QBs in football behind a 7th rd LG, UDFA C and a 7th rd RG, not to mention an UDFA journeyman RT. 
 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


To be fair to you, I am not sure PM does his 12-yard drifting drop backs all the time. Seems like it’s mostly in long-yardage situations to buy more time. 


It will be interesting to see if he can move well enough to try it IMO.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I suppose I’m a little frustrated that the chiefs can trot out the best QBs in football behind a 7th rd LG, UDFA C and a 7th rd RG, not to mention an UDFA journeyman RT. 
 

 


Well, in all honesty, the Bills are trotting out much the same to block for Allen.  We have the Chiefs old Center (bad move) and Dawkins who was supposed to be a guard 😆.  Outside of that you have Journeymen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I suppose I’m a little frustrated that the chiefs can trot out the best QBs in football behind a 7th rd LG, UDFA C and a 7th rd RG, not to mention an UDFA journeyman RT. 
 

 

Patriots did it for years i still assume

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:


It will be interesting to see if he can move well enough to try it IMO.


Well, in all honesty, the Bills are trotting out much the same to block for Allen.  We have the Chiefs old Center (bad move) and Dawkins who was supposed to be a guard 😆.  Outside of that you have Journeymen.

concepts that are being executed have no preclusions as to when or where the players were acquired from nor how.

O lines might be one of the most intense /important bit of the game. Where communication and familiarity  weigh most heavy.
Bills look pretty damned good to me right now. Much improved. for a bunch of regulars

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If I’m Frazier, I would attack their interior OL with blitzes.  While I haven’t broke down any of their OL tape, I’m going off of name recognition and scouting reports. LG Nick Allegretti, C Austin Reiter, RG Andrew Wylie.  The chiefs haven’t invested ANYTHING into their interior OL.  Make them pay for it.  


Last time we played, their interior OL blocked 2 men with 3 men the entire game.  Our ends have played much better in the containing role in recent weeks.  Bring the heat up the gut with the ends keeping contain on Mahomes.  Move him off of his spot and get ready to jump Kelces route.  
 

If I’m Daboll, I would try and force the chiefs to play 3 LBs early on.  Harris and Niemann are liabilities. That could Sneeds snaps.  He’s a good ball player who didn’t play against us in the first game.  If Spags stays in nickel and dime, I’d target Knox and whoever Charvarious Ward is guarding, while moving Diggs around to create mismatches.  Breeland on Diggs is a great matchup for us as long as the refs open their eyes.  Breeland was called on 2 PIs because he couldn’t stick with Diggs in the last game.  Diggs only had 6-46 in that game but would’ve had 8-75+ if Breeland 
didn’t interfere 

 

that said.....I don’t expect us to run too many 2 TE sets or run the ball very much, I just think it could be a sneaky scheme to throw them off of their game from time to time

 

Regarding the bold. I would think that would make PM get out the pocket? I would much rather try and keep him in the pocket as much as possible. Like Josh, he does a good amount of his damage on the run and outside the pocket.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:


It will be interesting to see if he can move well enough to try it IMO.


Well, in all honesty, the Bills are trotting out much the same to block for Allen.  We have the Chiefs old Center (bad move) and Dawkins who was supposed to be a guard 😆.  Outside of that you have Journeymen.

Morse is one of the better pass blocking centers in the league.  He hasn’t lived up to his contract, but he’s start for several teams.  

 

Dawkins was supposed to be a guard in your opinion.  
 

We used a 2nd rd pick on our LG, but he’s hurt and sucks.

 

Feliciano, while not a big name FA, was seen as a good low risk, versatile interior OL.


to the chiefs credit, their original starting LG Osemele was lost to injury. 
 

 

we’ve invested much more into our OL than the chiefs have

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Regarding the bold. I would think that would make PM get out the pocket? I would much rather try and keep him in the pocket as much as possible. Like Josh, he does a good amount of his damage on the run and outside the pocket.

 

 

I made it a point say that I’d have the DEs play contain roles when blitzed up the middle.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would spread them out with 5 wrs on field most of the plays. Make there defense attack against them.  Use quick passing if needed.  Use misdirection or iso run plays for runs. Bill's guards might be key since last game they attacked the guard area, now with better guards for o-line going to help more.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Morse is one of the better pass blocking centers in the league.  He hasn’t lived up to his contract, but he’s start for several teams.  

 

Dawkins was supposed to be a guard in your opinion.  
 

We used a 2nd rd pick on our LG, but he’s hurt and sucks.

 

Feliciano, while not a big name FA, was seen as a good low risk, versatile interior OL.


to the chiefs credit, their original starting LG Osemele was lost to injury. 
 

 

we’ve invested much more into our OL than the chiefs have

I made it a point say that I’d have the DEs play contain roles when blitzed up the middle.  

Yeah, but it doesn't always work that way. I think I would try to get pressure on the edges. However, I'm sure they will attack many different areas and ways. Just saying I'd definitely want to keep him in the pocket which ever they do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


To be fair to you, I am not sure PM does his 12-yard drifting drop backs all the time. Seems like it’s mostly in long-yardage situations to buy more time. 

 

Yea Mahomes and Josh are very similar, they love to play hero ball. It's what happened in the Chiefs loss to the Raiders. And like the video posted said, the Chiefs are an explosive offense which isn't the same as an efficient offense. They won't dink and dunk their way down the field.

 

To the OP, I'm still not sure I would blitz PM. Maybe a couple but it wouldn't be a lot. All of the defenses that were able to "contain" the KC offense, used a lot of Cover 2 or Quarters. Like I said above, the Chiefs don't dink and dunk teams and honestly I think it annoys the crap out of them when they have to. They start forcing long plays because that's who they are, an explosive offense. If you make them march down the field and into the red zone, where they aren't one of the best offense there, there's more of a likelihood that they make mistakes.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah, but it doesn't always work that way. I think I would try to get pressure on the edges. However, I'm sure they will attack many different areas and ways. Just saying I'd definitely want to keep him in the pocket which ever they do.

Yeah, containment is paramount 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Regarding the bold. I would think that would make PM get out the pocket? I would much rather try and keep him in the pocket as much as possible. Like Josh, he does a good amount of his damage on the run and outside the pocket.

 

 

There was a stat I saw the other day that Mahomes has a passer rating of only 55 or something when blitzed. I believe this wasn't the entire season, but more recent games. Either way, I'd take my shots at blitzing him if there's any truth to that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...