Chiefs I would attack if I were Frazier or Daboll

NewEra

11 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea Mahomes and Josh are very similar, they love to play hero ball. It's what happened in the Chiefs loss to the Raiders. And like the video posted said, the Chiefs are an explosive offense which isn't the same as an efficient offense. They won't dink and dunk their way down the field.

Except they do just that, when they need to.  12, 13, 10 and 12 play drives against us Week 6.

10 and 12 play drives ending on TOD against the Jets

12 play drive ending in FG against the Panthers

14, 16 and 12 play drives against the Raiders

12 and 13 play drives against the Bucs (fumble, FG)

Two 10 play drives against the Broncos

It's a bit frustrating to me when even a guy I have a lot of respect for like Kollman says stuff that is easily refuted by a glance at a handful of box scores

It's not that KC can't or won't dink-and-dunk down the field. 

It's that they usually don't have to.  But if a defense is effective enough to force it on them, they can and will.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

There was a stat I saw the other day that Mahomes has a passer rating of only 55 or something when blitzed. I believe this wasn't the entire season, but more recent games. Either way, I'd take my shots at blitzing him if there's any truth to that 

For the season, Mahomes is the highest rated QB when blitzed. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

There was a stat I saw the other day that Mahomes has a passer rating of only 55 or something when blitzed. I believe this wasn't the entire season, but more recent games. Either way, I'd take my shots at blitzing him if there's any truth to that 

I can’t say for sure, but I think they showed the passer rating of the 4 remaining qbs when blitzed......this post season. So I believe it was only 1 game for Mahomes and Rodgers, 2 for Brady and allen. Allen led with 104ish

We need a huge game from our DL. We must collapse the pocket from the interior using 4 man pressure. On the occasions we blitz it must be from a zone coverage where the timing and blitz are disguised in that Mahomes gets put on his back. Mahomes must be flushed from the pocket by interior pressure as an edge blitz allows him to step up and dance in the pocket. Make him move off his spot corral him & force him to his left. 

Just now, Steptide said:

Yeah I think they will blitz this game. They didn't hardly at all the 1st meeting. I feel like the Bills have all of the D this go round and they are all healthy for the most part. So I think they can try a number of different things they couldn't the 1st meeting due to lack of personnel.

Maybe they find something that works for a while, if they do you can be sure Andy Reid will adjust to it at some point. Then will have to counter. Will be an interesting coaching battle also that some may overlook. I believe there will be quite a few adjustments this game by both teams.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except they do just that, when they need to.  12, 13, 10 and 12 play drives against us Week 6.

10 and 12 play drives ending on TOD against the Jets

12 play drive ending in FG against the Panthers

14, 16 and 12 play drives against the Raiders

12 and 13 play drives against the Bucs (fumble, FG)

Two 10 play drives against the Broncos

It's a bit frustrating to me when even a guy I have a lot of respect for like Kollman says stuff that is easily refuted by a glance at a handful of box scores

It's not that KC can't or won't dink-and-dunk down the field. 

It's that they usually don't have to.  But if a defense is effective enough to force it on them, they can and will.

I don't think that's what he's saying though. He's not saying they won't, he's saying they would prefer not to. It's what trips them up. Which he then backs up, with some evidence. 

Of course they can dink and dunk, so I suppose I shouldn't have said won't but they would prefer not to. They WANT to be explosive. They don't want to be a dink and dunk team because it forces them into mistakes.

I don't think that's what he's saying though. He's not saying they won't, he's saying they would prefer not to. It's what trips them up. Which he then backs up, with some evidence. 

Ah!!! So he's saying they should dink and dunk more than they do?  I would agree with that.

Of course they can dink and dunk, so I suppose I shouldn't have said won't but they would prefer not to. They WANT to be explosive. They don't want to be a dink and dunk team because it forces them into mistakes.

I think that's a fair cop on Allen, as well.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah!!! So he's saying they should dink and dunk more than they do?  I would agree with that.

Yea that's what he's saying but he thinks if they do it more, it may expose more of their weaker areas and might rely on guys who aren't All-Pros. Which is why he thinks it's a better way to defend them.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that's a fair cop on Allen, as well.

Definitely. They both like to play hero ball.

Against us the first time, they didn't so much dink and dunk, as ran the football on those long drives. Mahomes was being more 'sensible' in taking small gains, but a lot of what they did was based off of the run game that time.

I think it's a decent set of observations, and tbh, both Mahomes and Allen would have the same default mindset - i.e. go for the bigger gain. Josh has certainly reined that in a lot, especially since that KC game.

Heaven forbid the game becomes a 'dink and dunk' fest, but if it does, I think Allen will show a bit more patience with it than Mahomes - and it might make all the difference.

I won't have a bad word said about Nick Allegretti. Today was supposed to be Shrine Game weekend and he was one of the stand outs I highlighted in my Shrine game scouting report two years ago. Out of Illinois. Think the Chiefs took him in the 7th round and I am not at all surprised he has been a solid find for them. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I won't have a bad word said about Nick Allegretti. Today was supposed to be Shrine Game weekend and he was one of the stand outs I highlighted in my Shrine game scouting report two years ago. Out of Illinois. Think the Chiefs took him in the 7th round and I am not at all surprised he has been a solid find for them. 

He is a beast.  

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

He's generally considered the best in the league at handling the blitz, though Brady has always been terrific, and Allen lately has looked just as good.

You can blitz him, but not regularly. Regular blitzes he handles like an advantage to him. Occasionally, as a surprise, it can work. And it also helps if you do it in a non-standard way, like blitz an LB on the left and back up a DL on the right. If it's obvious how you're doing it, Mahomes knows just where to throw, into the area the blitzer vacated.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

It will be interesting to see if he can move well enough to try it IMO.

Well, in all honesty, the Bills are trotting out much the same to block for Allen.  We have the Chiefs old Center (bad move) and Dawkins who was supposed to be a guard 😆.  Outside of that you have Journeymen.

Morse hasn't been the same since he went out for the concussion, but overall that wasn't a bad move at all. If he doesn't regain his former level, yeah, he could be gone, but he might easily regain his old level.

And while some on here thought Dawkins should be a guard, the Bills never thought so, nor did many of the rest of us.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

Against us the first time, they didn't so much dink and dunk, as ran the football on those long drives. Mahomes was being more 'sensible' in taking small gains, but a lot of what they did was based off of the run game that time.

I think it's a decent set of observations, and tbh, both Mahomes and Allen would have the same default mindset - i.e. go for the bigger gain. Josh has certainly reined that in a lot, especially since that KC game.

Heaven forbid the game becomes a 'dink and dunk' fest, but if it does, I think Allen will show a bit more patience with it than Mahomes - and it might make all the difference.

I love me some Josh Allen...but I'm wondering what leads you to think Allen will show a bit more patience with the Dink n Dunk than Mahomes?

To me, he's only one step removed from the place where I used to facetiously suggest that Singletary and Knox be equipped with orange snow poles to better aid Allen in finding them.

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Re stunts, Kollman has a video where he basically said don’t stunt the chiefs. Due to PM’s super deep drop at times, the edge rushers can race around the tackles pretty easily.

Not to mention it opens up interior rushing lanes to a team that pounded us for something like 250yrds the last time we saw them. :ph34r: