Chiefs I would attack if I were Frazier or Daboll

NewEra

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

He's generally considered the best in the league at handling the blitz, though Brady has always been terrific, and Allen lately has looked just as good.

You can blitz him, but not regularly. Regular blitzes he handles like an advantage to him. Occasionally, as a surprise, it can work. And it also helps if you do it in a non-standard way, like blitz an LB on the left and back up a DL on the right. If it's obvious how you're doing it, Mahomes knows just where to throw, into the area the blitzer vacated.

I'm hoping for some run blitzing to try and get their run game stopped,assuming we will try a similar defensive game plan where we lay back in coverage.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love me some Josh Allen...but I'm wondering what leads you to think Allen will show a bit more patience with the Dink n Dunk than Mahomes?

To me, he's only one step removed from the place where I used to facetiously suggest that Singletary and Knox be equipped with orange snow poles to better aid Allen in finding them.

I think if he understands it as part of a gameplan, he will be disciplined enough to stick with it. I also think that some of the things Daboll has done with him in different games, are leading to getting him to play with that discipline. We may be 'pass first', but we haven't necessarily been exclusively so, and a couple of the games played this season, we've almost been deliberately 'dinking and dunking'. First 'Fins game springs to mind as a possible example.

15 hours ago, die hard bills fan said:

Bring the heat.  See if Mahomes' s  toe is still bothering him.

image.thumb.jpeg.51f739dab3426fef053fc67760d5d5ac.jpeg
After the first KC offensive series.

I am disappointed I am the first to mention the term 'Gilliooly'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Two 'o's in Gilliooly...🤨
  • Haha (+1) 1

New Era, a for effort.  Given a potential toe mobility issue and expect whatever meds they give to manage the pain, will wear off in the 2nd half.  I’m hopeful for some with delayed safety blitzes, or CB blitzes up the middle while the DE’s play contain.

There is now way they go to a base defense when we have a less than average running game and Moss out.  They will be in nickel against Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

New Era, a for effort.  Given a potential toe mobility issue and expect whatever meds they give to manage the pain, will wear off in the 2nd half.  I’m hopeful for some with delayed safety blitzes, or CB blitzes up the middle while the DE’s play contain.

There is now way they go to a base defense when we have a less than average running game and Moss out.  They will be in nickel against Buffalo.

Thanks.

I know it won’t be easy to pull them out of nickel, but dime is what they really would like to play.  If we can get a couple chunk run plays going early, maybe we can eliminate them playing dime, minus empty sets.  

this year set up perfectly for our boy Lee Smith and some 2 TE sets. The refs are allowing players to hold now.....Smith doesn’t have any penalties that I can remember.  Keep smith/knox/motor/ in to help mass pass block then leak out for dump offs.  We’ve used max protection more than 90% of the league and have had success.  

as I’ve stated, I love the empty set, pass, pass, pass, offense, but I think that approach plays into what the chiefs do best on D.   Keeping the d off balance and being multiple on O will be very important in this game imo. Chess, not checkers, vs Spags.

Era, I can live with that and my base emotions is I get worried even though incredibly effective in the pass, they have to at least get some concern for our running, and either you or another said, that can come from Allen.  He gets hurt more in the pocket than mobile because this year especially  as he’s improved with sliding or running out of bounds.  Seems he is steadily improving with each year not to play hero, but just get as much as he can without getting hit.

whatever it takes to not get them in dime as that can impede our movement down the field.  They blitzed us a lot last game so we’ll see as Allen is now one of the best picking up the blitz and torching opponents.

A piece of advice for my TBD friends.  Don’t get rattled by the 90% of sportscasters picking the Chiefs today.  I’d rather our guys playing that underdog Schtick .

• Agree 1