Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We the people. I get, those who want to restrict voting rights want to make the excuse that we are only a republic, so voting is not a right. 

This is a serious question.  If it were a right would it have restrictions?  

39 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Off the top of my head environmental things like emission standards that are not budget related.

You want to talk about emission caps?  Sure, it's a good topic, but it doesn't belong in an infrastructure spending bill.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

You want to talk about emission caps?  Sure, it's a good topic, but it doesn't belong in an infrastructure spending bill.  

California will be doing our part for emissions seeing we can't buy gas powered cars starting in 2035.  That alone should cost Newsom his job seeing this was done by executive order.  CA, of course, is car crazy and don't tell me what kind of car I have to buy.  

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Emission caps make sense in infrastructure as the US and the auto industry turns away from gas powered vehicles, we need infrastructure to support electric.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

California will be doing our part for emissions seeing we can't buy gas powered cars starting in 2035.  That alone should cost Newsom his job seeing this was done by executive order.  CA, of course, is car crazy and don't tell me what kind of car I have to buy.  

Is that new cars only or even preowned? 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is that new cars only or even preowned? 

I'm assuming new only.  They can't take all cars off the street.  And if this is the case we need to really really work on our e-station charging.  

BTW there are those cynics like me that think did this to appease Elon Musk and get him on Gavin's side.   Who the Eff knows. 

Edited by Chef Jim

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm assuming new only.  They can't take all cars off the street.  And if this is the case we need to really really work on our e-station charging.  

BTW there are those cynics like me that think did this to appease Elon Musk and get him on Gavin's side.   Who the Eff knows. 

I believe Elon already fully extended his middle finger to California. 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, it would and does. There are restrictions based on age.

And others.   

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I believe Elon already fully extended his middle finger to California. 

His Tesla plant is still in Fremont in the Bay Area. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lots of “ free “ government money being pumped into the system of certain “ chosen winners” . Market will follow the money but very bad for taxpaying Americans 

Yawn, you right wingers have been saying that crap about Dems forever, yet things are swell 

Yawn