Trump Impeachment 2.0

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

6 Republicans and this being constitutional was obvious so I doubt we get anymore crossing over.

Possibly. Defending a vote based on the legalese that was thrown around on constitutionality is a lot easier to defend than one based on evidence.

Still doubtful of a conviction but interesting to say the least. Especially since a Republican moved over on this vote.

1 minute ago, Unforgiven said:

"The latest Rasmussen Reports survey showed that just 31% of likely voters believe a conviction of high crimes and misdemeanors is at hand."

lol...polls ...that means it's probably more like less than 1%

5 people on bbmb rofl.

They polled the House a couple weeks ago if there were high crimes and the results came back bipartisan that over 50 percent thought there were.

In the next week or so, they will poll the Senate and it again will come back with a result of over 50 percent believe there are and it will be bipartisan.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

6 Republicans and this being constitutional was obvious so I doubt we get anymore crossing over.

When you say obvious is it because it had started and gotten through Congress before he left office already? 

my understanding is  the other side is arguing constitutionality only because the process is intended to remove from office, but since he’s gone, it’s moot.

The Constitution confers upon Congress the power to impeach and thereafter remove from office the President.

To me that seems like it should the least debatable partisan topic.  

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

They polled the House a couple weeks ago if there were high crimes and the results came back bipartisan that over 50 percent thought there were.

In the next week or so, they will poll the Senate and it again will come back with a result of over 50 percent believe there are and it will be bipartisan.

I think they need 60/100 votes to convict 

thanks @Backintheday544 67 or 2/3

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When you say obvious is it because it had started and gotten through Congress before he left office already? 

my understanding is  the other side is arguing constitutionality only because the process is intended to remove from office, but since he’s gone, it’s moot.

The Constitution confers upon Congress the power to impeach and thereafter remove from office the President.

To me that seems like it should the least debatable partisan topic.  

we did that already back when Ulysses S. Grant was President.

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

we did that already back when Ulysses S. Grant was President.

not exactly apparently, but thanks for making me look it up. I didn’t know wacko Taylor green already introduced articles of impeachment for Biden. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_impeachment_efforts_for_presidents_of_the_United_States

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think they need 60/100 votes to convict 

67 to convict. The point being though that the poll that matters are first the impeachment and second the conviction. I’d content, as sent a conviction to get 5 or more Rs to vote to convict would be big for the Dems.

That also puts Trump as the only impeached president to vote bipartisan conviction votes not once but twice. It also gets rid of the this is a partisan witch hunt stigma. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Doc said:

A "mostly peaceful protest."  As similar events in the past have been defined by CNN.

Tell that to the family of

the officer who was killed.  I suspect their view is a bit different from yours. Then again, HCQ can increase the risk of dementia, so maybe that explains your forgetfulness as to the violence of the mob that overran the Capitol. 

7 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

67 to convict. The point being though that the poll that matters are first the impeachment and second the conviction. I’d content, as sent a conviction to get 5 or more Rs to vote to convict would be big for the Dems.

That also puts Trump as the only impeached president to vote bipartisan conviction votes not once but twice. It also gets rid of the this is a partisan witch hunt stigma. 

It also paints Republican Senators who vote to acquit him as condoning the riots.  The more video and images they show the worse it's going to look.

• Like (+1) 1