Trump Impeachment 2.0

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It's become unfashionable to request that 'open/obvious/everyone can see it' evidence be provided by those in full froth.  

Here's the way it plays out:

them: It's quite obvious there was incitement.

reasonable people:  Why do you think that?

them:  Well, calls for peaceful protests are obvious dog whistles to breach the Capitol.

rp:  Do you have anything more than pretend dog whistles? I'm willing to listen. 

them:   What else would we need. We're liberals. Everyone can see it.  Anyone who cannot is a complicit co-conspirator.

rp:  Righto, but what else do you have?  It seems if 'peace = violence' this should take 5 minutes.

them:  No, that's enough.  We can't have some people calling for peaceful protests using pretend dog whistles.  Don't be obstinate. 

rp:  No, seriously.  Are you at all concerned this is political theater run amock?

them: No.  There are no politics in play at all here.  These dems are legit and pure. 

rp:  So are you anticipating a conviction and 100% vote on guilty?

them:  No.  Some in attendance are consciously unlistening.  Conviction is highly unlikely.  It's all political.

rp:  They are acting politically, but the other side is not?

them:  Yes.  You don't understand.  Every crime ever committed has been decided on circumstantial evidence and has been committed by Trump.    There literally is never any evidence. 

rp:  Every crime ever is Trump's fault?

them:  Yes.  Both the existence of evidence and the lack of evidence are indicators of guilt.  When you think about it, there was no evidence that Trump was involved in the Brown/Goldman murders, but who else could it have been but Trump?  

rp:  So you can do nothing at all and be guilty?

them:  Of course.   That's how it works-- we accuse someone of something and they are guilty. Look at Russia.

rp:  That doesn't sound right.   What happened to Trump after the Russia investigation?

them:  Nothing.  That's the point.  Nothing isn't anything, it's something.  Duh. 

Take the cotton out of your ears and stick it in our mouth. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you think the election was stolen from Trump? 

What I'd like  to say is yes, and I didn't take Trump's statements as a call to action and I never would, just to make you freak out.

What I believe is that Trump lost.  What I believe is that States had better tighten up their voting systems and be more transparent for the next election.  What I believe is that if someone is going to hold an election, it is good to show the world how fair it is, instead of just flat out dismissing questions about it and marketing it ad "the big lie".  There appear to be some serious ***** ups along the way to certifying a winner, and none of those were ever explained.  If it's such a lie, then show everyone.  I don't think that has happened yet.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Let’s start with your first sentence.  It contains the false premise that the refusal and failure to quell can relate only to dereliction of duty.  That’s wrong.  HIs refusal to act once he knew that the mob had overtaken the Capitol is circumstantial evidence that he got what he wanted and what his words leading up that moment had suggested, namely, an assault upon that building.  

I clearly disagree with you.  Not anything more to be said.

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Let’s move next to Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz.  Both of them amplified the Big Lie.  That’s pretty well established.  And both of them knew better.  These are smart guys who capitalized on Trump’s exploitation of a bunch of downtrodden, angry, victimized gullibles.  They encouraged this nonsense, and it’s splitting hairs to say that they aren’t complicit in the outcome. Josh Hawley’s little fist of power on the Capitol steps speaks for itself.  

I disagree with you.  They were calling for transparency and they said they would abide by the results of an inquiry.  I saw the Senate re-convene that night AFTER the riot, and if I recall, there were Senators from both parties that said they wouldn't have objected if the riots hadn't occurred.  Or at least said, that was Cruz and Hawley's right to inquire.  I don't know of any statement they made before the riot that would tie them to it.  I think to do so is dishonest and dangerous.  Hell, there were members of Congress in 2016 who disputed the vote.  Were their objections "the big lie"?

1 minute ago, snafu said:

What I'd like  to say is yes, and I didn't take Trump's statements as a call to action and I never would, just to make you freak out.

What I believe is that Trump lost.  What I believe is that States had better tighten up their voting systems and be more transparent for the next election.  What I believe is that if someone is going to hold an election, it is good to show the world how fair it is, instead of just flat out dismissing questions about it and marketing it ad "the big lie".  There appear to be some serious ***** ups along the way to certifying a winner, and none of those were ever explained.  If it's such a lie, then show everyone.  I don't think that has happened yet.

What bull manure!  All of the supposed  "***** ups along the way to certifying a winner" were fully explained, but you simply refuse to accept them.   FTR, there were more proven cases of voting fraud in Louisiana than there were in Pennsylvania.  I believe it was 4 or 5 in LA to 3 in PA.

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Take the cotton out of your ears and stick it in our mouth. 

It's painfully obvious who is watching the evidence unfold live during the hearing and those that are not.

Unfortunately had to ignore B-Man after looking at some of his posts. Lots of what about this and what about that with links to right wing punditry, while ignoring the live proceedings. 

Edited by 716er

32 minutes ago, snafu said:

I get what you're saying, but then why did the D.C. Mayor ask for National Guard troops ahead of time AND direct that they be placed in places that were not obtrusive, or for security purposes?  That happened.

Apparently Trump, and those people who invaded the Capitol, believe this "Big Lie".  He invited people to come to D.C., but can you point out where Trump invited anyone coming to D.C. to "be wild"?  I saw him invite people to the Capitol, but I didn't see him tell anyone to be a complete animal and attach police and desecrate that Capitol.  I don't condone what happened on the 6th, and I've said in this thread that Trump is his own worst enemy and he wouldn't be in this position if he were like anyone else.  I'm trying to look at this impeachment dispassionately and I don't see where there's a connection to "inciting".  I do see dereliction of duty AFTER the fact, but Trump isn't charged with that.

You're trying to spread the blame to the mayor of DC.  That simply is not her jurisdiction.

Do you believe the big lie?

From Politifact.

Dec. 19:  Trump tweeted his praise for a report by his adviser Peter Navarro alleging election fraud: "A great report by Peter. Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

Bottom line, take Trumps repeated lies, his invitation to come to DC and his telling people to go to the Capitol and none of this would have happened.  Trump is responsible for the insurrection.

27 minutes ago, snafu said:

Dude...they literally hand counted every paper ballot in "contested" states with Dem and GOP representatives witnessing every count...what more do you want? 

What is more...you know who is AGAINST a formal standard system of voting protocols? ...The GOP...because it would solidify voter access - which is the last thing they got going at this point. 

Edited by TH3

23 minutes ago, snafu said:

I clearly disagree with you.  Not anything more to be said.

I disagree with you.  They were calling for transparency and they said they would abide by the results of an inquiry.  I saw the Senate re-convene that night AFTER the riot, and if I recall, there were Senators from both parties that said they wouldn't have objected if the riots hadn't occurred.  Or at least said, that was Cruz and Hawley's right to inquire.  I don't know of any statement they made before the riot that would tie them to it.  I think to do so is dishonest and dangerous.  Hell, there were members of Congress in 2016 who disputed the vote.  Were their objections "the big lie"?

Right to inquire as to what, exactly?  Election fraud?  They know it’s bogus.  Every  DC Republican I talk to knows that it’s BS.  Hawley clerked at the Supreme Court.  Both he and Cruz are ivies.  They are not stupid, and they know there is nothing to the Big Lie.  Not a speck of truth to it.  That leaves us at a point where this “inquiry” of which you speak actually was pandering to a bamboozled group of people with the goal of currying political favor.  It backfired in a big, bad way, and now those two losers have to bear the consequences. 

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Uh, his jury ALSO includes his alleged victims.  If they don't feel so victimized to say that Trump incited the riot in their place of work, then that's just as valid.  They're the jurors. They get to decide.

This tweet is typical divisive vapid B.S. from Hillary Clinton.  Typical attempt to smear and criminalize one entire party for the acts of few -- because with her and many in her party like her, it's party over anything else and any other party or voice should and must be snuffed out.  You saying "bingo" lets everyone here know that you agree with this completely unjustified, unverified slander -- and it makes you out to be, like Hillary Clinton, a conspiracy nutjob.

Thank God she's a worse candidate than Trump, and thank you for again showing everyone here what you are.  

Moments like this is where I see the comic value in all of this political theater.  If Hillary was a right-leaning or libertarian poster and she accused the Democratic Senators of conspiring to <fill in the blank> her account would have been suspended and her tweet removed for spreading misinformation and violating the code of conduct of the site.  The fact it isn't just proves what lying hypocrites there are running the social media "ministry of truth".  Whatever your political view you can't tell me with a straight face that I'm wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TH3 said:

What is more...you know who is AGAINST a formal standard system of voting protocols? ...The GOP...because it would solidify voter access - which is the last thing they got going at this point. 

I don't think the results of congressional and State elections prove your point.

Trump lost and the R's picked up seats in the house, and R's aren't losing ground in State races, either.

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Right to inquire as to what, exactly?  Election fraud?  They know it’s bogus.  Every  DC Republican I talk to knows that it’s BS.  Hawley clerked at the Supreme Court.  Both he and Cruz are ivies.  They are not stupid, and they know there is nothing to the Big Lie.  Not a speck of truth to it.  That leaves us at a point where this “inquiry” of which you speak actually was pandering to a bamboozled group of people with the goal of currying political favor.  It backfired in a big, bad way, and now those two losers have to bear the consequences. 

You could substitute Adam Schiff and Eric Swallwell in your paragraph except about the Russia hoax, and it would read the exact same way. Word, for word.  Try it! 

34 minutes ago, snafu said:

If you believe Trump lost, shouldn't he have admitted as much and not filled people's heads with nonsense about a stolen election?  Shouldn't he have put the country first and engaged in an orderly, peaceful transfer of power like his predecessor afforded him?

What in the election needs to be tightened?  What lack of transparency are you talking about?  What serious **** ups along the way are you talking about? 

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't think the results of congressional and State elections prove your point.

Trump lost and the R's picked up seats in the house, and R's aren't losing ground in State races, either.

You do realize the Rs lost the Senate.

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ummm....See gerrymandering....and as well virtually every GOP controlled state has just introduced legislation to pinch voter access 

What about my first point? 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

One of the fundamental rules of successfully navigating the internet is to avoid clicking on links from sources deemed untrustworthy.  Given your predilection for silencing dissent, you are in that category.  

You feel silenced, awww. 

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

If you believe Trump lost, shouldn't he have admitted as much and not filled people's heads with nonsense about a stolen election?  Shouldn't he have put the country first and engaged in an orderly, peaceful transfer of power like his predecessor afforded him?

What in the election needs to be tightened?  What lack of transparency are you talking about?  What serious **** ups along the way are you talking about? 

You must not visit the football side of this board much. After every Bills loss there are thread after thread about how they got screwed...and that's WITHOUT any brand new rule changes imposed during the game. 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yep. Except he had every right to question the results.  He's not the first politician to do so.

His complete screw up was not to have his legal team in place well prior to the election.  Every deadline he had was missed and every complaint he made wasn't ripe.  Those are technicalities that got him bounced out of court after court.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

There are several States which do all mail-in balloting and have done so for years and are good at it.  I don't believe that ANY state which wasn't set up for it was ready to handle a covid-19 election in a proper and efficient way.  They have a year to get things right, if they keep their newly altered rules.  Pennsylvania (for one example) saw the legislature pass laws regarding voting, and then saw their Secretary of State change the law midstream.  That's actually a Supreme Court Case that hasn't been argued yet.  What pipe burst in Atlanta that shut down their vote counting?    Why would someone lie about that?It just seems like there are questions that need better answers than "the big lie"!  I already said that I believe Trump lost.  I believe that EVERY vote cast for President was about Trump.  Not one had to do with Biden.

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Ummm....See gerrymandering....and as well virtually every GOP controlled state has just introduced legislation to pinch voter access 

What about my first point? 

Go look at the votes cast in certain states.  You'll find that total votes cast for Republican Congressional Candidates per State was higher than those cast for Trump.  That is statewide and has nothing to do with gerrymandering.  And if Gerrymandering was actually the explanation, then how would you explain the 2018 midterms?