Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I have kids.  I reluctantly brought my 7 year old to the Washington game last year, knowing that we would see and hear some potentially bad stuff that he has not previously been exposed to.  Lots of swearing around us.  One guy apologized to us, and I told him to go right on ahead and I wouldn't bring him to a Bills game if I wasn't prepared for that, hah.  

But decking him out in an away jersey in an opposing stadium with fans (I dont mean Tampa or Tennessee fans, but fans like Philly).... there is a risk there.  Not saying its right or justified that people act like animals... its just there should be a level of expectancy or readiness.  Its all a lottery on whether you will encounter that frothing lunatic.  If the Bills were visiting, say the Jets in a meaningful game... I would not want to attend, let alone bring my kid into that wearing the wrong 'colors'.

Bills Stadium has improved immensely as far as behavior goes.  The texting hotline helps I guess.  There is also a heavy Erie County Sheriff presence that has increased over the years.  Any sign of trouble and they are on it. The threshold to eject (or not admit) someone is also much lower.  I also think there is an overall fan code now that some of the boorish behavior that may have been cool in the 70s, 80s, and 90s is lame now.  

Glad they cleaned it up, I wouldnt know I havent been to New York state at all in at least 15 years because of the ridiculous income tax requirements.   Didnt the NFL do something with Nickledon in one game, i assume to try and attract the younger audience.  Clean up the experience beyond the third pre-season game so little kids can enjoy it.  

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Yeah I think he definitely will get better.  I don't think he'll ever be the kind of QB Miami fans expect

Who knows, the Bills may have done Miami the biggest favor of all time "exposing" Tua.  That third pick will probably land them Josh Fields of the kid from BYU if they want.  If the Jets stick with Darnold and Miami sticks with Tua are the two most interesting draft decisions this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love this!

Jayjayb said:

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the crap out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL

That’s hilarious, I CLEARLY missed him on purpose!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Where is the needle at on your sensitivity meter?  Has it blown up yet?

I don't get the debate here at all.  Anybody that has ever attended a NFL game knows that there are people from all over the spectrum in terms of behavior.  The first priority whether a person likes it or not is to be preventative in terms of potential conflict.  

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Can't complain about running up the score when it's 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players doing it

I remember a college coach (maybe Saban?) say something like “I’ve got the bottom of the roster in. What am I supposed to do, tell them not to try???” 

3 hours ago, T master said:

I think if the Bills had a really good RB (like a A.J Dillon) and some of the D rookies could develop into top D players this team could be even better than the Bills of the 90's . 

I think this team would destroy the Bills teams from the 90's. Kelly, Thomas and Reed would score points, and Bruce would get some sacks, but not enough in either case. Offense: better. Defense: better. Special teams: same. It wouldn't be close. I'm nostalgic but also realistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Where is the needle at on your sensitivity meter? 

Probably somewhere around "assaulting children".

I don't even want to know where yours is.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

rabble rouser 

being punched at a bills game is a right of passage in our family.  the older males take the younger males to a game, and make them wear the jersey of the opposing qb or favorite player.  half way through the second quarter, (we prefer to be down by a td) we make the future men walk through the rockpile and take their lumps.  it's the western ny version of a vision quest.

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 8

I've sat next to Miami fans in Buffalo.  They were cocky but I talked some common sense football to them and them calmed down enough for all of us to have fun. 

I've seer Raiders Fans fighting with Raiders fans in Buffalo

2 years ago Some drunkasshole at the Ravens (home game) threw he beer at a group of Bills fans and said he was aiming at the trash can. 

And that was only halftime 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, finn said:

I think this team would destroy the Bills teams from the 90's. Kelly, Thomas and Reed would score points, and Bruce would get some sacks, but not enough in either case. Offense: better. Defense: better. Special teams: same. It wouldn't be close. I'm nostalgic but also realistic. 

Fact is comparing athletes today versus 30 years ago is absurd.  Players train almost all year round now, eat better, train smarter, better doctors and operations, much more sophisticated play called, bigger, fast, stronger.  Most of those 90 Bills wouldnt make todays roster imo.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fact is comparing athletes today versus 30 years ago is absurd.  Players train almost all year round now, eat better, train smarter, better doctors and operations, much more sophisticated play called, bigger, fast, stronger.  Most of those 90 Bills wouldnt make todays roster imo.

Shane Conlan lost his job here in part because even the run stoppers were getting faster than he was.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Shane Conlan lost his job here in part because even the run stoppers were getting faster than he was.

You see the same thing in all sports. Look at old film of Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert and Don Luce, and you'll laugh out loud at how slow they are compared to today's NHL players. It's like an old man's league. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IMO 

There is nothing worse than a bunch of drunken idiots at a football game 

Except drunken idiots who go out of their way at the neighborhood watering hole to harass someone not from the neighborhood or does not share DNA with them.  Not a problem I have ever had but I have known many cops who have told me about it.  There are plenty of places that a NYS trooper will not go without back up around WNY.  

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Our "nose tackle" back then Jeff Wright  was  274 pounds, can you imagine a starting NFL NT on a super Bowl teams today weighing 274 pounds?  I looked at the '92 roster, only 4 guys over 300?.

4 hours ago, FastFreddy22 said:

If you want a good laugh go to Fin Heaven and read the bills ran up the score post...its awesome.  They also have a Josh Allen thread.  Im just so happy that Mcbeane has put us in the position were in.  This is the best Bills team of my lifetime I was too young to enjoy the early 90's.  Go Bills!!!!!!

https://finheaven.com/threads/why-did-the-bills-run-up-the-score.364154/

This trend of acting like this forum doesn't sh*t itself every time there's the slightest bit of adversity is getting really sad. 

Stop lambasting other team's fans right after they experience some bad times.