I'm Thankful For the Bills

I wanted to write a post here for people to express what the Bills current streak has meant to them. Maybe you are having a hard time with things, and they have given you a bright spot on gamedays in an otherwise difficult time.

On October 18th, my mother, who was otherwise very healthy and just turned 57 four days earlier wasn't feeling well, so she went to the doctor, and they found 2 masses on her brain. 

They did surgery 2 days later, and she has lost a lot of her cognition, is often confused, sleepy, and has been bedridden since. Pathology came back as stage 4 brain cancer. She has been living in either the ICU post-op for a couple weeks, 70 miles away at a rehab facility where, thanks to Covid, we could not see her, or for the last 3 weeks, has been at a local nursing home, which she just celebrated her one year retirement from a couple days ago. 

She has stopped eating about a week or so ago... and tomorrow we will be discontinuing her feeding tube. I understand it should take about a week or two for things to take their course, at that point.

Though this is obviously an incredibly difficult time for our not just myself but my family, it is nice to have the Bills really giving me something to cheer for and lift my spirits, once per week. They couldn't have planned a better time to have a run like they are currently having, and I can't express enough how much I appreciate this team, at this time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From one part of the Bills family to another, a big hug and prayers of comfort to you and your family, 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

So sorry to hear this man.   I dont think we can ever understand why these things happen, but I am so very glad the Bills could lift you up during this time in your life.  So many prayers for you, your Mother, and your entire family.  Keep your head up as far as you can and lets keep hoping this team is around for at least another month or so to keep our weekends something to look forward to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

I wanted to write a post here for people to express what the Bills current streak has meant to them. Maybe you are having a hard time with things, and they have given you a bright spot on gamedays in an otherwise difficult time.

On October 18th, my mother, who was otherwise very healthy and just turned 57 four days earlier wasn't feeling well, so she went to the doctor, and they found 2 masses on her brain. 

They did surgery 2 days later, and she has lost a lot of her cognition, is often confused, sleepy, and has been bedridden since. Pathology came back as stage 4 brain cancer. She has been living in either the ICU post-op for a couple weeks, 70 miles away at a rehab facility where, thanks to Covid, we could not see her, or for the last 3 weeks, has been at a local nursing home, which she just celebrated her one year retirement from a couple days ago. 

She has stopped eating about a week or so ago... and tomorrow we will be discontinuing her feeding tube. I understand it should take about a week or two for things to take their course, at that point.

Though this is obviously an incredibly difficult time for our not just myself but my family, it is nice to have the Bills really giving me something to cheer for and lift my spirits, once per week. They couldn't have planned a better time to have a run like they are currently having, and I can't express enough how much I appreciate this team, at this time.

Although different circumstances, I lost my mom to cancer at the end of August. I know what you're going through right now and it sucks. The bills being as good as they are has definitely lifted my spirits and helped to take my mind off things at times. Things get better with time 

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry to hear about all that you are going through.  It really seems like so many people are going through difficult times in their life in one way or another these days.  I've never seen anything like it before.  Although not the same kind of stuff as you are going through, I have had to deal with a lot of issues going on with my own family the last few years.  The Bills have been such a source of positive energy for me during this rough stretch in life.  If there was ever a time where I NEEDED a Bills team like this it's right now lol.  Hopefully they can keep this run going and give us something to be happy about and be a good distraction from the real life problems.

• Like (+1) 1

My Condolences.....my mom passed the day before (I was there at her bedside) Drew Bledsoe led the Bills past the Vikes in OT in 2002.....I was in Philly and the ONLY person in small bar that has the Bills game on......I was MASSIVELY MASSIVELY bummed but the Bills kept coming back.....looked like they were gonna win - I ordered up a shot of Patron to celebrate the win and DAMNED if the Vikes didn't come back and tie it up with almost no time to go.  Bills won in OT......I left that shot on the bar until the win....which I thot was happening in regulation.  Bar tender felt bad for me and poured me a double when I tearfully told him my story.....not at all ashamed of those tears....my Mom was my rock.

Again - my condolences....be strong.  Sux to lose yer moms!!!  Be Well and Go Bills....

• Like (+1) 1