Wentz appears to be on his way out of Philly - Healthy scratch today

Draconator

20 hours ago, FireChans said:

They save cap space by trading him next year.

I don't think that's right. 

Wentz active cap hit is 35mm in 2021 and dead cap (which will trigger if he's traded or cut) is 59mm. In 2022 those numbers go to 31mm active cap hit and 25mm dead cap. 

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Eagles are in the worst salary cap situation in NFL history. They're going to have to re-structure a lot of contracts to get under the cap. At least Wentz will be motivated to do so if he wants a chance to play next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Folks in Philly are livid about that... 

The Giants are more livid than anyone in Philly.  Even Eli Manning Tweeted against the Eagles & Saquon Barkley chimed in .  

Eli Manning

@EliManning

·

10h

This is why we don’t like the Eagles.

Quote Tweet

Saquon Barkley

@saquon

· 10h

Can someone make it make sense to me what’s going on....?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Writing off Jalen Hurts as a starting QB in NFL isn't really a stretch at this point.   He wasn't really projected as a starter as I recall .

he looked fine if you actually watched the game.  WFT has an excellent defense and he shredded them on the 2 TD drives.  He looked better than Tua did.  

17 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Giants are more livid than anyone in Philly.  Even Eli Manning Tweeted against the Eagles & Saquon Barkley chimed in .  

Eli Manning

@EliManning

·

10h

Quote Tweet

Saquon Barkley

@saquon

· 10h

Boo hoo.

The 6-10 Giants didn't get the help they needed to make the playoffs.  🙄

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I don't think that's right. 

Wentz active cap hit is 35mm in 2021 and dead cap (which will trigger if he's traded or cut) is 59mm. In 2022 those numbers go to 31mm active cap hit and 25mm dead cap. 

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Eagles are in the worst salary cap situation in NFL history. They're going to have to re-structure a lot of contracts to get under the cap. At least Wentz will be motivated to do so if he wants a chance to play next season. 

Yeah, they take a huge hit if they cut or trade him.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Eli Manning

@EliManning

·

10h

Quote Tweet

Saquon Barkley

@saquon

· 10h