49ers sign Josh Rosen

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You mean without Gase in the equation..... 

I agree though. Ideally a fresh start would be best for him.

Likely so, he would have a very minor chance with the jets, and that is only if they fire Gase and most of his staff. But if it is an owner driven problem, which I believe it is, he would be doomed with them as any QB would be in that organization. 

I think, Darnold being a multimillionaire would be wise to hold out and demand a trade imo, he has been screwed by Gase and the organization, there really is no hope for him if he stays with the Jets, he would have at least a 50/50 chance elsewhere, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Jokeman said:
22 hours ago, appoo said:

Question is do the Jets build around him or trade him and build around someone else. The cap shouldn't be an issue but not sure new management wants to stick with a guy like Darnold when they could start completely fresh

Well.. Darnold is going into the 4th year of his contract.. I think Justin Fields is a better prospect than Darnold was coming out.. Plus, Fields will be on the first year of his rookie contract.. And Fields is a lot better prospect.. Maybe the Jets can trade Darnold for a 2nd or 3rd? Convert those draft choices into OL/WR selections that can help Fields grow.. Regardless, 2021 will still be a very rough year for the Jets.. You don’t go from 1-15 to a playoff team overnight.. They’ll be lucky to break .500... Think you add a lot of weapons around Fields and you put a solid OL in front of him so he can develop and have some success.. Build that offense around your franchise QB... worry bout defense later...

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well.. Darnold is going into the 4th year of his contract.. I think Justin Fields is a better prospect than Darnold was coming out.. Plus, Fields will be on the first year of his rookie contract.. And Fields is a lot better prospect.. Maybe the Jets can trade Darnold for a 2nd or 3rd? Convert those draft choices into OL/WR selections that can help Fields grow.. Regardless, 2021 will still be a very rough year for the Jets.. You don’t go from 1-15 to a playoff team overnight.. They’ll be lucky to break .500... Think you add a lot of weapons around Fields and you put a solid OL in front of him so he can develop and have some success.. Build that offense around your franchise QB... worry bout defense later...

Doing those things requires a good owner who hires a good GM and HC, that in turn work together, and even then it will take two to four seasons to revamp the team, The Jets have bad ownership that regularly hires has beens and morons to be their GM & HC, I see no hope in the near future for the jets. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I know I'm making this one post longer but why is there a 6 page thread about some scrub, practice squad QB on the front page?

Schadenfreude

...especially during a week where Josh won his 4th offensive player of the week award and made the pro bowl.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Doing those things requires a good owner who hires a good GM and HC, that in turn work together, and even then it will take two to four seasons to revamp the team, The Jets have bad ownership that regularly hires has beens and morons to be their GM & HC, I see no hope in the near future for the jets. 

No doubt about it.. Even if they do everything the right way, it’ll be hard for the Jets to win the division.. Obviously the Bills look to be a potentially dominant force and the Dolphins seem to be on the right track.. I could easily see the Patriots end up drafting Trey Lance and signing Jimmy Goroppolo.. That’s a tough sell to any quality HC that they wish to acquire.. The AFC East is tough..

On 12/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, NickelCity said:

I remember begging the Bills to take Rosen (on the assumption that Darnold and Mayfield were gone). Lol, what an idiot I was.

I'm sorry JA iloveyousomuch 

I was with you.

Could you imagine if we took Rosen?  That would be a pass on Mahomes and Allen within 3 years.   

Shoot me.

On 12/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, NickelCity said:

I remember begging the Bills to take Rosen (on the assumption that Darnold and Mayfield were gone). Lol, what an idiot I was.

I'm sorry JA iloveyousomuch 

I was with you.

Could you imagine if we took Rosen?  That would be a pass on Mahomes and Allen within 3 years.   

Shoot me.

Also I wonder how much Elway is kicking himself for taking Chubb at 5 instead of #17

9 hours ago, Beast said:

I know I'm making this one post longer but why is there a 6 page thread about some scrub, practice squad QB on the front page?

Really? Its pretty obvious, It’s all about the right Josh / wrong Josh narrative / can’t teach accuracy / most pro ready of the class... etc etc, it’s about how so many were wrong, fans and pundits, it’s all about the story of the Buffalo Bills rise from obscurity to AFCE champions and playoff potential, come on Man, everyone knows this... 😁👍🍺 oh and Merry Christmas to you and yours 🎄🎁

Go Bills!!!