And on top of this...we get John Brown back...

Hebert19

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Given how well the O has played without him.  It's hard to state they will get better with him.  That's what I'm saying.

Do you recall how good we have been with him

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

nothing against him.  You’re not paying attention.   I’m saying I don’t see how Diggs becomes more productive than he is now when Brown gets back.

it isn’t. 

i didnt

Diggs doesn't become more productive.  That's really not the point. If diggs becomes less productive that means the offense is likely better.  They are less dependent on him.  Ps. The big play will come back too.  He will remove the ability for the zone to work. 

7 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, I don’t think he necessarily makes Josh better, or life easier for Beasley and Diggs. This offense is clicking perfectly right now. People making the argument it could be better are slightly misguided imo. However, I think saying that Brown coming back doesn’t improve the offense is missing a point that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

We are about to make a playoff run. This offense is likely to hit a rough spot at some point. It’s possible a team might figure out a way to stop Diggs and Beasley. If that happens in the playoffs we could be making an early exit. Brown adds another weapon who could allow the offense to continue functioning on all cylinders if Diggs and Beasley are shutdown. Having a dangerous third option on the field is huge if that were to happen. It could be the difference between a Super Bowl run and playoff loss. Gabe Davis is developing into a good player, but no defense is afraid of him. Brown is a deep threat who keeps teams honest.

Brown forces a decision that Davis doesn't.  Do we double him or him.  That makes an offense better.  The 3rd option always does.  Take kelce or sammy or hill away from KC.  Are they as good.  No. Why....because all 3 make a D make a decision.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Instead of asking who we want to face in the playoffs, we should ask what teams don't want to play us?

Great point. I have an old friend that just retired from active duty. He’s single, bought an RV, and is following the Colts around the entire season (every game, every city). He has a Colts tattoo over his heart. He told me once, I don’t have kids, I’m not married anymore, the Colts are my life. 

All that being said, after the Bills game yesterday, he says via text, “I don’t want to play Buffalo in round 1.” 

That was it. Teams and their fans are catching onto the Bills and noticing how dangerous they are. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

You know what Smoke being out has done?  It has made Josh a better QB.  That doesn’t mean when he returns the offense gets worse.

He has. Early on it was, the offense doesn’t click without Brown. Now, they’re just as good, if not better than earlier in the season (I’d say they’re more consistent throughout the entire game now vice earlier in the year...They don’t go quite in the middle of the game.) Really excited to see a healthy John Brown. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Do you recall how good we have been with him

Diggs doesn't become more productive.  That's really not the point. If diggs becomes less productive that means the offense is likely better.  They are less dependent on him.  Ps. The big play will come back too.  He will remove the ability for the zone to work. 

Brown forces a decision that Davis doesn't.  Do we double him or him.  That makes an offense better.  The 3rd option always does.  Take kelce or sammy or hill away from KC.  Are they as good.  No. Why....because all 3 make a D make a decision.  

Despite playing a lot of snaps, Brown had only 4 games with more than 5 targets.  Needless to say, Brown isn't the threat that either Kelce or Hill are.  Chiefs were obviously  fine without Sammy--that's a good Brown comparison, actually.  He's had a Brown type season.

No Davis isn't being used as a decoy.  He has the highest YPC  and TD total (6) on the team.    Despite only 1 more catch than Brown, he has 4 more 1st downs. Brown hasn't had a TD since week 2.  Putting all 4 of them out there doesn't mean Brown is going to be running fly routes all the time.  He was not before he went out.  

Davis is becoming a problem for opposing Defenses....

Edited by Mr. WEO

I think you'll actually see a package of 5 WRs when John Brown is back.  Not sure you'll see it until the playoffs, but I think the idea of Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis & McKenzie will be something Daboll might unleash......I also think you'll see a lot of 4 WR, 1 TE sets.

Estro, if they do that, expect lots of blitzes as they have no one to chip block.  That’s why most teams don’t even do many four WR sets.  We’ve made it work as our WR’s can be very physical.  I like Moss in there if for nothing else, but a very good block to give Allen just 1-2 more seconds to hit guys deep.  Going five wide means a short pass.