Even Josh Allen agrees we need a dome... :P

Camisado

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

While there is no way a stadium will be decided on, built, and ready to go in the next 3-4 years, I could definitely see it happening in the 5-7 year range....and IMO it will be a fixed roof dome downtown. 

Operation Warp Speed Bills Dome....less than 5 years....get er done Pegulas, Josh isn't getting any younger. 

21 hours ago, WideNine said:

This.

Also, I look at GB with its strong-armed QB and they play outdoors and I think it is an advantage, playing at Arrowhead does not seem to impede Mahomes putting up gaudy numbers...often when warm weather dome QBs and teams play in the elements they struggle so there is some home field advantages.

The only benefit is you can trick out a dome and host other events even in bad weather, a city is also able to try to host a Superbowl if you erect a dome that is attractive enough for such an event.

Obviously, there is a lot more to this and it starts going down the road of balancing investors with public investment, logistics, and how such an endeavor fits in an overall strategy of attracting businesses, favorable taxation policies, and revitalization efforts and those belong on another board.

There is no advantage it sucks for everone equally. Fans included.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I disagree. To put a roof on the current stadium would cost as much if not more, and all you end up with is an old stadium with a tent over it. Either stick with what you have or build new. There's no shortcut. 

Price tag today for a new domed stadium built to NFL specs, even on the cheap, is approaching one billion dollars. Covering the current stadium would be a fraction of the cost of building new. Furthermore, WNY simply can't afford a new domed stadium.  So if dome is the desired venue, I don't see an alternative to fabric over the current stadium.

I knew I loved Josh. I’ve had seasons tix and attended the 2 coldest games. Been to games in snowstorms since the ‘60s. Never doing it again and I hope a Dome is the decision Terry & Kim go with. Josh’s aerial attack is just one reason to seriously consider it and get with the current century. 

53 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Price tag today for a new domed stadium built to NFL specs, even on the cheap, is approaching one billion dollars. Covering the current stadium would be a fraction of the cost of building new. Furthermore, WNY simply can't afford a new domed stadium.  So if dome is the desired venue, I don't see an alternative to fabric over the current stadium.

Well neither of us know what it would cost or what we can afford. Stuff gets built all the time and people find the money. But I'm adamant, even if putting a roof on the present stadium is only half a billion dollars it's still money wasted because you still have a 50+ year old outdated stadium. Spending anything on Bills Stadium outside of upkeep is a waste. It needs to be replaced. Covid has pushed back the schedule, not eliminated the need.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well neither of us know what it would cost or what we can afford. Stuff gets built all the time and people find the money. But I'm adamant, even if putting a roof on the present stadium is only half a billion dollars it's still money wasted because you still have a 50+ year old outdated stadium. Spending anything on Bills Stadium outside of upkeep is a waste. It needs to be replaced. Covid has pushed back the schedule, not eliminated the need.

I disagree. The current stadium suits WNY to a tee. Perhaps a few more seats to increase revenue might be justified.. The economy in WNY doesn't have the corporate base to warrant luxury boxes and other exodic frills. However, if playing in an enclosed stadium is the desire, covering the existing stadium with fabric is the most economic solution.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:12 PM, RiotAct said:

I love the current setup, but ideally if they were gonna build a dome I would also hope it’s not downtown.  Having it where the rumors were saying (Canalside/Cobblestone district) would all but kill the tailgating scene I think.  Would be good for local businesses though at least .

Hamilton Bills has a nice ring to it!  Plus, low taxes in Canada.

low taxes in Canada ??? lol..............................😂😂

On 12/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, BigDingus said:

I was hoping someone else caught this. Our tam hasn't really exploited home field "advantage" in bad weather for quite a long time now. 

In poor conditions, it usually leads to an uglier, mistake filled game where the offense struggles. It seems to hurt just as much as help.

But now we have great players at the WR positions and a QB who can get the ball to them. We can really air it out, potentially for the next decade+

On top of that, we have some of the loudest and most passionate fans. An indoor stadium would boost that crowd noise even further. After hearing how loud it was in Reliant Stadium a couple years ago with plenty of empty seats, I could only imagine how loud a capacity crowd of Bills fans would be in our own dome.

well, if they build a RCA dome capacity size Covid inspired (52K ?) as has been advocated by some here, then home noise will take a big hit.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, gjv001 said:

Why not put a fabric Dome over the current stadium?

Bills looked into this in the 80's and it was deemed too expensive and possibly an engineering stretch risk due to open air stadiums much further laid back profile of the stadium.

13 hours ago, cba fan said:

Bills looked into this in the 80's and it was deemed too expensive and possibly an engineering stretch risk due to open air stadiums much further laid back profile of the stadium.

Dome technology has advanced since the 80s. If a domed stadium is the desired venue for the Bills, covering the existing stadium is probably the most feasible economic alternative. 

On 12/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, Camisado said:

Josh: "I got into a zone today. When it's spinning off your hand and you know what the ball's doing, what the tail's doing, that's kind of what I felt today," Allen said. "I understood where my guys were. Coach Daboll called a great game plan, our guys did a great job of executing, and yeah, in a dome type of setting with no wind and no cold, you know, when the ball's spinning off your hands, you feel like you have supreme control, and that's kind of what I felt tonight."

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30473744/cole-beasley-josh-allen-lead-first-place-buffalo-bills-rare-victory-monday-night-football

(Disclaimer: this is meant to be taken lightly, while I do think a dome stadium is enticing, I understand there are definitely cons to it as well)

He did not say he wanted a dome. He just said the ball felt good coming off his hand under the conditions.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:17 PM, Chandler#81 said:

I knew I loved Josh. I’ve had seasons tix and attended the 2 coldest games. Been to games in snowstorms since the ‘60s. Never doing it again and I hope a Dome is the decision Terry & Kim go with. Josh’s aerial attack is just one reason to seriously consider it and get with the current century. 

I disagree. The elements should be a part of the game as should tailgating. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Posters will slant anything to have it favor their opinion. Nothing new.

Yeah, sometimes reading comprehension is in short supply around here.