Jump to content

Channel 4 programming


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I could be incorrect, but I feel pretty confident the local affiliates just broadcast whatever game they're directed to broadcast.  Therefore putting Josh Reed or the local WIVB staff on "blast" is probably incorrect.

 

I don't think they have much choice in the matter - the network generates a broadcast map and It Is What It Is.

 

I beleive you're half right, CBS/Fox assign games to affiliates, however pretty sure the local station can ask for a different one.  If you go to 506 Sports you'll often see the game for a specific city changes in the "update" section.  I can recall a number of years back one of the local stations in Rochester use to allow people to vote on which early game they wanted on whichever network was not televising Bills game.  These days Wyoming will often televise Bills games because of Allen, but the surrounding area gets a different game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey great job   

I could be incorrect, but I feel pretty confident the local affiliates just broadcast whatever game they're directed to broadcast.  Therefore putting Josh Reed or the local WIVB staff on "blast" is pr

As far as accuracy goes, this thread is wide right...

2 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

You wonder if our local CBS affiliate (WIVB) has any inkling as to what WNY viewers prefer to watch. I refer to of course to todays genius decision as to which NFL game to broadcast locally. Would it be Miami v Denver ? Huge implications in that game for Bills fans. How about the much hated Pats v Houston, again a game with playoff implications for Bills? No no, the choice is to broadcast that fascinating matchup of Pittsburgh v Jaguars, one of the worst mismatches of all of today’s games. The stupidity here boggles the mind.

Where is the crack channel 4 sports team? Like sports “ director” Josh Reed. No say, no input, no advice as to what game would have the most appeal in WNY. Don’t even notice that your own network chose the worst possible game, or are u that oblivious? 

 

 

So wrong and so cringe-inducing. Thanks, I needed a laugh during a boring bye week.

 

also, you really can’t think of a single reason why Pittsburgh would be the chosen broadcast? Not one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

So wrong and so cringe-inducing. Thanks, I needed a laugh during a boring bye week.

 

also, you really can’t think of a single reason why Pittsburgh would be the chosen broadcast? Not one?


Clearly the Steelers are a national brand, but broadcasting the worst game on paper at 1 pm, to a bunch of areas that don’t care about it, isn’t ideal for most fans.  
 

It is what it is though.  That’s what Sunday Ticket is for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCBills said:


Clearly the Steelers are a national brand, but broadcasting the worst game on paper at 1 pm, to a bunch of areas that don’t care about it, isn’t ideal for most fans.  
 

It is what it is though.  That’s what Sunday Ticket is for. 


i live in buffalo and CBS is showing tenn/bal. but even if the Pitt game was the choice I would definitely watch. In addition to reason you gave, are they not an upcoming Bills opponent? Seems as valid reason as any for Bills fans to be interested.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:


i live in buffalo and CBS is showing tenn/bal. but even if the Pitt game was the choice I would definitely watch. In addition to reason you gave, are they not an upcoming Bills opponent? Seems as valid reason as any for Bills fans to be interested.


Literally could not care less about this game.  I have zero desire to watch Pittsburgh play the second worst team in the NFL.  
 

 

Edited by SCBills
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCBills said:


Literally could not care less about this game.  I have zero desire to watch Pittsburgh play the second worst team in the NFL.  
 

 

Good thing WIVB isn't showing that game then.

What a thread, smh.:wallbash:

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

Good thing WIVB isn't showing that game then.

What a thread, smh.:wallbash:


I don’t live in Buffalo.  I typically have access to Sunday Ticket w the fam always together on Sunday’s, but am out of town and stuck with this garbage game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beerball said:

I believe I remember our Albany contingent talking about the local station having a choice (jets/Bills).  I'm not sure whether that applies across the board, but at least "border" affiliates do seem to have a choice.

 

 

Edit, found this.  Locals to have the ability to request changes.  In today's case they were either to lazy to do so, or their request was denied by the network.

 

https://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/an-explanation-of-the-guidelines-for-nfl-tv-coverage

 

 

Or their request was granted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the snarky,  “know it all” responses about how Josh Reed / Sal Cappaccio really got over on  the OP,  I would invite you to read the article in Buffalo News today, posted on TBD as well, written by News media reporter Alan P. It completely contradicts every thing Josh Reed had to say. It’s says in fact that the local affiliate has plenty of input into what games are shown locally, and their request to change games from what the network originally scheduled “is usually granted”. This of course makes perfect sense since both the local affiliate AND the network always seek to maximize ratings. Makes perfect sense to many, except two Media guys, Reed and Cappaccio, who apparently don’t have a clue how the media works. In fact Cappaccio tweeted out that’s it’s the individual fan who should reach out and complain to the network. Apparently he is unaware that’s the job of a local affiliate, and in fact local affiliates do this all the time. Except apparently the Buffalo affiliate, since their sports “director” Reed is clueless 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

For all the snarky,  “know it all” responses about how Josh Reed / Sal Cappaccio really got over on  the OP,  I would invite you to read the article in Buffalo News today, posted on TBD as well, written by News media reporter Alan P. It completely contradicts every thing Josh Reed had to say. It’s says in fact that the local affiliate has plenty of input into what games are shown locally, and their request to change games from what the network originally scheduled “is usually granted”. This of course makes perfect sense since both the local affiliate AND the network always seek to maximize ratings. Makes perfect sense to many, except two Media guys, Reed and Cappaccio, who apparently don’t have a clue how the media works. In fact Cappaccio tweeted out that’s it’s the individual fan who should reach out and complain to the network. Apparently he is unaware that’s the job of a local affiliate, and in fact local affiliates do this all the time. Except apparently the Buffalo affiliate, since their sports “director” Reed is clueless 

And now you know...the rest of the story.

*
Paul Harvey..........GOOD DAY!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...