Zach Wilson is the best QB prospect in 2021 draft class

bills6969

He is super accurate too. I'm really interested to see where he goes.

He has the benefit of a really good, experienced oline that makes his job a lot easier. Plus the cake schedule due to COVID. But he makes all the throws.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

He is super accurate too. I'm really interested to see where he goes.

He has the benefit of a really good, experienced oline that makes his job a lot easier. Plus the cake schedule due to COVID. But he makes all the throws.

agreed on the cake schedule probably boosting his stats a bit.  If Bowl games happen,  BYU will likely make a NY6 game vs one of the big boys like UF or Wisconsin.  Will be interesting to see how he performs then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

He’s tearing it up tonight vs UCF in bowl game.  I think he Jets end up picking him at #2 which scares me as this kid could be the next Mahomes.

Not a shot at him but UCF defense has been garbage this year. No tackling and just awful, so take today with a grain of salt.

20 hours ago, bills6969 said:

He’s tearing it up tonight vs UCF in bowl game.  I think he Jets end up picking him at #2 which scares me as this kid could be the next Mahomes.

Honestly, the best QB after Lawrence might be Mac Jones. Yes, he has great weapons but he knows where to go with the ball and accurate with it.

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...

He's such a fun guy to watch. In terms of his play style and mannerisms, he reminds me a lot of OU Baker Mayfield. Not the most consistent of players in terms of his footwork but he improvises well enough to make plays out of nothing. Got a live arm, enough mobility to extend plays, some of his placement is obscenely good. Biggest sticking point for me is his movements in the pocket under pressure; might not be able to exit sideways much in the NFL, gotta climb the pocket better.

Ideally, he'd end up in a situation like Mahomes did. Hold him back for a while to get him a lot more regimented within a system, let him fix his feet. Maybe teach him to slide because NFL defenders hit a darn sight harder than the college guys do.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, Blokestradamus said:

He's such a fun guy to watch. In terms of his play style and mannerisms, he reminds me a lot of OU Baker Mayfield. Not the most consistent of players in terms of his footwork but he improvises well enough to make plays out of nothing. Got a live arm, enough mobility to extend plays, some of his placement is obscenely good. Biggest sticking point for me is his movements in the pocket under pressure; might not be able to exit sideways much in the NFL, gotta climb the pocket better.

Ideally, he'd end up in a situation like Mahomes did. Hold him back for a while to get him a lot more regimented within a system, let him fix his feet. Maybe teach him to slide because NFL defenders hit a darn sight harder than the college guys do.

I tried to start on the QBs at the weekend. I watched one game. I struggle with the kid. It is that stupid blue field. Makes me feel like I am watching football on Nickelodeon again. I can't concentrate on whether I think Wilson is any good. I just think "rip up that horrible blue stuff". 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I tried to start on the QBs at the weekend. I watched one game. I struggle with the kid. It is that stupid blue field. Makes me feel like I am watching football on Nickelodeon again. I can't concentrate on whether I think Wilson is any good. I just think "rip up that horrible blue stuff". 

I watched 11 of his games over the weekend. Suck it up, you wimp.

I can't get over the fact that he looks like a lanky 12 year old.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.