Just a thought on a weekly topic sticky

Comebackkid

This is directed at Hapless and Chandler for the most part. 

Maybe this has been brought up before and dismissed but it's something I've been thinking about for awhile. 

What would you guys think about a weekly pin based just on articles of the previous week's game.    That way members don't have to wade through 20 pages of post game threads or pollute the next game threads with article from previous week.   You can just hit that topic and quickly see all article others have posted.  Then after the game move on to the next week's sticky.    

Any way.... Just a thought

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

This is directed at Hapless and Chandler for the most part. 

Maybe this has been brought up before and dismissed but it's something I've been thinking about for awhile. 

What would you guys think about a weekly pin based just on articles of the previous week's game.    That way members don't have to wade through 20 pages of post game threads or pollute the next game threads with article from previous week.   You can just hit that topic and quickly see all article others have posted.  Then after the game move on to the next week's sticky.    

Any way.... Just a thought

Maybe I'm not understanding...how would this differ from the "News" page which has links to articles?

Is the issue that there's coverage the news page isn't collating?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe I'm not understanding...how would this differ from the "News" page which has links to articles?

Is the issue that there's coverage the news page isn't collating?

So looking at the news page which cough cough I haven't done before. It looks like it's a collection of all and any news regarding the bills and even stuff that isn't on Stadium wall even.

What I was thinking was just a sticky for each week of nothing but articles exclusively pertaining to the game that just happened. Kind of like a game-day sticky but would continue through the week until the next game.   Does that make any more sense? Plus it was just a thought

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm a little confused on this one myself.  I thought we already have that on the news page??  Or are you talking about something else?

See below😁

Just now, HOUSE said:

Maybe we can sticky every thread for the last 9 weeks

Spider Man Lol GIF

Hey now, I even posted a funny face on your last thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

I am only kidding, sounds like a good idea. It never hurts to try out new ideas.

Thanks, I figured for the most part everything that goes on is about the season. The Articles written after a game are specifically about that game though  So I just thought it'd be cool if you have one link where after the game and through the week you and go in and just read all the articles without having to search for them or dig for them and comment

7 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Thanks, I figured for the most part everything that goes on is about the season. The Articles written after a game are specifically about that game though  So I just thought it'd be cool if you have one link where after the game and through the week you and go in and just read all the articles without having to search for them or dig for them and comment

Makes sense to me..

• Like (+1) 1

To be fair, not everything does make it to the news page, an obvious example being gmfb segments, as shown above.

Pretty much every article that does get written, does, however, make it into this forum.

While I do think the idea has merit, the obvious downfall will be us, the users. People are so used to posting stuff they find in here, that getting them to change what they do, or expecting the mods to do it for them, is likely to be hard going.

I think it's worth a try, but not if it's going to make a bunch more work for the mods, as I'm sure they already have enough to do.

10 minutes ago, Buddo said:

To be fair, not everything does make it to the news page, an obvious example being gmfb segments, as shown above.

Pretty much every article that does get written, does, however, make it into this forum.

While I do think the idea has merit, the obvious downfall will be us, the users. People are so used to posting stuff they find in here, that getting them to change what they do, or expecting the mods to do it for them, is likely to be hard going.

I think it's worth a try, but not if it's going to make a bunch more work for the mods, as I'm sure they already have enough to do.

Yeah, that "more work for us" is kind of my thing .... when we've tried to have pinned threads where we ask people to (say) only post UDFA signings, or only post draft evaluations, and discuss elsewhere - it usually doesn't work out too well for us.

It's true that there are written articles from some sources that don't make it onto the News page.  For sure, a lot of media segments interviews and tweets that don't make it to the News page and can wind up buried on a long thread....you can find 90% of the tweets by searching for username "YOLO" lol

9 minutes ago, Buddo said:

That is a valid concern which I did think about. And I probably have less of an idea how hard that would be than you guys deal with it everyday. I guess it's just a question of if it's worth the extra effort and if people will comply. Like anything I imagine it does take a little while for people to get used to. doing it a certain way.   

1 minute ago, NI Bills Fan said:

I can see the benefit of it, although I can see posters finding it inconvenient to post opinion/reaction to a game in the post game thread, to then have to come out of that thread and into another one to post a cool article they saw.

That's true too, it just seemed like the post game thread is pretty much done that night for most part where most of the articles don't come out for a day or two

The Mods do more than enough, and wouldn’t want them to put even more work.  It’s not like they are doing this for profit.  They do it because they love our Bills.  If this is more work, my answer is no, and we self police and add things to existing threads not creating anew thread for everything.  If people are real Bills fans, they will click on it.  

The OP had a good idea, so nothing negative to him/her, but just considering everything has an opportunity cost, so I’d like to be soaring on what more we want from them.

sparing.  Have to love auto correct.

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Mods do more than enough, and wouldn’t want them to put even more work.  It’s not like they are doing this for profit.  They do it because they love our Bills.  If this is more work, my answer is no, and we self police and add things to existing threads not creating anew thread for everything.  If people are real Bills fans, they will click on it.  

The OP had a good idea, so nothing negative to him/her, but just considering everything has an opportunity cost, so I’d like to be soaring on what more we want from them.

sparing.  Have to love auto correct.

This is why I addressed it to the mods for the most part and said I was just throwing out an idea.   And yeah I hate auto correct