Josh Allen's Hard Count

Peace Frog

On 11/2/2020 at 5:19 AM, dave mcbride said:

Except they did snap at the end of the third yesterday and got a ten yard gain to the NE 5-yard line. NE thought they wouldn’t snap it and were caught off guard when the play began with one second left in the quarter.

RIght. And that made me happy.

On 11/2/2020 at 1:08 AM, Nextmanup said:

The hard count was EJ Manuel's special trick, remember?  Only it never worked.

Josh truly does have an effective hard count that seems to throw defenses off consistently.

I clearly remember EJ coming into a game specifically to do a hard count once and I believe he got them to jump...think it was a 4th down and short and they would have had to punt...

On 11/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, fasteddie said:

I just got the ACC network and I saw EJ as an In studio analyst. He almost sounded like he knew what he was talking about. How he could be so bad on the field is beyond me.

Coaches ruined him.  They told him not to take so many chances and he regressed.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/2/2020 at 1:08 AM, Nextmanup said:

The hard count was EJ Manuel's special trick, remember?  Only it never worked.

Josh truly does have an effective hard count that seems to throw defenses off consistently.

Peyton was the best at it, but Josh is pretty good :)

On 11/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, fasteddie said:

I just got the ACC network and I saw EJ as an In studio analyst. He almost sounded like he knew what he was talking about. How he could be so bad on the field is beyond me.

knowing and executing are totally different.  I remember watching him in TC, he literally threw a sideline pass into the VIP tent, no pressure, no reason, just completely whiffed.  He’s got a ton of physical potential, but he was absolutely horrrible.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, DCofNC said:

knowing and executing are totally different.  I remember watching him in TC, he literally threw a sideline pass into the VIP tent, no pressure, no reason, just completely whiffed.  He’s got a ton of physical potential, but he was absolutely horrrible.

You know something is bad when it's called horrible with three 'r's.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/2/2020 at 4:04 AM, Brennan Huff said:

That was so embarrassing for EJ. Rex would trot him out on 4th and short and everybody in the building knew what was going on. Never worked. Rex Ryan was such an awful coach

I actually remember it working a time or two. I think once it maybe even sealed a game?