Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Back2Buff

Ditch RPO, More Play-Action, Run to the Right

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Or perhaps those like you that are so positive and uplifting can lift up the others all on the same page?


Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean... there was a play that called for two fake screens only to go to a third screen.  Olines dont have time for that *****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to actually call a run play before the first half ends...

 

Like this last game they finally got Cole Beasley involved before the second half...which they didn't do the previous two games.

Cole the Jets game, 12 targets, 11 catches for 112 yards.

 

I realize that part of this is on Josh as he doesn't like going to the check down. But ya know if that's what the defense is giving you, you take it all day long.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

 

Be prepared to lose if you expect Josh to sit back there and throw the ball over 40 times.  This team needs to establish a run game.

 

Not if he keeps using the short passing game as an extension of the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we need to run the ball effectively and it will keep defenses honest.  I wont be surprised if the pats run stunts on the d line the whole game while dropping 7 into coverage  If there is not threat of the Bills handing the ball to the rb why not just go after Allen and be able to cover a ton of the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

 

 

I'm glad Josh is better at throwing the ball away in general. But I feel like he gives up on this play a little too soon. I wish he would've looked back to Singletary or took off. That is had Winters not been 10 yards downfield for the flag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TroutDog said:


Nope. 

Cant blame a man for suggesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Cant blame a man for suggesting. 

 

She told me otherwise........     🤷‍♂️

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

As the season has gone on, the Bills are being too shotgun oriented with too much RPO.  Josh has never been good at reading what to do in RPO.  He keeps the ball way too much, which is making it predictable.  Devin Singletary has 4 carries this year in RPO, Josh Allen has thrown the ball 29 times from RPO and has also ran a bunch.  Good chance if the defense just sticks to going after Allen, they will be correct, more time than not.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00/splits/2020/

 

I look at these splits, and it pretty clear that Allen is best throwing from play action, and his worst throwing stats come from throwing from RPO.  Play to your strengths.  I also think QB running from play action is more effective than running from RPO, because the LB will usually creep up when they see the QB turn his back, versus stay patient when they can see the QBs eyes.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02/splits/2020/

 

Over the last three games, pretty much all Singletary does is go left.  If you look at his next gen stats back to last year, he is much more effective when he is used all over the field.

 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/devin-singletary/SIN186919/season

 

I'm sure someone will say this is o line based, but if the o line is only allowing you to become so predictable, then you have to switch your line up.  I would put Nyseke in there with Feliciano. 

 

I don't know why this team isn't adapting, but Belichick will eat this team alive.  All he is going to do is overload the Bills left side to stop the run, and then put a safety to the right side, because Allen struggles a lot more throwing to the left than right.

 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/season/josh-allen/ALL529264/2020/all/qb-grid

 

I expect more from Daboll.

Yes I have been stating the same thing, stop with the rpo,  get josh under center more and figure how to run the ball and mix in play action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

As the season has gone on, the Bills are being too shotgun oriented with too much RPO.  Josh has never been good at reading what to do in RPO.  He keeps the ball way too much, which is making it predictable.  Devin Singletary has 4 carries this year in RPO, Josh Allen has thrown the ball 29 times from RPO and has also ran a bunch.  Good chance if the defense just sticks to going after Allen, they will be correct, more time than not.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00/splits/2020/

 

I look at these splits, and it pretty clear that Allen is best throwing from play action, and his worst throwing stats come from throwing from RPO.  Play to your strengths.  I also think QB running from play action is more effective than running from RPO, because the LB will usually creep up when they see the QB turn his back, versus stay patient when they can see the QBs eyes.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02/splits/2020/

 

Over the last three games, pretty much all Singletary does is go left.  If you look at his next gen stats back to last year, he is much more effective when he is used all over the field.

 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/devin-singletary/SIN186919/season

 

I'm sure someone will say this is o line based, but if the o line is only allowing you to become so predictable, then you have to switch your line up.  I would put Nyseke in there with Feliciano. 

 

I don't know why this team isn't adapting, but Belichick will eat this team alive.  All he is going to do is overload the Bills left side to stop the run, and then put a safety to the right side, because Allen struggles a lot more throwing to the left than right.

 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/season/josh-allen/ALL529264/2020/all/qb-grid

 

I expect more from Daboll.

This post caught my eye. After watching the all 22 of the KC game it seems that he gets space on the left side. i like the pull-ability of the right side with morse and Winters but it seems as though those designs stretch too far out and Singletary doesn't seem to have the speed to get to the edge. I dont know if Williams and Winters create the holes of the left side. Maybe this will change when Feliciano gets back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Motorin' said:

 

Not if he keeps using the short passing game as an extension of the run. 

 

Patriots will eat you up if you do that.  Their weakness is the d line.  You need to run right at them, right down the middle.  They then bring the LB in and you run to the outside.  Den and SF both did this with great success.

 

Why are people so against running the ball?  People wanting Allen to put up large stats just so they can say he is a top QB are not looking out for the best interest of overall team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

 

Patriots will eat you up if you do that.  Their weakness is the d line.  You need to run right at them, right down the middle.  They then bring the LB in and you run to the outside.  Den and SF both did this with great success.

 

Why are people so against running the ball?  People wanting Allen to put up large stats just so they can say he is a top QB are not looking out for the best interest of overall team.

 

I'm not against running the ball at all. We just have not been very good at it this year. I guess I don't really believe in Moss' ability to be that downhill runner, though I had very high hopes, and as much as I appreciate Motor's game (obviously) I think he's most effective in a change of pace roll, or with a zone blocking scheme that allows him to be patient and pick his hole. I think our OLINE is a bit lumbering, and lacking nastiness at the point of contact. I wish we could be at least as effective running the ball as throwing it. 

 

IMO, if you want a game plan designed to run the ball down the Pats throat, the Bills should probably dress their fastest back, who also happens to be 225 lbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally want to see allen under center more.   He is very effective and our running game is better as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...