Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep I think (i might be off a day or two) the window for reactivation is 27th of October.  Yep Clock started on 7th.  So that means by the 27th he needs to be activated (day 1 being 7th)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-guard-feliciano-returns-to-practice-wallace-to-ir-white-roberts-ford-do-not-practice/article_7a5b00f2-08ba-11eb-b421-ff1e040799a0.html

Now if it doesnt happen I dont know the next steps, does he have to go back to IR for 3 weeks minimum.

The 21 day rule remains the same as a normal season... if they are not activated in 21 days then the player is ineligible to return the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for the link.  As to what happens, I don't know for sure.  I've never remembering that happening before.

Going back for 3 weeks or IR'd for the rest of the season?

I'll try to look that up but it seems almost sure he is activated.

Someone has to get cut too.  Seems it would be a DL.

Well I know there is no Season long IR this year.  So I think best guess is if they dont activate he is on the shelf at least for another 3 weeks I think.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

The 21 day rule remains the same as a normal season... if they are not activated in 21 days then the player is ineligible to return the rest of the season.

Is there confirmation on that?  Because there is NO season long IR this year, Everyone can return from IR this year

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well I know there is no Season long IR this year.  So I think best guess is if they dont activate he is on the shelf at least for another 3 weeks I think.

Is there confirmation on that?  Because there is NO season long IR this year, Everyone can return from IR this year

The only changes they made were shortening IR to 3 weeks and unlimited number of players can return.

Injured reserve

COVID-19 rule: In 2020, a player going on injured reserve is allowed to return after missing only three weeks, and teams may return an unlimited number of players from injured reserve throughout the year. In a normal year, a player can't return from injured reserve unless he has missed at least six weeks' worth of practice and eight weeks' worth of games, and teams are limited to two players per year that they can return from injured reserve.

This year, a player on injured reserve can return to practice after three weeks. Once a team activates a player from injured reserve, it has 21 days to return him to the active roster. Reserve/COVID-19 is separate than injured reserve. Players on that list may return whenever they clear the testing protocol.

Thats it.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Last season Scott would be correct.  Ineligible for the rest of the season (that's what I thought).

Everything I just read says that but nothing about the changes to this Covid season so..................?

EDIT:  Scott has the answer.

Edited by ColoradoBills

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The only changes they made were shortening IR to 3 weeks and unlimited number of players can return.

Thats it.

Yes and says has unlimited returns.  There is nothing in there that says after the 21 days they are don for the season.  I think what that does say is after the 21 days they go back on IR, meaning the 3 week clock starts again.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Although I do see how one can say it might just be 3 more weeks.  You are correct that it is unclarified.  Its because its unclarified I would assume it hasnt changed.

Understand your stance, but I also think the Unchanged language to me just reverts them back to IR.  So with a No Season Ending IR, I think the 3 week clock starts again.  Because actually really easy to get around.  Put him back on IR for a Shoulder, boom different designation now 3 weeks.  I have asked many of the reporters and to date no-one has really been able to clarify, I think because it hasnt happened yet is all.

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes and says has unlimited returns.  There is nothing in there that says after the 21 days they are don for the season.  I think what that does say is after the 21 days they go back on IR, meaning the 3 week clock starts again.

I would say thats possible.  I certainly can't argue that its not.  Who knows with the NFL and their shallow grey area writing on everything.

Someone call into WGR when Chris Brown is on and ask lol.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I would say thats possible.  I certainly can't argue that its not.  Who knows with the NFL and their shallow grey area writing on everything.

Someone call into WGR when Chris Brown is on and ask lol.

I have asked Chris, Sal, Ian, Schefter and to date no one has clarified it for me lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going with he's activated Saturday and someone gets cut.

The alternative is just too much right now!

I think that is what happens as well.  Activate him and Lacey is Cut (If Milano is healthy) and Lacey back to the PS

Other Options include Knox or Ford to IR (Depending on injury severity at the end of the week)

Even Brown to IR (he needs to get healthy) but I doubt they do that

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just let Brown Sit for this week.  Need him to get healthy.  Also think look at sitting Tre as well (he also needs to get healthy).  I think we should be able to handle the Jets either way

Edited by MAJBobby

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's up with Levi Wallace?  When did he go on IR, and when is he eligible to come off?

Prayers for Tre' Day and Norman.....

? what's up with Kroft?  I saw him on IR as "not injury"

Levi is eligible to return week 8. 

kroft’s wife posted that she was due the week of the titans game so my guess is she finally had the baby and he missed practice 

Edited by YoloinOhio