Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Mine is working fine. Isn’t yours? 

I recall social media outlets shutting down the free flow of information regarding Hunter Biden’s laptop. Do you recall? If not, it was right around the time of the last presidential election. Now in a shocking turn of events, the NYT of all organizations has declared the story legit!! Go figure. 

Your comment above was “tyrants hate the free flow of information” yet now you declare your preferred social media outlets as “working fine”.  Can you dumb things down for me and help me square all this? Much appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I recall social media outlets shutting down the free flow of information regarding Hunter Biden’s laptop. Do you recall? If not, it was right around the time of the last presidential election. Now in a shocking turn of events, the NYT of all organizations has declared the story legit!! Go figure. 

Your comment above was “tyrants hate the free flow of information” yet now you declare your preferred social media outlets as “working fine”.  Can you dumb things down for me and help me square all this? Much appreciated. 

You know more misinformation about that lap top than Russians know about the truth of the war in Ukrainian. 

So what are you complaint about? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You know more misinformation about that lap top than Russians know about the truth of the war in Ukrainian. 

So what are you complaint about? 

I never should have asked you to dumb it down. That’s on me. Carry on. 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BLM tweets are working 

What exactly is working here?  

I assumed from the post that there would be a backstory of police targeting this young man, up to and including a physical altercation leading to his death.  

What I discovered is on the day this poor kid died, there was an altercation at the fair with nearly 100 young people at the fair.  People were ejected, including this young man.  

The police removed him from the grounds and dropped him off a couple miles away.  As kids tend to do, he opted to return to the fair, worked his way back to that area, attempted to cross a major expressway and was struck and killed by a vehicle.  

One allegation of wrongdoing is that his parents weren’t contacted and he was not taken back home.  I had a few dopey moments when I was a kid where I was thrilled to get that treatment.  

Is it that the police were involved at all?  Is bringing to light the fact that the police even bothered with a scrum the problem?  

This is a tragic story to be sure, and I can see anger and frustration that they dropped him off and that was part of a series of events on the day he died.  

What am I missing that you are seeing? 

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What exactly is working here?  

I assumed from the post that there would be a backstory of police targeting this young man, up to and including a physical altercation leading to his death.  

What I discovered is on the day this poor kid died, there was an altercation at the fair with nearly 100 young people at the fair.  People were ejected, including this young man.  

The police removed him from the grounds and dropped him off a couple miles away.  As kids tend to do, he opted to return to the fair, worked his way back to that area, attempted to cross a major expressway and was struck and killed by a vehicle.  

One allegation of wrongdoing is that his parents weren’t contacted and he was not taken back home.  I had a few dopey moments when I was a kid where I was thrilled to get that treatment.  

Is it that the police were involved at all?  Is bringing to light the fact that the police even bothered with a scrum the problem?  

This is a tragic story to be sure, and I can see anger and frustration that they dropped him off and that was part of a series of events on the day he died.  

What am I missing that you are seeing? 

Just showing the BLM twitter feed has not been shutdown 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, Tiberius said:

Putin shut down facebook and twitter. Tyrants hate the free flow of information 

Well said, Tibs...I totally agree...No government should be allowed to suppress information from people, on social platforms, no matter how much they disagree with it...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

But I'm told the fight for freedom and democracy is happening in Ukraine!  

Twitter Locks Out Babylon Bee Over Rachel Levine Tweet; The Bee Responds: ‘Truth Is Not Hate Speech’

Twitter’s action came over The Babylon Bee’s piece from five days ago, jokingly naming Health and Human Services (HHS) Assistant Secretary Rachel Levine as “Man of the Year.”

Levine, a biological man, is best known for coming out as a transgender female before being appointed by President Joe Biden to the role of assistant secretary for the HHS. Recently, Levine was named one of USA Today’s “Women of the Year.”

On Saturday, The Daily Wire reported that Twitter took action against a tweet from Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who, like The Babylon Bee, referred to Levine as a man. On Thursday, Paxton posted a screenshot of the USA Today article naming Levine as one of its “Women of the Year” and commented, “Rachel Levine is a man.” Twitter flagged the tweet as being hateful, but allowed it to remain, stating, “This tweet violated the Twitter Rules about hateful conduct. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the tweet to remain accessible.”

Paxton followed Twitter’s flagging by releasing a statement on Big Tech censorship Friday. He wrote:

"Yesterday I stated an irrefutable scientific fact: Rachel Levine is a man. I pointed this out after USA Today named him a “Woman” of the Year. But Levine is not a woman. He has one X and one Y chromosome and other male-sex characteristics. I just follow the science.

For simply saying this matter-of-factly, Twitter blocked it as “hateful.” Users can now only access my statement through a trigger-warning filter. And even then, users can neither like it nor comment on it. At the same time, hundreds of other verified accounts saying the exact same thing remain untouched and unfiltered.

This whole insane episode represents a two-pronged attack from the left — both of which I’m vigorously fighting against. First is the left’s war against human biology, and especially against women. Second is their weaponization of Big Tech against conservative voices.

But Big Tech is not only anti-conservative and anti-Republican. It is now apparently anti-truth and anti-science. I will continue to use all my power to hold them accountable. Even now, I’m exploring legal options to stop their one-sided censorship."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/twitter-locks-out-babylon-bee-over-rachel-levine-tweet-the-bee-responds-truth-is-not-hate-speech

First order of business for President DeSantis and his super majorities in Congress is to figure out what emergency powers can shut down all Social Media.   

Misinformation.  Corruption.  Election engineering.

No that's not Russia.  That's Silicon Valley.  

• Like (+1) 1