Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s really messed up and they should go after that guy. 

I don’t see what lawsuit he could file against Sweeney that would have a chance at success though. As I said, you can just follow the plane on one of the many tracker apps out there. Banning tracker accounts from Twitter won’t stop people from following celebrity planes if they want to. 

Yes I don't see what a lawsuit will accomplish and I think he knows it won't do anything but he's probably just upset and doing whatever is in his power legally to stop this from happening again 

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes I don't see what a lawsuit will accomplish and I think he knows it won't do anything but he's probably just upset and doing whatever is in his power legally to stop this from happening again 

I totally understand that. But maybe it’s actually a good case that these kinds of decisions shouldn’t be up to just one person. 

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s really messed up and they should go after that guy. 

I don’t see what lawsuit he could file against Sweeney that would have a chance at success though. As I said, you can just follow the plane on one of the many tracker apps out there. Banning tracker accounts from Twitter won’t stop people from following celebrity planes if they want to. 

It will make him have to hire a lawyer and spend loads of cash.

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

It will make him have to hire a lawyer and spend loads of cash.

Right. I’m not a big fan of rich people using lawyers and frivolous lawsuits to punish people by making them have to spend money to defend themselves against baseless claims. 

I’m not sure where the ElonJet guy lived but hopefully wherever it is, there are strong anti-SLAPP laws. 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Right. I’m not a big fan of rich people using lawyers and frivolous lawsuits to punish people by making them have to spend money to defend themselves against baseless claims. 

I’m not sure where the ElonJet guy lived but hopefully wherever it is, there are strong anti-SLAPP laws. 

I agree with you on this one, but people can get salty when they feel their children are at risk.  Often best to avoid tangling with crazy people, crazy lawyers, and the super-rich.

57 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Huh? Not even when they’re being stalked? What defensive strategy would you like “rich people” to use?

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? Not even when they’re being stalked? What defensive strategy would you like “rich people” to use?

He's not talking about suing the person who did the stalking.  This is a very slippery slope.  This is like people wanting to sue gun manufacturers.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

He's not talking about suing the person who did the stalking.  This is a very slippery slope.  This is like people wanting to sue gun manufacturers.  

Regardless of who they’re suing…what other defense does someone have? Isn’t that how our system is actually designed to work? Or do we go back to pistols at dawn.? 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Regardless of who they’re suing…what other defense does someone have? Isn’t that how our system is actually designed to work? Or do we go back to pistols at dawn.? 

Stalking is not a civil matter.  The defense the person has is to file criminal charges against the stalker not civil charges against someone who posted a tweet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Stalking is not a civil matter.  The defense the person has is to file criminal charges against the stalker not civil charges against someone who posted a tweet. 

Then the suit would be thrown out? And the system would work…no? Maybe it just forces the hand of the stalker to knock it off! I have no problem with it. “Rich people” should not be fair game. Is there a trend where rich people are suing people for no apparent reason whatsoever? 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree with you on this one, but people can get salty when they feel their children are at risk.  Often best to avoid tangling with crazy people, crazy lawyers, and the super-rich.

Agreed. But maybe this is a good reason that best practices would be that content moderation policies shouldn’t be decided at the whim of a single individual. 

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Going after the stalker is good.

Going after the creator of ElonJets because of the stalker is frivolous. The lawsuit would have no merit, no chance at success, and no purpose other than to harass a private citizen for something they didn’t do. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

And just like that the story shifts from the bombshell twitter files to Elon Musk and tracking his private jet.

Amazing how that works.

He's a target now. He's literally the only dissenting voice in power. I wonder if he will be cautious about releasing anything further in the Twitter Files now that he's seeing real life consequences 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Agreed. But maybe this is a good reason that best practices would be that content moderation policies shouldn’t be decided at the whim of a single individual. 

We can put it on the list of all the “Things we wish weren’t so but sadly are” from Twitter today and Twitter Past.   

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Going after the stalker is good.

Going after the creator of ElonJets because of the stalker is frivolous. The lawsuit would have no merit, no chance at success, and no purpose other than to harass a private citizen for something they didn’t do.