Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

New Twitter blocking an account that widely shares the flight tracker whereabouts of the new owner of Twitter? Bad.

Old Twitter censoring a true and verifiable story on a Twitter account owned by one of the oldest newspapers in the nation about the son of a US presidential candidate and his shady international business dealings that were allegedly benefitting his candidate father? Well, that's a nothing burger.

Old Twitter now shown to have deplatformed a sitting US President, despite internal Twitter communications now showing that the former President didn't violate the rules and they booted him anyway? Again, nothing burger.

It's going to be awesome to read all the "nothing burgers" the commies tell us are in the covid Twitter files.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

New Twitter blocking an account that widely shares the flight tracker whereabouts of the new owner of Twitter? Bad.

Old Twitter censoring a true and verifiable story on a Twitter account owned by one of the oldest newspapers in the nation about the son of a US presidential candidate and his shady international business dealings that were allegedly benefitting his candidate father? Well, that's a nothing burger.

Old Twitter now shown to have deplatformed a sitting US President, despite internal Twitter communications now showing that the former President didn't violate the rules and they booted him anyway? Again, nothing burger.

It's going to be awesome to read all the "nothing burgers" the commies tell us are in the covid Twitter files.

POTUS should never have incited an insurrection.

771 days since the 2020 Presidential election and the cult is still looking for a scapegoat.

Cry harder

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Why is Elon special?

Because, like Trump, he makes your head explode.  All hail Elon!!  :worthy:

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

POTUS should never have incited an insurrection.

771 days since the 2020 Presidential election and the cult is still looking for a scapegoat.

Cry harder

771 days (you ***** counted??) since the 2020 election, and Orange man is still ***** with your brain.   😂

Apparently the shut down of the plane tracking accounts is due to a new content moderation policy:

Private information and media policy

Most of it is pretty standard anti-doxxing stuff but the big change seems to be banning real time location tracking, even if it is readily available public information. 

I think most would agree that real time tracking of individuals on the street or in their cars would be bad. But I’m not convinced that plane tracking (or boat tracking in the case of Yacht Watch) is particularly dangerous to an individual. 

The plane lands at an airport behind the security checkpoints and then the individual will get in a car and leave. Unless there are a lot of stinger missiles in the hands of private citizens out there, I’m not sure what the danger is.

Not to mention the fact that there are publicly available resources to do this anyway. People can just use an app for it (I like to use one to track flights into O’Hare for fun). 

Edited by ChiGoose

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

And now ignoring that it has been shown that it was done in partnership with government agencies.

And the Trump White House was totally integrated with Fox News and the right wing media machine…..So what are we talking about again?

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Apparently the shut down of the plane tracking accounts is due to a new content moderation policy:

Private information and media policy

Most of it is pretty standard anti-doxxing stuff but the big change seems to be banning real time location tracking, even if it is readily available public information. 

I think most would agree that real time tracking of individuals on the street or in their cars would be bad. But I’m not convinced that plane tracking (or boat tracking in the case of Yacht Watch) is particularly dangerous to an individual. 

The plane lands at an airport behind the security checkpoints and then the individual will get in a car and leave. Unless there are a lot of stinger missiles in the hands of private citizens out there, I’m not sure what the danger is.

Not to mention the fact that there are publicly available resources to do this anyway. People can just use an app for it (I like to use one to track flights into O’Hare for fun). 

Who cares?  If it’s not dangerous, does it matter one way or the other?  

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Who cares?  If it’s not dangerous, does it matter one way or the other?  

I mean, we’re talking about a social media site, so not sure too much actually matters. 

But yeah, if there’s really no danger, why ban it?

Also, it looks like the ElonJet account is back up, so no idea what’s going on. It clearly violates the new policy. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I mean, we’re talking about a social media site, so not sure too much actually matters. 

Also, it looks like the ElonJet account is back up, so no idea what’s going on. It clearly violates the new policy. 

And you guys wonder why I don't use Twitter.  It was ***** up then and it's ***** up now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

It's not up. He banned all real time tracking bot accounts. Someone tracked his plane last night thinking it was him and followed his private car from the airport and it was actually his 2 year old in the car not him. The crazy person blocked the car and jumped on the hood apparently.

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not up. He banned all real time tracking bot accounts. Someone tracked his plane last night thinking it was him and followed his private car from the airport and it was actually his 2 year old in the car not him. The crazy person blocked the car and jumped on the hood apparently.

That’s really messed up and they should go after that guy. 

I don’t see what lawsuit he could file against Sweeney that would have a chance at success though. As I said, you can just follow the plane on one of the many tracker apps out there. Banning tracker accounts from Twitter won’t stop people from following celebrity planes if they want to.