Probable timeline of a Biden exit if elected?

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The last thing we need is a smug elitist left coater as POTUS.  That alone should get the vote out.  

But to answer your question I'm thinking 4 years.  

Assuming that he lives that long and stays in office I would expect him to be seldom seen after the first 6 months of his Presidency.  I think that this is a very fair question to ask meriting its own thread.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I read an article a few weeks ago that conservatives should hope it happens quickly since it will splinter the Dems and force Biden to go into politician mode aka save your own butt mode- and become more reasonable 

Are there enough moderate Democrats to force a splinter?  I know that the hard leftists get most of the media coverage but there just does not seem to be a sizable core of moderates..

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm putting the over/under at 8 months.  This would provide the time desired for the DNC overlords to make the election look legit to the party lemmings.  It also allows key conferences such as G8 to be put off within reason so as not to expose Biden's health problems.

Under easy.

President Harris will be sworn in by April.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is one of the silliest memes of the campaign -- the idea that Biden is in such mental decline that he is a mere stalking horse for Kamala. He's pretty much put the severe mental decline thing to rest with a perfectly fine (for current standards!) debate performance and other appearances. The assumption should be that he'll serve a full term. I don't see any reason to believe he'd walk away before then.

The real question that Trump supporters should be focusing on is this: can he really be planning to win and run for a second term? A second term that would begin when he's 81 years old? And end when he's 85? Surely he's considered this. Surely he talked to Kamala (and other VP candidates) before making his decision. What is the plan? If there isn't one, shouldn't there be one?

That's a fair and sensible question. Usually when we vote for a non-incumbent we are expecting an 8-year tenure for him/her. Those expectations shouldn't apply this cycle.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is one of the silliest memes of the campaign -- the idea that Biden is in such mental decline that he is a mere stalking horse for Kamala. He's pretty much put the severe mental decline thing to rest with a perfectly fine (for current standards!) debate performance and other appearances. The assumption should be that he'll serve a full term. I don't see any reason to believe he'd walk away before then.

The real question that Trump supporters should be focusing on is this: can he really be planning to win and run for a second term? A second term that would begin when he's 81 years old? And end when he's 85? Surely he's considered this. Surely he talked to Kamala (and other VP candidates) before making his decision. What is the plan? If there isn't one, shouldn't there be one?

That's a fair and sensible question. Usually when we vote for a non-incumbent we are expecting an 8-year tenure for him/her. Those expectations shouldn't apply this cycle.

You thought he looked fine? Well,he was either talking to himself or he was answering questions being feed somehow by his staff. He looked old and confused to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

You thought he looked fine? Well,he was either talking to himself or he was answering questions being feed somehow by his staff. He looked old and confused to me.

I thought he looked and sounded old. Not confused, but old and well past his sell-by date. But I think the same thing about Trump too.

Look, the moderator gave both of them an opportunity to discuss these issues. Pence avoided the question with respect to Trump, which allowed Harris to avoid the question with respect to Biden. Here's the question and the beginnings of the Pence non-answer -- a missed opportunity for him to turn it back on Harris:

14:21 PAGE

Vice President Pence, there have been a lot of repercussions from this pandemic. In recent days, the president's diagnosis of COVID-19 has underscored the importance of the job that you hold, and that you are seeking. That's our second topic tonight, it's the role of the vice president. One of you will make history on January 20, you will be the vice president to the oldest president the United States has ever had. Donald Trump will be 74-years-old on Inauguration Day. Joe Biden will be 78-years-old. That already has raised concerns among some voters, concerns that have been sharpened by President Trump's hospitalization in recent days. Vice President Pence, have you had a conversation or reached an agreement with President Trump about safeguards or procedures when it comes to the issue of presidential disability? And if not, do you think you should? You have two minutes without interruption.

15:17 PENCE

Well, Susan, thank you. Although I would like to go back –

15:20 PAGE

We should move on to the issue of the vice presidency –

15:22 PENCE

Well, thank you but, I would like to go back. Because the reality is that we're going to have a vaccine, Senator, in record time, in unheard of time, in less than a year.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm putting the over/under at 8 months.  This would provide the time desired for the DNC overlords to make the election look legit to the party lemmings.  It also allows key conferences such as G8 to be put off within reason so as not to expose Biden's health problems.

...depends how fast "West Wing Comfort Care" can be remodeled......and Nancy can get her 25th Amendment invocation passed.....and Kamala the Thrillah readied....the Old Bat surreptitiously tipped her intended hat.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why have they been putting a lid on the campaign so early so many days? 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why have they been putting a lid on the campaign so early so many days? 

It is so contrary to a typical candidate for President and the corresponding campaign.  The kind of ego that goes along with such a candidate demands a steady stream of public appearances and speeches.  What Biden is doing is extremely atypical.

48 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is a silly premise.  There is no one track for the decline of a human being.  I've seen people go into their decline during their 50's.  What is the family history?  What are the dietary practices?  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Four years without extreme measures such as pretty much staying out of public view is wishful thinking.  

Looks like he will be president and he will carry out the duties of the office.  He was just in Erie campaigning.  He is showing leadership by wearing masks and distancing and not have potential spreader events.  And when your opponent is self-immolating you let him do so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2