Probable timeline of a Biden exit if elected?

58 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

IF Biden wins I fully expect him to serve a full term.

But then what? If he decides not to run again at 81, do we really think the seas will part for Kamala?

Watch out for the Cabinet appointments. Kamala will be working hard behind the scenes to stop scenarios like this one.

It's been long known that Kamala has a propensity for working behind the scenes and is accomplished at parting things for political advancement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Telling the President to shut up and calling him a clown are examples of Biden acting like a POTUS should?

Face it, Biden has been "losing it" for quite some time. We all know that he has a habit of sniffing people's hair. Now that may not sound like a fetish that seems all that bad but the consequences of doing so are serious. It's not good to snort hairspray. If a person does it too many times it tends to cause a permanent condition commonly known as "Brain Cloud". In addition, young girls who probably don't use hairspray often use Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo. (out of habit more than anything else) Sniffing this particular brand of baby shampoo causes a propensity to act very strange. A person might just out of the blue cop a feel of an old sheriff's leg or break out in song. Do we really need to have a POTUS act like he has Tourette's Syndrome while attending an international conference? 

Joe-Biden-wandering-hand.jpg

Well played.

At least they kept him physically distanced from Trump. I hear that sniffing too much of that Bronx Colors fake tan crap can leave you susceptible to COVID-19.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well played.

At least they kept him physically distanced from Trump. I hear that sniffing too much of that Bronx Colors fake tan crap can leave you susceptible to COVID-19.

That Covid-19 is a piece of cake for a healthy and strong person. In fact I know of a 74 year old guy who was diagnosed with it on a Friday and felt like running a marathon on Monday. But yes, I'd keep Joey Hairy Legs away from any circumstances that might cause him to catch it, or commit to anything like his intentions to fundamentally change the way our government works. 

4i8ez9.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Whistling in the dark?

Not at all.

I'm not really allowed to make new "prognostications" for a couple more months per a bet I'm honoring (my bet with the now ousted DR that Biden would win this election pre-dated that bet), otherwise I would offer you the opportunity to make a friendly little wager.

Joe Biden has been running for President for the last 3 decades and you guys realistically think he's going to willingly concede his Presidency to someone else?

That's just bat-***** crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Joe Biden has been running for President for the last 3 decades and you guys realistically think he's going to willingly concede his Presidency to someone else?

No one said willingly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No one said willingly.

The OP essentially did in his response to my post.

He didn't correct himself in any way when I said he (and anyone) is nuts if they think Biden is giving up the Presidency willingly, to which the OP replied "whistling in the dark."

He obviously believes Biden is going to willingly concede power and said so to me with that interaction.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 10/11/2020 at 2:54 PM, oldmanfan said:

Looks like he will be president and he will carry out the duties of the office.  He was just in Erie campaigning.  He is showing leadership by wearing masks and distancing and not have potential spreader events.  And when your opponent is self-immolating you let him do so.

I don't really consider campaign strategy leadership but it's effective in drawing the contrast between him and Trump.  It plays well with senior citizens who are most reliable voting block.

As far as the question, if Biden is elected I expect him to serve one term and not seek reelection due to health concerns.  We might have the first ever women vs. women presidential race with Harris and Haley in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:36 AM, Doc Brown said:

I don't really consider campaign strategy leadership but it's effective in drawing the contrast between him and Trump.  It plays well with senior citizens who are most reliable voting block.

As far as the question, if Biden is elected I expect him to serve one term and not seek reelection due to health concerns.  We might have the first ever women vs. women presidential race with Harris and Haley in 2024.

I can't imagine Harris getting the nomination. Haley might.

Found these odds on 2024: https://sports.coral.co.uk/event/politics/politics-international/us-elections/2024-us-presidential-election/13970376/main-markets

For Republicans: Kanye, Dan Crenshaw, Haley. Rest are eh.

For Dems: a ton of blah

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

It's fun watching Trump supporters coming to the realization that Trump might lose and forced to go off on tangents like this.

Yes.  This thread will be great for a club.  It has zero substance, but we can all feel cute by making stupid predictions.  

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I can't imagine Harris getting the nomination. Haley might.

Found these odds on 2024: https://sports.coral.co.uk/event/politics/politics-international/us-elections/2024-us-presidential-election/13970376/main-markets

For Republicans: Kanye, Dan Crenshaw, Haley. Rest are eh.

For Dems: a ton of blah

The only value I see in any of those lines might be Cuban at 100/1.  If Americans want a business man in office who doesn't have Trump's massive bagage he'd be my choice.  Haley reminds me of an '04 Obama though and that's where my money would go.  

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The only value I see in any of those lines might be Cuban at 100/1.  If Americans want a business man in office who doesn't have Trump's massive bagage he'd be my choice.  Haley reminds me of an '04 Obama though and that's where my money would go.  

Haley didn't have the convention speech 04 Obama did. Even my Republican friends were like whoa after Obama's 04 speech.

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Haley didn't have the convention speech 04 Obama did. Even my Republican friends were like whoa after Obama's 04 speech.

True.  I was impressed with her SOTU response in 2016 and she was one of the few who were able to escape the Trump administration unscathed.  

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True.  I was impressed with her SOTU response in 2016 and she was one of the few who were able to escape the Trump administration unscathed.  

SOTU was really good. I don't think it's the best political platform to jump out of. In football context, the convention is Monday night football with all eyes on you. SOTU response from the majority party is like an 8 am Sunday London game.

I think the election will highly favor the Dems this year. If it does, does that signal a strict refusal of Trump-ian politics? Maybe. If GA and TX are even close, I think the Republican establishment will distance itself as far from Trump as possible. Who does that leave for 2024? Romney? I think Romney has set himself up great as a post-Trump Republican. Ted Cruz? Maybe.

As a personal aside... My wife used to work at a republican restaurant that was a little costly. During Obama era when there was a shut down, Cruz led most of the people away from that restaurant to a cheaper place called T Coast to hold his meetings during the shut down.

If the election is close, do we see someone like Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, etc take up the 2024 role? Jim Jordan though is probably DOA due to his Ohio State issues.