Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Allen 6 games in: 67.1% comp, 7.9 YPA, 108 Passer Rating, 19 TDs (Chiefs talk starts pg. 7)

Allen literally dragged the Bills offense to their points in the first half. The Bills D and ST put them behind the 8-ball all day, so the Titans D were Billsing the Bills O in the 2nd, forcing them to matriculate down the field. Allen was executing that plan on the drive that started at the 2, and then made the one bad decision. Then he successfully executed on the 2nd drive all the way down the field, with that TD to Yeldon being one of those "Josh and nobody else" throws. Then the D and ST never got him the ball again.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen was the least of my worries last night. Didnt have a "great" game, threw his first REAL int... but was hardly the reason for the loss.

https://theathletic.com/2143605/2020/10/17/are-the-buffalo-bills-the-real-deal-going-inside-the-numbers-and-the-eye-test?source=user-shared-article

We won’t know what Allen’s injury prospects will look like, but the scheme is hardly unique and he doesn’t seem to be benefiting from an extraordinary amount of luck. His supporting cast is great at nearly every spot on the offense, but he also suffers from a high drop rate — per Pro Football Focus, it’s the highest in the NFL at 7.9 percent. Though he’s had a dropped pick here or there, his turnover-worthy play percentage is not especially high at 3.21 percent — about average, again per PFF.

As a result, he has the fourth-highest adjusted accuracy rate, once taking away throwaways, batted passes, spiked balls and balls thrown while being hit while counting drops as completions. Given that he’s a fairly deep passer, that’s impressive.

One way to evaluate the impact deep passing has had on his accuracy, we can look at passing plus-minus, a metric developed by NFL Next Gen Stats. It uses data gathered from chips in shoulder pads and the ball to take into account the difficulty of throws, as determined by pocket pressure, depth downfield, distance of nearest defender, distance to the sideline and a few other factors.

By that metric, Allen has had 2.7 completion percentage points above expected. That ranks 20th, but because it only counts completions and not “accurate passes,” it happens to underrate Allen. Once we give every quarterback equal “luck” with regards to drops, batted passes, etc., Allen’s completion rate above expected rises to 5.26, sixth in the NFL.

One big factor in determining whether a team will regress is the play of the quarterback and whether his play is sustainable. For Allen, the signs point to yes — at least for this year.

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

67.1% completion, 7.9 per attempt, 108 Qbr, 14Tds.

Numbers are falling off for sure. All those in the media who stuck their necks out with the MVP talk will be roasted this week. As I said a couple weeks ago, the Allen regression backlash on TV and social media against Bills fans will be swift and harsh.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

So the mask's off right? People here are actually rooting against the guy? 

I don't think anyone said that, unless I missed it. 

If Allen sucks, we don't win.  We want to win, we like to win. I don't think anyone is rooting for failure, it's counter productive. 

12 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

67.1% completion, 7.9 per attempt, 108 Qbr, 14Tds.

Allen has 16 TD passes and 4 INT's.  He also has 3 TD runs and 2 lost fumbles giving him 19 TD's & 6 TO's.  Not to bad.  Even the last 2 weeks Allen has thrown for 4 TD passes.  QB's go through streaks.  Allen has faced two likely final 4 teams in the AFC playoffs and thrown 4 TD's & 3 INT's.  And one of the INT's came off a bad bounce and the other was a meaningless INT in the last minute tonight.

Next week versus the Jets and against Seattle in 3weeks Allen is likley to pad his stats while I'm sure NE will be a bit of a pain.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't think anyone said that, unless I missed it. 

If Allen sucks, we don't win.  We want to win, we like to win. I don't think anyone is rooting for failure, it's counter productive. 

I didn't mean you, I'm referring to several others here who seem to be rubbing their hands at Josh's completion percentage dropping. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen has 16 TD passes and 4 INT's.  He also has 3 TD runs and 2 lost fumbles giving him 19 TD's & 6 TO's.  Not to bad.  Even the last 2 weeks Allen has thrown for 4 TD passes.  QB's go through streaks.  Allen has faced two likely final 4 teams in the AFC playoffs and thrown 4 TD's & 3 INT's.  And one of the INT's came off a bad bounce and the other was a meaningless INT in the last minute tonight.

Next week versus the Jets and against Seattle in 3weeks Allen is likley to pad his stats while I'm sure NE will be a bit of a pain.

Good catch, but rushing tds aren't incorporated in passing statistics. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I didn't mean you, I'm referring to several others here who seem to be rubbing their hands at Josh's completion percentage dropping. 

All Allen had to do tonight against the champs was not suck and the Bills had a chance to win. But he sucked... I'm not rooting for him to suck, but he is what he is. In fact rooting for or against a player has no bearing on how they actually play... 

I'm suggesting, in the long run, Allen will be closer to 58% than the 72% when this thread was started.

• Meh 1

The last 2 weeks have left a bad taste in my mouth. I liked it much better when Allen was throwing for 300+ yards and completing 70% of his passes

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The last 2 weeks have left a bad taste in my mouth. I liked it much better when Allen was throwing for 300+ yards and completing 70% of his passes

I'd lick the sweat from a yeti's nuts to see him continue to play like that. It would leave a bad taste but at least be worth it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Good catch, but rushing tds aren't incorporated in passing statistics. 

2 v. NYJ

4 v. MIA

4 v. LA

2 v. LV

2 v. TEN

2 v. KC

Lets work on our addition, Class!

2 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = ????

Just now, whatdrought said:

2 v. NYJ

4 v. MIA

4 v. LA

2 v. LV

2 v. TEN

2 v. KC

Lets work on our addition, Class!

2 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = ????

Yea, it was a typo...corrected it in my OP long ago. 

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Yea, it was a typo...corrected it in my OP long ago. 

i got you. The second post (the one I quoted) made it seem like you were saying the poster who said 16 was counting passing + rushing.

• Like (+1) 1