Amy Coney Barrett

Tiberius

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I want the data that shows lives saved post Obamacare vs before.  Where is it?  

Go fish. You got nothing. 

Just now, Koko78 said:

Gee, one would think it would be an easier option for Congress to just write a law that is actually Constitutional...

under these justices? Impossible, that's why the evil and secretive Federalist Society vomited each one of them up. Who funds this court? Who paid for these evil sadistic "judges"? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

under these justices? Impossible, that's why the evil and secretive Federalist Society vomited each one of them up. Who funds this court? Who paid for these evil sadistic "judges"? 

You're right, how DARE they refuse to legislate from the bench based on their feelings! Those evil bastards!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

You're right, how DARE they refuse to legislate from the bench based on their feelings! Those evil bastards!

They are totally going with their feelings. Did you see House Republicans go sexually wild when voting to hurt people? They wanted to kill the healthcare and it made them go wild. She is no different. 

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Gee, one would think it would be an easier option for Congress to just write a law that is actually Constitutional...

What if the Democrats win the WH , Senate , keep the House and pack the SC . Whatever law they pass the SC could say it is Constitutional. That is why I hate partisan politics it could get to that point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, shoshin said:

This is the cover they are taking for their hypocrisy on the Garland nomination statements. 

You don't really think that if the Kavanaugh mess hadn't happened, they would be fine delaying BArrett do you? 

I think it has everything to do with the vile, disgusting and baseless attacks in an attempt to ruin a man and his family. Nothing more.

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Oh Jesus Christ. Come on. 

4 years ago - everyone shared your response

after 4 years of the resistance, fabricated Russia investigation, bogus impeachment trial, and stated intent to never concede

in retrospect, removing Scalia looks more like another orchestrated op

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

What if the Democrats win the WH , Senate , keep the House and pack the SC . Whatever law they pass the SC could say it is Constitutional. That is why I hate partisan politics it could get to that point.

And when that happens, along with the idea of adding DC and PR as states and banning the EC, we sadly become a totalitarian state because they would cement this nation as a one party state under only Democrat Party control.

Edited by Cinga
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And when that happens, along with the idea of adding DC and PR as states and banning the EC, we sadly become a totalitarian state because they would cement this nation as a one party state under only Democrat Party control.

Or they could be voted out again if they overreach. Maybe this time by a Republican Party that builds a new coalition.

3 hours ago, section122 said:

If packing the court would make you mad if the dems did it, it should make you mad if the republicans do it....

Put differently, if you disagree with an issue it shouldn't matter which side is pushing that issue forward.  

I didn't say I would agree with it. It's wrong no matter who did it. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Or they could be voted out again if they overreach. Maybe this time by a Republican Party that builds a new coalition.

elections would become meaningless - just like other banana republics

there would be elections - but the vote count would surprisingly be always D

any protests to the courts would also surprisingly always be favor of the D

56 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I want the data that shows lives saved post Obamacare vs before.  Where is it?  

Do we count 2020? 

More people with health insurance means more people with health coverage, which hopefully means more lives saved.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I guess I will repeat this since the "garland nomination seems to be today's hypocritical fallback.

It did though when McConnell made up some dumb rule 4 years ago that never existed before.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Obviously you either don't understand what your party is trying to do, or you're compliant with it. As @spartacus says above, what good is an election under single party control? 

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Obviously you either don't understand what your party is trying to do, or you're compliant with it. As @spartacus says above, what good is an election under single party control? 

Can you expand into this? What is single party control in this scenario?

Just now, Golden Goat said:

Harry Reid taught him to do that. 🤷‍♂️

Harry Reid taught him to waive the filabuster on lower court and judicial appointments. 4 years ago, McConnell made up a rule on not appointing a Supreme Court Justice in an election year. Like 3 years ago, McConnel followed Reid and got rid of the filibuster on the Supreme Court.

Reid never made up a rule of when the Senate should offer consent on Supreme Court appointments.

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Can you expand into this? What is single party control in this scenario?

Harry Reid taught him to waive the filabuster on lower court and judicial appointments. 4 years ago, McConnell made up a rule on not appointing a Supreme Court Justice in an election year. Like 3 years ago, McConnel followed Reid and got rid of the filibuster on the Supreme Court.

Reid never made up a rule of when the Senate should offer consent on Supreme Court appointments.

You missed the point entirely. Reid and the Democrats were warned that if they played those types of games, so would the GOP. They were warned it would backfire. It did. Spectacularly. You reap what you sow.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Golden Goat said:

You missed the point entirely. Reid and the Democrats were warned that if they played those types of games, so would the GOP. They were warned it would backfire. It did. Spectacularly. You reap what you sow.

Cannot the same be said that the Dems warned McConnell if you fill RGB with Barrett during an election year (which is his opposite position with Garland)  that they'll pack the courts using the technique of McConnell's getting rid of the Supreme Court filabuster. You know, you reap what you sow.

12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's not my party. 

I think this is all way overblown: Dems harp on voter suppression every election (I can't wait till the stories of "long lines waiting to vote" and "misdirected to the wrong polling place" on the afternoon of November 3), and now we have Repubs joining in with "voter fraud" (watch for the "more ballots cast than people living in [Dem] precinct" stories).