[Moderator Edit -last 2 pages] Moss and Knox vs. Rams

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Moss averaged 4.6 YPC against Dolphins.  Not sure why people are saying he’s under whelmed, he’s barely had a chance to get going or find a rhythm.  

End of day, there is only one football.  Josh leads the NFL in passing yards, hard to also have a second string RB also make a big statistical impact too.  

I think Moss has looked good.  

We’ve played two games and are league leaders in passing.  

Moss averaged 4.6 ypc against the Dolphins and caught a TD against the Jets. 

....but he’s underwhelmed?   Not sure what people were expecting from him in two games.  

He doesn’t feel like a huge blow, especially given our pass happy tendencies and how good Yeldon is in the passing game, but the criticism is over the top right now of Moss. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 8

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

#1 Gilliam is listed as a TE, not a fullback.  Maybe there's a reason for that?

#2 TE differ in their blocking vs pass catching abilities

His blocking may very well improve, but most rookies seem to have a learning curve around the speed and power of the NFL game.

Don't worry your little heart darlin'.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/04/udfa-tracker-who-did-buffalo-bills-sign-after-2020-nfl-draft.html

Reggie Gilliam has confirmed that he will be joining the Bills roster as an UDFA.

Gilliam is viewed as an outstanding blocker and special teams standout.

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Both Knox and Moss play positions that can take advantage of the Rams biggest weakness in D, their LBers. It’s a pretty terrible unit on paper.  Can’t say I know much about them though.  

Micah Kiser is a name you'll know after Sunday. 2018 mid round pick who has turned a page this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Moss averaged 4.6 YPC against Dolphins.  Not sure why people are saying he’s under whelmed, he’s barely had a chance to get going or find a rhythm.  

End of day, there is only one football.  Josh leads the NFL in passing yards, hard to also have a second string RB also make a big statistical impact too.  

I think Moss has looked good.  

He moves like he has lead in his boots. It is the difference between he and Singletary. Neither is fast, but Singletary has fast feet. Moss looks the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man out of Ghostbusters lifting his legs up and putting them down again.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He moves like he has lead in his boots. It is the difference between he and Singletary. Neither is fast, but Singletary has fast feet. Moss looks the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man out of Ghostbusters lifting his legs up and putting them down again.

He looks like a 23-year-old version of Frank Gore (at age 36).  I agree with you.  No “pop” or quickness.  Maybe the absence of an in-person offseason program hurt him. 

Edited by SectionC3

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Micah Kiser is a name you'll know after Sunday. 2018 mid round pick who has turned a page this year. 

We will know his name because he will try to cover Devin out of the backfield and will get DUSSTEDDDDDD all game. Cannot wait for it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He had a few nice runs in a row last week, especially that 16 yarder.  That run showed his ability.

He'll be fine.  Just needs to settle in, IMO

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

I’ve seen people compare him to Preston Brown, in that he racks up tackles but doesn’t have much speed.   If true, I’d expect us to attack him heavy with Singletary and Yeldon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Its true, he has looked terrible in pass coverage. Beast between the tackles in the run game, so good for him. But hes going to get eaten alive all game in the pass game and I am HERE FOR IT 

Hopefully. He was the NFC defensive player of the week last week.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He had a few nice runs in a row last week, especially that 16 yarder.  That run showed his ability.

He'll be fine.  Just needs to settle in, IMO

I think he just needs to learn that his feet are not good enough to take wasted steps in the NFL. He has to make every single step he takes count. When he has got moving he has showed he is tough to bring down but if he continues to take wasted steps early in his run which are not being used to get up to full speed he will struggle to maintain a good YPA. It is something Leonard Fournette has struggled with at times in the NFL too and he was a #4 overall pick so I don't mean to 'pick on' Moss. But he needs to adjust his game to be successful at this level.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he just needs to learn that his feet are not good enough to take wasted steps in the NFL. He has to make every single step he takes count. When he has got moving he has showed he is tough to bring down but if he continues to take wasted steps early in his run which are not being used to get up to full speed he will struggle to maintain a good YPA. It is something Leonard Fournette has struggled with at times in the NFL too and he was a #4 overall pick so I don't mean to 'pick on' Moss. But he needs to adjust his game to be successful at this level.

I think he's a better lateral mover that you are making him out to be.  Just looks to me like he's thinking too much right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

did you watch either of his games this year yet or are you just basing your judgement of him on his stat line/his recent award?

I don't really have a judgement on him. I watched the ~10 minute highlight clips from both their games. I said he's a name people will know after this week in response to a poster who didn't know who their LBers are and that he won defensive player of the week last week.

Hope he's a Preston Brown clone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Moss has underwhelmed so far, but did have that nice TD catch week 1. As a runner I haven't been impressed. Knox is a loss from a bit of a match up perspective..... but hopefully the Bills can get through this week without him.

If I had to give up Moss and Knox to get Milano and Edmunds back I would.

Moss was good vs Dolphins. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I cannot believe you're already calling Moss a waste of a roster spot, terrible draft pick and the worst RB in NFL history.  You are so dramatic.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 716er said:

I know him. Watched a lot of his tape at Virginia.  Always thought he was too slow and lacked any semblance of change of direction. A thumper in 2020.  If I’m Daboll, I’m going after him through the air all game.  

• Like (+1) 1