Is Roe v Wade Finally At Deaths Door?

Tiberius

They just can't be trusted to tell the truth. They are a lot like Putin in that regard. Truth is anathema to Putin and many Republicans. It's a trait of theirs. Its really sad. They understand they do not like democracy, majority rule or the truth, so they lie. That's why they always stress we are a republic and say we are not a democratic nation, because they want minority rule. 

South Carolina had minority rule in 1861. Just sayin 

“It is important precedent of the Supreme Court that has been reaffirmed many times,” Kavanaugh said in response to one of a slew of questions on abortion during his confirmation hearings. Furthermore, Kavanaugh underscored that the core tenets of the landmark 1973 decision were upheld nearly two decades later: “It is not as if it is just a run-of-the-mill case that was decided and never been reconsidered.”

Less than four years later, Kavanaugh is among the list of justices who, according to a draft majority opinion and an accompanying report published by Politico this week, is poised to overturn Roe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/04/abortion-supreme-court-confirmation-hearings/

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I actually agree with you the election cycle dominance thing...but that's exactly why a left leaning clerk leaked it. My wife constantly reminds me that many people care very deeply about this issue. I'm not one of them. But....I am in favor of letting the States make their own laws.  If the pro-life movement is indeed the minority that you claim, then just let the democratic process play itself out.  This isn't about arrogance. The Court is contemplating correcting their own wrong. Isn't that the exact opposite of arrogance?  As I've said in other posts....should the Court have said "what the heck, slavery's been around for years....we should probably let it stand."?  

Now, no matter how big or small, everything is always a political issue.  Although I have my opinion, personally, I've got no skin in the game here and the Roe v. Wade debate doesn't crack my top 10 concerns.  However, I think its ironic with the timing of this debate that Sunday the 8th is Mother's Day.  Unfortunately for me, my mom pasted away 6 years ago.  But if anyone's mother is still alive and you're able to visit or call her please do so on Sunday.  And maybe think about this debate and maybe get her views on the topic as I find social and political views through the process of different experiences tend to vary from generation to generation.  Or perhaps thank her for deciding to carry you to term and raise you rather than deciding to abort you for her own reasons.  Which led directly to you ability to interact, agree, or disagree with others here today.       

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Now, no matter how big or small, everything is always a political issue.  Although I have my opinion, personally, I've got no skin in the game here and the Roe v. Wade debate doesn't crack my top 10 concerns.  However, I think its ironic with the timing of this debate that Sunday the 8th is Mother's Day.  Unfortunately for me, my mom pasted away 6 years ago.  But if anyone's mother is still alive and you're able to visit or call her please do so on Sunday.  And maybe think about this debate and maybe get her views on the topic as I find social and political views through the process of different experiences tend to vary from generation to generation.  Or perhaps thank her for deciding to carry you to term and raise you rather than deciding to abort you for her own reasons.  Which led directly to you ability to interact, agree, or disagree with others here today.       

Sorry for your loss. My mother also went to be with the Lord six years ago this past month. She never did get to see the Bills win the big one…but she’s up there cheering! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sorry for your loss. My mother also went to be with the Lord six years ago this past month. She never did get to see the Bills win the big one…but she’s up there cheering! 

Up until Josh Allen and the current regime appeared on the scene I feared suffering the same fate but from all accounts this feels like it could be our year to win it all! 

• Like (+1) 1

Alito makes masterful argument to ‘overturn’ Roe v. Wade

by Edward Whelan

Justice Samuel Alito’s draft opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Center is a masterful account of why Roe v. Wade was wrong from the start and why it should be jettisoned. For liberals shocked by the prospective ruling, and for conservatives who thought it might never happen, it’s worth taking a look at Alito’s clear reasoning

https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/alitos-draft-masterfully-makes-the-overturn-roe-argument-crystal-clear/

49 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Up until Josh Allen and the current regime appeared on the scene I feared suffering the same fate but from all accounts this feels like it could be our year to win it all! 

So I can count on you to meet me in Phoenix? 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Alito makes masterful argument to ‘overturn’ Roe v. Wade

by Edward Whelan

Justice Samuel Alito’s draft opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Center is a masterful account of why Roe v. Wade was wrong from the start and why it should be jettisoned. For liberals shocked by the prospective ruling, and for conservatives who thought it might never happen, it’s worth taking a look at Alito’s clear reasoning

https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/alitos-draft-masterfully-makes-the-overturn-roe-argument-crystal-clear/

You are a clown.

No wonder these freaks keep questioning the definition of a woman..

• Like (+1) 1

laws are made by representatives chosen by the people and must comply with a constitution that specifically protects the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.

Sometimes I wonder if a non-binding national referendum might be helpful with our system of gov in some cases.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Oh no! What will Emperor Alito do to stop??? 

Abortion pills by mail.

Many Republican legislatures have tried banning the pills from being shipped or prescribed. But some women have been able to circumvent the restrictions by getting their pills online from overseas pharmacies that can’t be reached by U.S. laws. The five-day regimen of tablets usually comes in an unassuming envelope, making it hard to police. With the Supreme Court possibly poised to overturn Roe v. Wade, people seeking abortions in the United States will probably flock to these sources, experts say.

“This is just not going to be stoppable,” said Gerald Rosenberg, a law professor emeritus at the University of Chicago law school.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/05/04/abortion-pills-online-telemedicine/

17 hours ago, Governor said:

I like to win elections so I hope they overturn it quickly.

Mr. Governor,

I have always respected your political acumen, so I ask you: do you think we can reach the necessary Senate numbers in November?? The economy and inflation is still going to take precedence over social issues for many (if not most) voters.

California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Connecticut, Vermont, and New Hampshire? Sure. That gets us to 47.

Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida?? All of these would get us to a more comfortable 55, but I’d say each one is far from guaranteed.

But even if we get up to 55, will the Senate Democrats actually have the courage this time to end the filibuster and pass the Women’s Health Protection Act in January?

And even if it passes, will the Democrats down the line have the temerity for court packing if the conservative Supreme Court attempts to kill the bill? This, of course, is predicated on the assumption that the Democrats would hold Congress and the Presidency in 2024 and beyond…a huge uncertainty.

In the meantime, two things that we have great control over:

1. Continued support and promotion of organizations like The Brigid Alliance that help low-income and other disadvantaged women stuck in backward red states.

2. Targeted campaign organizing on campuses and working-class neighborhoods.

On the topic of codifying the ability to kill babies in the womb into the nation’s laws, it appears Democrats have gotten out over their skis again. Sen. Susan Collins, who has criticized Justice Samuel Alito’s leaked majority decision overturning Roe, is apparently a no-go, citing a multitude of issues.

I’m constantly amazed at how politically stupid the modern Democrat party is, especially under the tutelage of President Joe Biden and Sen. Chuck Schumer.

It is at least conceivable to write a law that Collins would support. After all, she’s a pro-abortion zealot, despite being a “Republican” from the blue state of Maine. Yet, instead of sitting down with her and coming up with a narrow bill that contains some moderation and nuance, Democrats went full “Leroy Jenkins” again, not even stopping to consider that they could lose the votes of some who otherwise might side with them.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/05/05/susan-collins-dashes-democrat-delusions-of-codifying-abortion-into-law-n560441

im sure this has been discussed so excuse my questions if they are redundant. 

why hasnt congress voted on abortion as the dems have had super majority in the past?

i saw this and it raises good points.

second why is abortion considered a human right that states cannot legislate themselves? what makes this any different then the different laws for health and saftey that states are responsible for? i dont like aspects of bail reform measures in NY as i feel it puts dangerous people on the street. that infringes on my and my love ones saftey. others may not like gun laws ect ect. the choice is to vote or move. is this much different?

my personal opinion is the two extremes of outright banning or get one whenever are both probably supported by fringe of Americans.

Edited by Buffarukus