Would You Trade For Zach Ertz?

Buffalo03

On 9/21/2020 at 8:10 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

1st off they can't afford him without cutting others and cutting even more next season.

2nd, the Bills are keeping Knox on the field, so how many times are they going to go with two TE's.  And at the expense of sitting which of the three wide outs.  Maybe we'll sit Diggs.

3rd, with the 3 main WR's and even throw in Davis as a 4th, how many targets will the TE even get in this offense.

4th to be able to afford the 3 top WR's the team has, you have to have cheap rookie contracts at other spots.  San Fran has Kittle, but the WR group isn't anything that special.  KC does have a pretty good group and Kerse, but likely are saving in other places.  So having Knox there, and Gillian, and Sweeney is a good thing.

I'm sure you can show statistically how this will work out great based on simulations in Madden, but when you actually have to pay guys, not so much.

our rookie contract elsewhere is Josh.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

How did some of you watch the Pats for the last 20 years and somehow think that “draft picks!!!!” and “cap space!!!!” were so gosh darned important?

Sure, just get the greatest QB of all time and pair him with the greatest coach of all time. Simple! Gosh, why haven't other teams tried to emulate this?

4 hours ago, QCity said:

Sure, just get the greatest QB of all time and pair him with the greatest coach of all time. Simple! Gosh, why haven't other teams tried to emulate this?

Yeah, exactly. Or look at Peyton Manning and the Colts with Dungy. Or Russ with Carrol.

None of these teams’ key to success was cap space or OL depth.

Nahhhh... would probably take a 2nd and some change.. we need help on the OL and LB so bad that I don’t think you could justify spending a high pick on TE... while Knox hasn’t been good nor great he has been okay.. it’s not that he is not talented, he is mega talented, he makes big plays then disappears... consistency is his problem.. I think there is a reasonable amount of hope and optimism surrounding Knox.. I do think he can be a good TE in this league... and it’s not like our offense is struggling to put up points.. Bills boast a top 5 WR core in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Nahhhh... would probably take a 2nd and some change.. we need help on the OL and LB so bad that I don’t think you could justify spending a high pick on TE... while Knox hasn’t been good nor great he has been okay.. it’s not that he is not talented, he is mega talented, he makes big plays then disappears... consistency is his problem.. I think there is a reasonable amount of hope and optimism surrounding Knox.. I do think he can be a good TE in this league... and it’s not like our offense is struggling to put up points.. Bills boast a top 5 WR core in the NFL.

IMO saying Knox has been okay is generous. He has been below average/bad. The potential and talent are there, but he is not close to putting it together. 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

IMO saying Knox has been okay is generous. He has been below average/bad. The potential and talent are there, but he is not close to putting it together. 

He has flashed... consistency seems to be the issue no? 

great catch wk1, nice catch and run until the fumble. The DB Strip was an incredibly good pbu play. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He has flashed... consistency seems to be the issue no? 

great catch wk1, nice catch and run until the fumble. The DB Strip was an incredibly good pbu play. 

He has the athleticism you love but he can’t catch and he’s a below average blocker.

No. Great player but would not be focal point in this offense and paying him will take cap space away from other key and more important players like Milano and Edmunds and eventually Josh. I can live with Knox and his flaws for now. There are only so many targets to go around.