Christopher Nolan's "Tenet"

Rico

I just read the blurb at Wikipedia for the film.

Sounds like a derivative Bond/Bourne Identity sort of rip-off, with the unnecessary complication of time travel thrown in for good measure.

I don't particularly like Nolan's films or consider him to be a good director.

I'm going to pass!  

• Haha (+1) 1

I would try to explain it if I knew what was going on and if I heard even 5% of the dialogue.

Actually, it's pretty much explained to you what's happening...so I've heard. See what I did there?

But seriously, stop effing with your audio Nolan. This reminded me of one of the reasons I hate going to movies. My sound is superior at home.

• Like (+1) 1

This is what I hate about movies/music/art. With many of it, it's considered so great because of who made it and people will act like they understand it or it has some deep meaning that only someone so sofisticated or smart truly understands it, when really it's just a crappy mess. But it's Christopher Nolan so it has to be some great deep meaning thinker that only the truly smart and sophisticated will get.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, Max Fischer said:

Love that movie, I think it's incredibly well done and clever. To me, it makes sense but I can see why some wouldn't like it.  

I love Inception too, great job in not getting too caught in the ideas / sci-fi elements but also telling an impactful human story along with it. The Mal character and her arch is still haunting to me whenever I think about it. I love the ending too

His brother is the far better writer between the two.  (Interstellar, Person of Interest)

Tenet was ok.  I think too much emphasis was put on being clever.  I thought the casting was a bit pedestrian, especially casting Kenneth Branaugh.  Had to go with someone new there.   

I like Christopher Nolan.  I'd put him 4th on my "directors who can deliver interesting films" list behind Mann, Tarantino and McTiernan.  A lot of people forget how good John McTiernan was.