Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because they are racist and it’s the exact reason the players started kneeing in the first place.  

it was never about the anthem.  There are a certain group who are threaten by equality.  

Thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. Not every white person who is fed up with this is racist. This whole thing to me feels politicised for one side in an election year. 

Also, not a huge fan of people destroying the country i went to war for with looting and rioting. Just sayin.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 19
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love that a  draft dodger who’s coward family never served a day in the military is the conscience of what is patriotic to some. 

He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build. He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college. He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

No, not bone spurs. Asthma.

And his name was Joe Biden.

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.” It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war. The year 1968 was one of the bloodiest of the Vietnam conflict with 296,406 Americans drafted into military service — the second-highest during the war.

Not sayin’... just sayin’.

Also:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/world/2008/08/31/deferments_asthma_kept_biden_out_of_vietnam.html

Educate yo’self!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. Not every white person who is fed up with this is racist. This whole thing to me feels politicised for one side in an election year. 

Fed up with trying for equality??? 

And I’d bet the majority of people who issues with this aren’t exactly excited about diversity or live in diverse neighborhoods.  

2 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

What exactly makes his family "cowards"? 

😆

you’re right.  They have really sacrificed and worked really hard to get where they are.  

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build. He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college. He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

No, not bone spurs. Asthma.

And his name was Joe Biden.

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.” It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war. The year 1968 was one of the bloodiest of the Vietnam conflict with 296,406 Americans drafted into military service — the second-highest during the war.

Not sayin’... just sayin’.

Also:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/world/2008/08/31/deferments_asthma_kept_biden_out_of_vietnam.html

Educate yo’self!!!

Now bring up Hilary! 

It’s wild how some of you can’t think past a political party.  But now find examples of Biden mocking veterans like Trump has. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fed up with trying for equality??? 

And I’d bet the majority of people who issues with this aren’t exactly excited about diversity or live in diverse neighborhoods.  

😆

you’re right.  They have really sacrificed and worked really hard to get where they are.  

Now bring up Hilary! 

It’s wild how some of you can’t think past a political party.  But now find examples of Biden mocking veterans like Trump has. 

you seem to be the one obsessed.  I’m just providing evidence that your guy isn’t exactly beyond reproach, either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

you seem to be the one obsessed.  I’m just providing evidence that your guy isn’t exactly beyond reproach, either.

Oh so if you think one guy is a complete moron, the other guy must be your guy?  Sure.  

Trump has brainwashed dumb people.  It’s actually impressive.  He is a tough talking wanna be alpha who cries and whines whenever he gets attacked.  He routinely mocks veterans who have actually served This yet his cult acts like he is some great patriot.  He literally has had everything handed to him.  He is the exact opposite of working your way up for the American Dream.

its also hilarious that his cult think this is about him being patriotic.  He hates the nfl because they didn’t want him.  They didn’t want him in 80s and he ran the uSFL into the group.  And the owners thought he was an absolute joke when he was going to “buy” the Bills because he didn’t have close to the amount of money and they would have never approve him anyway.  

I think most politicians are a joke and it’s embarrassing how they brain wash people.  But there may not have been a worse “leader” in the history of modern society than this moron.  He doesn’t even try to unify the country.  All he does is divide.  Like I have no idea what McDermott’s political leanings are but he would be a leader. 

and the moron is going of win again because 2020 sucks and our country get dumber by the second.  Fans booed guys for locking arms in a show of unity!!! Great stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Leave it here. PPP is where the weirdos hang out.  I think they actually go fairly civil here. 

I NEVER go to the PPP and never talk politics anywhere but in private. But when some jag off who doesn't know me from a bag of #######s calls me the problem.......ima speak up. And going by his profile name, we live two towns apart. In the same city where the police and Mayor tried to cover up the murder of a black man back in March. And the mayor and police chief are both black. But racial injustice isn't political. You can't make that ***** up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you came away from last night with the view that politics were being forced down your throat, you are incredibly sensitive - dare I say a snowflake? - and against even mild forms of self-expression that contain messages you disagree with.  In short you are a fascist.

Let’s recap this “overwhelmingly political” display: 

- one player knelt during the anthem

- the anthem singers wore tee shirts displaying George Floyd and Breona Taylor

- the Texans stayed in the locker room for the anthem so as not to offend anyone by kneeling publicly (which IIRC many of the anti-kneeling mob had advocated for as a less-offensive alternative)

- the players locked arms on the field as a brief display of unity against inequality 

- several players wore symbols and names on their uniforms

- there was nothing said that was anti-military, anti-veteran, anti-first responders, or anti-U.S.

- a bunch of southerners booed the players for locking arms

- all of the “politics” lasted a few minutes and then the players went about doing their jobs and entertaining all of us 

I’ll repeat: if you find the above to be overly political, the problem is 100% with YOU.  It was just about the mildest, most thoughtful, dare I say, most AMERICAN display of free and individual expression I can fathom.  It made me proud to be American, honestly, and if you have a problem with last night’s display (not talking about the protests generally, just specifically last night), YOU are the one who hates this country and probably doesn’t belong here.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

honestly sounded more like a few dumb idiots. I mean at other points you hear people cheering.

Watt reflects on moment of unity: 'Booing during that moment was unfortunate. I don’t fully understand that'

Honestly - Wyatt heard it and so did so many others.  Not cool!

Just now, LB48 said:

Watt reflects on moment of unity: 'Booing during that moment was unfortunate. I don’t fully understand that'

Honestly - Wyatt heard it and so did so many others.  Not cool!

It’s not cool but it’s their right.  They are snowflakes offended by mild forms of self-expression they disagree with. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sad world we live in where rapists and criminals are honored and memorialized 

True.  But Donald Trump is still the president for now and very popular among a certain set.  And the cops

who killed Breonna Taylor, in her bed, are still walking around free, and paid tribute to by many simply

for being officers of the "law."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you came away from last night with the view that politics were being forced down your throat, you are incredibly sensitive - dare I say a snowflake? - and against even mild forms of self-expression that contain messages you disagree with.  In short you are a fascist.

Let’s recap this “overwhelmingly political” display: 

- one player knelt during the anthem

- the anthem singers wore tee shirts displaying George Floyd and Breona Taylor

- the Texans stayed in the locker room for the anthem so as not to offend anyone by kneeling publicly (which IIRC many of the anti-kneeling mob had advocated for as a less-offensive alternative)

- the players locked arms on the field as a brief display of unity against inequality 

- several players wore symbols and names on their uniforms

- there was nothing said that was anti-military, anti-veteran, anti-first responders, or anti-U.S.

- a bunch of southerners booed the players for locking arms

- all of the “politics” lasted a few minutes and then the players went about doing their jobs and entertaining all of us 

I’ll repeat: if you find the above to be overly political, the problem is 100% with YOU.  It was just about the mildest, most thoughtful, dare I say, most AMERICAN display of free and individual expression I can fathom.  It made me proud to be American, honestly, and if you have a problem with last night’s display (not talking about the protests generally, just specifically last night), YOU are the one who hates this country and probably doesn’t belong here.

I never said that politics were being shoved down my throat. I have no problem what anyone did last night. I just wanna go watch football, it's a good way to get away from all the BS going on in the world today. But now it's leaking into everything we eat, sleep and breathe. I'm afraid the world will never go back to normal....whatever normal is. I don't think we've ever been normal to be honest. Spoiled maybe, but not too normal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Also, not a huge fan of people destroying the country i went to war for with looting and rioting. Just sayin.

What are those particular white people fed up with exactly?

Also, the country you went to war for has a racism issue and always has.  I hope that's a problem for you too.  Just sayin.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I never said that politics were being shoved down my throat. I have no problem what anyone did last night. I just wanna go watch football, it's a good way to get away from all the BS going on in the world today. But now it's leaking into everything we eat, sleep and breathe. I'm afraid the world will never go back to normal....whatever normal is. I don't think we've ever been normal to be honest. Spoiled maybe, but not too normal.

The best quote I’ve heard is, “Professional sports are a reward for a functioning society.” 

I get that you wish you could be entertained without having to hear or think about what’s going on in the world.  I’m sorry it doesn’t work that way.  The people who are doing the entertaining want to be able to sleep in their beds and drive to their jobs without being shot and suffocated.  Last night they picked a very mild and inoffensive way of expressing that.  Sh— is messed up in this country almost beyond repair right now and tuning it out is a luxury we can’t afford and don’t deserve.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

What are those particular white people fed up with exactly?

Also, the country you went to war for has a racism issue and always has.  I hope that's a problem for you too.  Just sayin.  

To say the country is racist is pretty extreme. There are many racists in the United States, too many. But to basically say the whole country is racist is pretty ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The best quote I’ve heard is, “Professional sports are a reward for a functioning society.” 

I get that you wish you could be entertained without having to hear or think about what’s going on in the world.  I’m sorry it doesn’t work that way.  The people who are doing the entertaining want to be able to sleep in their beds and drive to their jobs without being shot and suffocated.  Last night they picked a very mild and inoffensive way of expressing that.  Sh— is messed up in this country almost beyond repair right now and tuning it out is a luxury we can’t afford and don’t deserve.

I agree almost. The only thing I disagree with is that 25 years ago I could go to a Bills game and everything was great. We never heard what was going on in the background. Now with social media and all, nothing is hidden. So at one time we could go and enjoy ourselves without any issues.....that we knew of.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No one said that.

I misread what he said. I thought he meant the whole country has a racism issue. My bad.

Edited by Bubba Gump