Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I spread love last night. 😉

My own ideology of not liking racist people? Nope never question.  I remember being in high school and being too timid to speak up when friends of friends who loved the Bills loved using the n word every 5 minutes while watching the game. That’s who some of those fans booing are.  And to try and defend them is what Trump does.  He might not be the KKK Leader but he isn’t exactly telling the KKK leader not to knock it off.

i hate our 2 party system.  It is an absolute joke.  It’s one side Pretending  like their side is right when they are both hypocritical and completely flawed.  I can understand the violence in Chicago needs to be called out and changed. I can also call out a police officer for needing to be above a gang banger from Chicago in how they handle themselves, even if they are dealing with a criminal. They aren’t judge and jury.

the worst part of all this most Americans are mainly in the middle and good people.  But people who boo unity are the problem.  That’s the Trump effect.  Dick Jauron is a better leader than him. And then we have a 78 year old man who might be losing his mind.

so between a presidency decided between 2 70+ year old men; booing unity; school shootings; rioting and looting; maybe we aren’t the greatest country in the world.  But ☮️ and ❤️. America can be so much better and yesterday was Embarrassing.

It’s the whole shut up and dribble and protest when I want to protest mentality.  But yet any moron can get a Twitter and say whatever they want.  But because a black guy was good enough to escape his surroundings and make good money, they can’t voice their opinions? 

You are projecting an awful lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

@C.Biscuit97

Do you believe that players wearing “black lives matter” on their helmet are actively supporting the organization black lives matter and in doing so supporting the leaders of that movement who have admitted to being ideological Marxists? Or do you think it’s possible to support the phrase Black Lives Matter (or even the org.) without also supporting that specifically? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I spread love last night. 😉

My own ideology of not liking racist people? Nope never question.  I remember being in high school and being too timid to speak up when friends of friends who loved the Bills loved using the n word every 5 minutes while watching the game. That’s who some of those fans booing are.  And to try and defend them is what Trump does.  He might not be the KKK Leader but he isn’t exactly telling the KKK leader not to knock it off.

i hate our 2 party system.  It is an absolute joke.  It’s one side Pretending  like their side is right when they are both hypocritical and completely flawed.  I can understand the violence in Chicago needs to be called out and changed. I can also call out a police officer for needing to be above a gang banger from Chicago in how they handle themselves, even if they are dealing with a criminal. They aren’t judge and jury.

the worst part of all this most Americans are mainly in the middle and good people.  But people who boo unity are the problem.  That’s the Trump effect.  Dick Jauron is a better leader than him. And then we have a 78 year old man who might be losing his mind.

so between a presidency decided between 2 70+ year old men; booing unity; school shootings; rioting and looting; maybe we aren’t the greatest country in the world.  But ☮️ and ❤️. America can be so much better and yesterday was Embarrassing.

It’s the whole shut up and dribble and protest when I want to protest mentality.  But yet any moron can get a Twitter and say whatever they want.  But because a black guy was good enough to escape his surroundings and make good money, they can’t voice their opinions? 

I agree with you 100% on the two party system !! 

7 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Honestly the booers just came across as classless.

Regardless of whether folks saw it as a tactful show of unity or an unwanted "virtue signal," they should just have better manners. I mean what the hell.

This is my take.  I don't like that we now apparently have two racially segregated national anthems, and I definitely don't need an extra "show of unity" added to all the other pregame BS, but it seems like the adult thing to do is just quietly roll your eyes and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Do you need billionaire reality TV stars making political statements? 

If you have power, you can get on TV and make your point.  It's a free-market system. It's always been that way.  And you've always been okay with it.  You weren't complaining about the hour of advertising we're bombard with during every game. 

All that's happened is that the players have discovered they have power and they've begun exercising it.  It's the same system operating in the same way.  You just don't like this week's message.  

Well put.  We used to get bombarded by fast food, car, etc commercials.  Now we're getting social justice statements.  I watch the games on NFL game pass.  45 minutes of pure football.  Nothing else.  I recommend to anyone who wants to "escape" from the everyday sh#t show we are in now.