DeAndre Hopkins contract extension

YoloinOhio

One thing to note on this, just like Tunsil's big deal, the player negotiated this all himself. Good on Hopkins.

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

What % does a agent usually bank that makes Hoppys take home pay even more since he did it himself?

Ah, you just beat me to it.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One thing to note on this, just like Tunsil's big deal, the player negotiated this all himself. Good on Hopkins.

Ah, you just beat me to it.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've always heard around 5% but could be as high as 10%.

15 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

@Gugny says in SB 1.5-3%

There are rules the cap the commission for NFL agents at 3%.  From what I've read, typical is closer to 1.5%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not really though.  I looked at the contract, and Chris Brown said it as well just now.  $3.2 mil. this year, about $15 mil. on his 5th year option as I wasn’t sure if that counted so the $70 mil. all added together over 6 years is an average of $14.66 mil./yr. through 2025.  He’ll be 30 and his contract will be beat by so many other CB’s it’s not even funny.  

This was a great deal for TW, and possibly Milano.  If Milano takes $13 mil./yr. so $52 mil., but add his last rookie year, it’s only $10.8 mil.  That’s not bad at all.  Lock up Beane and we are onto Edmunds next year, and Allen if it all works out in a couple of years.  Get ready for a team staying together and building on success year over year.  Someday, we could be the next Seahawks.  Not going to say Steelers as they have 50 years of history of success, but the Hawks sucked before Wilson, or at least were flashy as they did make the SB when they were robbed before Wilson.

The White deal is truly great for him and the team. I'd love to grab an elite CB in FA or elite rookie prospect to pair with him and Hyde/Poyer. 

If Milano has another big year, I think ya gotta re sign him and let him and Edmunds grow together. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Kind of like a lot of money for a CB...who can easily be taken out of the game by throwing away from him. 

If you throw away from him you basically are letting CB dictate you can only throw to half the field.

With some new college QBs that is not much an issue since all they do is look at half of field.  

Oh by the way some CBs not in Neon Dieon model also help with run support.  With Dieon type QBs you run right at them.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So not to be that guy but......

Diggs is on a REALLY Team friendly contract......I wonder if after this year there start to be rumblings by him and his camp on a new deal.

And I love that we brought in Diggs and was calling for it LOOONG before it happened

Hopefully after he proves he deserves more in offseason.

I do hope they do not add new money but new incentives.