Brandon Beane interviews 9/7 and 9/8

YoloinOhio

On 9/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, Don Otreply said:

Yup, Fans and media gonna fan and media on some player every season. None the less,  it’s always entertaining to watch which player becomes the seasons point of contention as it were, 

The fans here seem to want to get rid of Trent Murphy, moreso than players like Lee Smith & Patrick DiMarco.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

The fans here seem to want to get rid of Trent Murphy, moreso than players like Lee Smith & Patrick DiMarco.

I think this year is the first time as a Bill that Murphy has started the season healthy. I hope he surprises a lot of fans.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

5 mil left in cap space?

Well, that's unfortunate.  I hate letting players get to the end of their contract before re-signing. 

I really want us to bring back Milano

They ate up a lot of their remaining space with the Dawkins and White deals. 

Milano is a player they love but Beane has been saying they can't sign everyone. LB and DE will be drafted early next year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

26 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

There is also that... it’s a bit of the lack of seeing the bigger picture as it were... 😁

As much as I want to re-sign Milano, the Bills did the right thing by locking up the LT and CB. Two most important non-QB positions in football.

That being said, I expect the Bills to make every effort to re-sign Milano after this season. Assuming he wants to stay in Buffalo -- and why wouldn't he? -- I'd bet it gets done.

While it's a small sample size to draw from, so far, when Beane says "we want X player in Buffalo for the long haul", it means they're going to sincerely try as hard as possible to re-sign the player. Beane said this about Milano. As long as Milano doesn't want the moon, he should remain a Bill going forward.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:18 AM, Aussie Joe said:

People have been wanting Murphy cut since  a week after he got here ...

Ive always thought McD loves him...

I mean I they going to say he sucks and it was a bad signing and we should have used that money to keep Shaq?

i think they kill it on the defensive side but it doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes.  Murphy isn’t a difference maker. 

52 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Lee can go too. 

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Well, Spotrac is wildly different from Beane in terms of quoted cap space.

Spotrac is a fan based site and not up to date with the details yet.

Right now Spotrac has the cap space at 15 million.  What is not reflected in that number is Roberts and Marlowe's contracts along with the

signing bonus of Tre White.

I've said this a couple of times in the last week that the Bills (Beane) is all in with the money going forward.

I'll probably piss off some posters by adding now we all know why Beane didn't pay for a high costing one year rental this year!

Edited by ColoradoBills

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I they going to say he sucks and it was a bad signing and we should have used that money to keep Shaq?

i think they kill it on the defensive side but it doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes.  Murphy isn’t a difference maker. 

Lee can go too. 

I agree, Lee Smith does not add much to the team, but McDermott loves his team leaders.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Im  saying that they have had the  opportunity to move on from him certainly since the start of last year...

Why do you still think he is on the team then ?