Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. That's a crazy stat. But Darnold's tenure in New Jersey is marked by his lack of support. The offensive line was very bad last year and he didn't have many weapons. Kind of similar to this year except he has less weapons and his oline may possibly be better.

I personally think Darnold is a good QB, albeit turnover prone.

My main point being they aren’t being undersold in the least. Darnold/The Jets lost to awful teams last year on a historical level and manage a mere 13 pts vs our B squad. All of this during their WHITE HOT 6-2 finish that the whole fanbase is clinging to. IMO the roster has gotten worse overall, on paper..... there’s no underselling them. They won’t be a good team. 

Just now, Chemical said:

and the Bills started the season down 0-16 to those historically bad NYJ. Also, those dolphins you’re referencing dominated a Buffalo team coming off a bye for a half, were about to close the game out before tre’s int. 

I can’t see Buffalo losing tomorrow, but there’s a higher than zero chance the Jets pull off the upset. The first half of both those games are still in the back of my mind. 

Keep grasping at straws bro. I really don’t get the point here. The bills found ways to win both of those games in spite of the fact that they weren’t playing well. That’s what good teams do. Meanwhile the jets lost to an 0-7 squad and an     0-11 squad and barely beat our B team in week 17. They sucked then and they’ll suck now. 

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Keep grasping at straws bro. I really don’t get the point here. The bills found ways to win both of those games in spite of the fact that they weren’t playing well. That’s what good teams do. Meanwhile the jets lost to an 0-7 squad and an     0-11 squad and barely beat our B team in week 17. They sucked then and they’ll suck now. 

my second paragraph was meant to sum up my point BRO. Did you get that far? That’s all I’m saying. 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

My main point being they aren’t being undersold in the least. Darnold/The Jets lost to awful teams last year on a historical level and manage a mere 13 pts vs our B squad. All of this during their WHITE HOT 6-2 finish that the whole fanbase is clinging to. IMO the roster has gotten worse overall, on paper..... there’s no underselling them. They won’t be a good team. 

Well I agree. Earlier in the off-season I was talking up the Jets and thought they might get to 8 or 9 wins, then all the shenanigans started with trading their best player, Mosley opting out, injuries to offensive weapons, and of course Gase being the opposite of a leader. So I am fully on board the "Jets suck" train now.

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

my second paragraph was meant to sum up my point BRO. Did you get that far? That’s all I’m saying. 

Right. You made a whole post trying to dog our team to just a make a point  that it’s not 100% chance we beat the jets. Seems really silly.

.... we get it. It’s the NFL. Any given Sunday..... but the jets suck and aren’t being “undersold”. Which is what my initial comments were about to begin with 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

16 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't want to score on our first play. I'd rather have a long successful sustained drive for a touchdown.

Exactly, wear their offense out before halftime... But I want to see a near 50/50 balance between running Moss/Motor, and let's use this game to get reps for Diggs and Davis. Get them clicking for our mid to late season playoff push. Let's make this offense indefensible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. You made a whole post trying to dog our team to just a make that it’s not 100% chance we beat the jets. Seems really silly.

.... we get it. It’s the NFL. Any given Sunday..... but the jets suck and aren’t being “undersold”. Which is what my initial comments were about to begin with 

ok so you don’t like my point. Got it. 

It’s hypocritical to “dog” on a team when you could have easily lost to them. Yeah, the Bills came back and won by a point in last year’s opener, but I didn’t know that good teams know how to make the opposing kicker miss. 

it’s very possible the Jets are being undersold, just because some are picking them to win as few as 3 games. I could see them going 8-8 with the division games being such question marks. 

10 minutes ago, Chemical said:

It’s hypocritical to “dog” on a team when you could have easily lost to them. Yeah, the Bills came back and won by a point in last year’s opener, but I didn’t know that good teams know how to make the opposing kicker miss. 

it’s very possible the Jets are being undersold, just because some are picking them to win as few as 3 games. I could see them going 8-8 with the division games being such question marks. 

That's how I felt a few months ago. But then they lost their two best players.

The Jets don't have a chance this year. They will win a handful of games, but this is going to Gase's last year as a head coach.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chemical said:

The bills had some freak turnovers happen that game and STILL pulled it out. Good teams overcome that crap to beat bad teams. Keep clinging to it though I guess. 

The jets aren’t winning more than 6 games this year. I’m very very confident in that. 8-8 would be a minor miracle. They are just so awful from top to bottom on paper. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Jets don't have a chance this year. They will win a handful of games, but this is going to Gase's last year as a head coach.

And then they lost the LB that that was gonna replace mosely ....and then Williamson... and their 2nd round wr....

8-8 would be stunning 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Anyhoo...

Expecting the Jets to test the outside LBs tomorrow with lots of outside zone runs from shotgun.  That’s what I would do.

I would say If was was them I’d test the teeth of the d. Phillips off an injury and butler hasn’t proven to be a consistent pro yet. Meanwhile EO is a bit undersized. 

im confident they do well in there but I think it might be vulnerable. 

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills had some freak turnovers happen that game and STILL pulled it out. Good teams overcome that crap to beat bad teams. Keep clinging to it though I guess. 

The jets aren’t winning more than 6 games this year. I’m very very confident in that. 8-8 would be a minor miracle. They are just so awful from top to bottom on paper. 

And then they lost the LB that that was gonna replace mosely ....and then Williamson... and their 2nd round wr....

8-8 would be stunning 

I’m definitely not picking 8-8 for them. If NE is a lot worse and Miami doesn’t improve as much as ppl think. there’s a small chance NYJ can pull of 8 wins. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I would say If was was them I’d test the teeth of the d. Phillips off an injury and butler hasn’t proven to be a consistent pro yet. Meanwhile EO is a bit undersized. 

im confident they do well in there but I think it might be vulnerable. 

Issue is they don’t have the interior line to do that, and their line as a whole has barely practiced together so short-area combo blocks are gonna be harder to execute.  Meanwhile the Bills lost their key edge setters in Shaq and Lorax, and Bell is really good at the outside zone runs.  That’s what I’m expecting the Jets to feature.

• Like (+1) 1

With the way our schedule looks, this already looks like a must win.

Can't wait, though.  This is the team I've been waiting a couple of decades for. I'm most excited to see our new franchise QB with (finally) a full contingent of great weapons.  I think the right Josh is gonna tear up the league this year...

• Like (+1) 2