John Kelly Refutes That Trump Called Soldiers Losers

Kemp

1 hour ago, GG said:

He won't, because Trump has a knack for pissing people off as they walk out the door 

True but that didn't stop Kelly from publicly criticizing Trump about the Ukraine phone call and other disagreements they had during his tenure after he resigned.  It's quite possible Kelly was one of the anonymous sources given Goldberg's connections and that theory will always be out there unless Kelly publicly denies the story.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

You're judging a whole group based on the actions of a few. I guess it's okay to do that next time an Islamic Terrorist "does something."

No, I'm jugding all of them based on all of their actions. I would judge any associate of a terrorist that did nothing to denounce or intervene the same.

At this point, 100% of all police are either directly guilty of crimes against humanity or indirectly through condoning it. If any such thing as a good cop ever existed, they would have resigned and joined the side of the american people.

41 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, I'm jugding all of them based on all of their actions. I would judge any associate of a terrorist that did nothing to denounce or intervene the same.

At this point, 100% of all police are either directly guilty of crimes against humanity or indirectly through condoning it. If any such thing as a good cop ever existed, they would have resigned and joined the side of the american people.

Something tells me your manifesto will appear in the NYT one day.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I feel like this is @DC Tom just screwing with us.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah it is cowardly if he says nothing given the gravity of the accusations against the president.  He can simply confirm or deny it.

I think that's the point in the no comment. It does give gravity to the probably true accusation. He's a good American and wants this terrible presidency to end. 

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Former national security adviser John Bolton disputed the main thesis of The Atlantic's recent report alleging that President Trump disparaged fallen American soldiers in France, calling the claim "simply false" in an appearance on "The Story" Monday.

LOL, so are all of Bolton's allegations true then? 

The weather! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Former national security adviser John Bolton disputed the main thesis of The Atlantic's recent report alleging that President Trump disparaged fallen American soldiers in France, calling the claim "simply false" in an appearance on "The Story" Monday.

John Bolton: Ten biggest claims in his Donald Trump book

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53089609

So you are saying these claims are true then

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

John Bolton: Ten biggest claims in his Donald Trump book

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53089609

So you are saying these claims are true then

Of course, this makes perfect sense.

If you believe that someone calling out anonymous rumor mongerers as fraudsters, by extension you accept everything they have ever said on any issue as 100% factual. 

Everyone knows that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

this story doesn't really add up or fit trump's character.  he has said some wildly dumb and offensive things about military before (as he has with almost any topic), but this story doesn't pass the smell test.  

Respectfully I disagree.  It fits Trump perfectly.  “I like guys who didn’t get shot down” is fairly consistent with “the guys who died” (this obviously is a paraphrase) are “suckers and losers.”  Whether it’s true or not is in the eye of the beholder; the fact that Kelly hasn’t spiked it says to me that there’s at least some merit to The Atlantic’s reporting.   And the Bolton denial isn’t dispositive until we know whether Trump was within earshot of Bolton at all times relevant to The Atlantic’s reporting.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

IT WAS A DEBATE!

So the answer is yes?

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

McCain deserved a bit of trash talk. In his later years he’d become part of the problem.

Maybe, but not for his military service.  Face it.  Barack Obama showed more respect for the service of John McCain than did Donald Trump.