Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Just like how Hillary had brain damage 4 years ago. The same old playbook.

Hillary suffered brain damage much longer ago.  Probably in college as soon as she moved away from her really solid parents.

And then there is this beauty.

Edited by keepthefaith

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

m4k-do.gif

Tapper said she was "stumbling" when he really meant "collapsed and was thrown into the van like a side of beef."

The cement post is what's keeping Hillary upright as she's losing consciousness.

Hunter's stuff was too strong for her.

Edited by I am the egg man

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But that's not what you said. You didn't say she is trying to capitalize on her bi-racial heritage. You specifically called her an angry black woman.

That simply doesn't fit her personality. I don't recall her ever raising her voice or expressing anger. Even when she went after Biden on school busing it was more in the manner of "you were mistaken." I would not have called you out if we were talking about Maxine Waters. But that's a whole different person with an entirely different personality.

You are not worthy of discourse. You insulted me because in your opinion you can not recall her showing anger by raising her voice. What a jerk. No, it was all an act. By your standard voice level denotes anger level.

When out of argument call the opponent a racist. I am disappointed in you

1 minute ago, Niagara said:

You are not worthy of discourse. You insulted me because in your opinion you can not recall her showing anger by raising her voice. What a jerk. No, it was all an act. By your standard voice level denotes anger level.

When out of argument call the opponent a racist. I am disappointed in you

The reference to "black" was gratuitous. What purpose did it serve in your criticism of Harris other than to call attention to her race? Your explanation that it had something to do with her leveraging her racial heritage for political gain was not related to your statement that Biden is some kind of stalking horse for an "angry black woman."

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The reference to "black" was gratuitous. What purpose did it serve in your criticism of Harris other than to call attention to her race? Your explanation that it had something to do with her leveraging her racial heritage for political gain was not related to your statement that Biden is some kind of stalking horse for an "angry black woman."

I am done with you POS.

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You haven't given me any explanation for why you would raise someone's race.

I am not a fan of Mike Pence's political positions. I would never refer to him as an "angry white man." It doesn't fit his public persona.

What? Kamala was selected BECAUSE she was a “woman of color”! EVERY post about her should bring up her race. It’s her lone claim to the office she‘s seeking.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? Kamala was selected BECAUSE she was a “woman of color”! EVERY post about her should bring up her race. It’s her lone claim to the office she‘s seeking.

Ah, but is she an angry “woman of color”. Either way, reference to her is "gratuitous" and doesn't fit a public persona. In any event it is insulting, and a show stopper. Big words, little minds.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Keep trying ...

Sometimes it's best to just admit that it was a mistake to go there.

Kamala Harris was picked for a number of reasons, one of which is she fit the female POC suit (the other was some backroom fighting between the Obama and Clinton camps). 

She got her start by being Willie Brown's mistress. At the time, very little happened in the California Democratic party that was not sanctioned by Willie Brown.
She was a DA that was especially harsh and cruel to black men.
She has now changed her positions based not on ideology, but on donations from her sponsors.
She is also extremely unlikable.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Kamala Harris was picked for a number of reasons, one of which is she fit the female POC suit (the other was some backroom fighting between the Obama and Clinton camps). 

She got her start by being Willie Brown's mistress. At the time, very little happened in the California Democratic party that was not sanctioned by Willie Brown.
She was a DA that was especially harsh and cruel to black men.
She has now changed her positions based not on ideology, but on donations from her sponsors.
She is also extremely unlikable.

I have never been a Kamala Harris fan. She is an opportunist, and you are correct - she parlayed a relationship with Willie Brown (a deeply corrupt figure) into a political career. And obviously her gender (admittedly) and ethnicity (not officially admitted, but c'mon) were pivotal in Biden's decision to select her.

But: I am not arguing about those things. I am arguing with one particular comment here that said this:

- Biden is incapable of serving (certainly not more than one term) as president

- the plan is then to hand over the government to an angry black woman

Tell me what legitimate purpose "black" (or for that matter, "woman") serves in that comment?

The answer is "none."

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have never been a Kamala Harris fan. She is an opportunist, and you are correct - she parlayed a relationship with Willie Brown (a deeply corrupt figure) into a political career. And obviously her gender (admittedly) and ethnicity (not officially admitted, but c'mon) were pivotal in Biden's decision to select her.

But: I am not arguing about those things. I am arguing with one particular comment here that said this:

- Biden is incapable of serving (certainly not more than one term) as president

- the plan is then to hand over the government to an angry black woman

Tell me what legitimate purpose "black" (or for that matter, "woman") serves in that comment?

The answer is "none."

Does she identify as black?

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Does she identify as black?

Why would that make it legitimate? You are saying (I think) that this would make the comment accurate as a matter of fact.

I am saying that in the poster's original context "black" adds nothing in the form of legitimate argument, such that we have to question why anyone would include it.

I am not one to cry "racism" every time someone's race is noted. If we are talking like pundits (and this board is ostensibly about punditry) it's fine to discuss why a candidate of one race or another is in a better situation to win or lose. But that's different, and I think you are intelligent and can see that.