Jets Falling Apart Health-Wise Prior To Week 1

H2o

20 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I've been scouting the threads/practice reports on the Jets Nation forum for the past week or so and while their current injury list is long, it sounds like they are expecting a lot of guys back before the season begins to be fair.

Poole and Van Roten are back already, Mims and Desir are expected back by end of the week, Perine's injury wasn't as serious as originally feared etc. The missed reps especially by rookies like Mims and Perine have to take a toll though. And if Maye and Perriman miss Week 1, those would be significant losses for them. 

With such a weird off-season, continuity is that much more important. Injuries aside, the Bills having the most continuity in the league compared to the Jets' turnover is a major advantage in our Week 1 match-up. 

Jetnation is a fun time....

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m betting an adjusted spread in this game. I’m going to lay 16.5 if I can

I hammered the bills hard on the regular spread last week at -6 before it got any larger. Easy money.... It’s already moved a half point and I suspect it may keep going. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, eball said:

LOL -- but you know what, I'm with you.  The Bills should embarrass these clowns.

I’m thinking that I can get like 4:1 if I do that. I think this game is ugly.

55 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I hammered the bills hard on the regular spread last week at -6 before it got any larger. Easy money.... It’s already moved a half point and I suspect it may keep going. 

I saw yesterday +130 at -8.5. I am trying to move it further though. They are going to crush that sad Jets team.

• Like (+1) 1

Denzel Mims says he thinks he'll "definitely" be playing week 1. 

The thing that Jets fans don't seem to grasp, though, is the degree to which Mims having missed the ENTIRE training camp/offseason period will greatly hinder his effectiveness and ability to contribute on offense. 

Even in the best of times, it's hard for rookie wide receivers to make a big impact in year one. Add in the amount of time Mims has already missed due to injury, and you have to think it's going to take a while for him to be fully up to speed in that offense.

One of the Jets beat reporters (maybe Connor Hughes?) was saying that he didn't expect Mims to play a ton of offensive snaps. That he'd only have a certain, limited package of plays on which he could see the field, simply based on all the time he's missed.

I just don't see how the Jets are going to move the ball and score many points against the Bills defense in week one. Le'Veon Bell, Chris Herndon, and Jamison Crowder are their healthy "weapons" at the moment. Bell, until further notice, is not the Bell of old. Reports out of Jets camp have Frank Gore performing better than Bell. So that leaves Herndon -- an admittedly good player, if he can stay healthy -- and Crowder (a steady but not dominant or game-breaking slot receiver). I see the Bills holding the Jets to field goals at most.

Edited by Logic

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hung out with a few Jets fans last weekend... they couldn’t believe the Bills were 7 point favorites (at the time) They thought It would be 3.5 at most.... they were saying they’d take the Jets to cover.... I couldn’t believe they thought that. The Jets are a tire fire. 

I mean it's kind of similar to last year. The Jets got so much praise for the few moves they made in the offseason and they were all amped thinking they were just going to steamroll us. Meanwhile really looking at the two teams the Jets O-line had gotten worse and they'd added an expensive and loud personality in Bell who would somehow do well despite that deteriorating O-line, on the other hand the Bills had completely overhauled their O-line and brought in good veteran talent in the WR room. So on the one hand we had a team that had seemingly regressed and another that had clearly improved and both teams had been fairly even before, and yet Jets fans and even the media had them as favorites.

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hung out with a few Jets fans last weekend... they couldn’t believe the Bills were 7 point favorites (at the time) They thought It would be 3.5 at most.... they were saying they’d take the Jets to cover.... I couldn’t believe they thought that. The Jets are a tire fire. 

Jets were very cocky last year. Heads could barely fit through the gates.

The Bell ***** was sickening.

14 points this time around.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

OMG did you cry? Are you going to be ok?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

This game will be 3 scores. I’d honestly take that at even money. The Bills are very good. The Jets are very bad. The Bills have as small of a learning curve as pretty much any team. I really think that they pound them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This game will be 3 scores. I’d honestly take that at even money. The Bills are very good. The Jets are very bad. The Bills have as small of a learning curve as pretty much any team. I really think that they pound them.

I agree. I just hope McDermott and company have grown past the "shut it down because we have a 10 point lead" nonsense. 

I truly think we'll see much less of that this year, but that'd be my only concern. I think we're more than capable of beating the Jets by 3 scores. Whether McD will keep his foot on the throttle that long remains to be seen.

"If" Josh Allen has made any semblance of a jump, this game shouldn't be close.

Bills DL > Jets DL

Bills LB's > Jets LB's

Bills Secondary > Jets Secondary

Bills OL > Jets OL

Bills WR's > Jets WR's

Bills Coaching > Jets Coaching

I'll give them a push at RB and TE