Which Bills player(s) are this years flash in the pan?

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

From what Sal has said on WGR the second best QB in camp has been Davis Webb. He almost certainly isn't making the team. So maybe he counts here?

Idk, i could see him make it over Barkley.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, CommonCents said:

Seems Gabe Davis has the clear lead. It’s most always a WR. 

He will have a hard time taking snaps from any of the other WRs. 

I tell you what, the guy looks freakin good...i believe he not only makes the roster, but also pushes for playing time as a starter....i mean I do believe Smoke and Beasley are better WRs at this current time, but if Davis continues to shine the way he has, could they perhaps move Smoke into the slot, and Beasley comes in as WR4?  Or is Smoke entrenched in that WR2 position?  I don't envision Davis as a slot guy as he's just so darn big....

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

I tell you what, the guy looks freakin good...i believe he not only makes the roster, but also pushes for playing time as a starter....i mean I do believe Smoke and Beasley are better WRs at this current time, but if Davis continues to shine the way he has, could they perhaps move Smoke into the slot, and Beasley comes in as WR4?  Or is Smoke entrenched in that WR2 position?  I don't envision Davis as a slot guy as he's just so darn big....

Depends what they do as well.... early last season the Bills were rotating personnel packages in on offense which meant other receivers got on the field. After the Cleveland game they did less of that went with a more standard 11 personnel and we got Brown, Beasley and McKenzie on most snaps.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:31 AM, Steve Billieve said:

It doesn't seem like we have any over-hyped player. I'm thinking its a symptom of us actually being good.

We're definitely putting a lot of faith in Singletary and Diggs but I don't think either would qualify.

are we putting a lot of faith in Singletary? I guess...as much as one would put faith in a time share running back. 

On 8/25/2020 at 12:12 AM, heavydutyrudy said:

The point of practicing getting kicked like that is to toughen up the old gonads so it doesn't hurt when you get kicked in the jewels.  Same as when you toughen your hands by repeatedly hitting a sand bag to deaden the hand.

If you're getting kicked in the balls enough to go and do this then you're probably doing something wrong lol

12 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

At this point, I'd say almost if not all of the media we have reporting on camp have had nothing but rave reviews on him. Joe B even thinks they'll move on from McKenzie and use Davis in the slot at times when Beasley comes out. IMO I don't think they'll cut McKenzie, I think they like his versatility a lot and he can take on return duties if Roberts were to get hurt. But yeah, Davis has been great so far. Hopefully he can carry it into the season. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steve Billieve said:

We don't have anyone established to share carries, and he's only had one good year.

I mean....ok. Our RBs will be a timeshare between Singletary and Moss. What has given you the indication that this ISNT happening? lol 

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I mean....ok. Our RBs will be a timeshare between Singletary and Moss. What has given you the indication that this ISNT happening? lol 

He's a rookie who's never played.

I understand that's what they're going with, and it's not a huge deal since its RB.

I mean if there's a position we think we have all set but actually are in trouble with it's running back. Singletary has one year Moss has zero and injuries are common at the position.