Derrick Henry new deal

Basically a 2 year deal gauranteed with 2 team options at about 12.5 million a year. Seems more team friendly to me as I think Henery should have pushed for one less year (so he could get another shot at a contract under 30)  or an average annual salary that was higher. It's not like the franchise tag was that bad but I guess they felt the pinch of being tagged again. I also think the possibility of the cap shrinking could make this deal more appealing.

Edited by billsfan89

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Something is wrong with the league that Henry makes like $20 million less than Ryan “best skill is handing off the ball to Henry” Tannehill.  

RBs should protest game 1 of the season.  No position gets screwed more than them. 

It is crazy how the deals can look good from one perspective vs the other. If I am assigning reasons the Titans made the playoffs last year Henry is getting way more credit but RBs are cheaper to replace. I truly doubt RBs will get financially compensated properly for quite some time.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is crazy how the deals can look good from one perspective vs the other. If I am assigning reasons the Titans made the playoffs last year Henry is getting way more credit but RBs are cheaper to replace. I truly doubt RBs will get financially compensated properly for quite some time.

Oh for sure.  But Henry is so much better than Tannehill.  But as you said, it’s the position.  

On 7/15/2020 at 9:35 PM, Doc Brown said:

Not as bad as the 62 million guaranteed they gave Tannehill but committing that much to a one dimensional RB is a mistake.  Especially given his running style and heavy usage.  I'm happy for Henry though.

That one dimension is dominating defenses who are focused on stopping him.  

My guy sent the Pats and Ravens packing.  

Good deal for both parties.    

56 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

That one dimension is dominating defenses who are focused on stopping him.  

My guy sent the Pats and Ravens packing.  

Good deal for both parties.    

No doubt.  I changed my mind on his contract after I saw how it was structured as they can get out of the deal after two years with just nine million of dead space spread out over two years.   He's a great back as long as their defense is solid.  His only limitation is his ineffectiveness as a pass catcher which makes him basically useless when they need to overcome a double digit deficit in the 2nd half.  You saw that against the Chiefs where he had only seven rushing yards in the 2nd half (two catches for negative eight yards in the game).

• Like (+1) 1