Plumbing stuff. Ignore. Lol

SDS

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just got done replacing kitchen faucet.   All connections fine...not a single drop of water.  Just looked...very very slow drip out of faucet.   Go F yourself Delta! 😡

Any chance the drip stops?  I hate to take it out, go to Lowe’s for a replacement, and then start the install all over again.  

What type of faucet is it? Could be just a seal or cartridge needing replacement. Usually it only requires turning the water off and unscrewing the handle to replace them.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just got done replacing kitchen faucet.   All connections fine...not a single drop of water.  Just looked...very very slow drip out of faucet.   Go F yourself Delta! 😡

Any chance the drip stops?  I hate to take it out, go to Lowe’s for a replacement, and then start the install all over again.  

Delta's are guaranteed for life.  I'd  call them.  They'd  send you a whole new one. Not sure why a brand new one would be leaking out the faucet into basin.  Open it full,  then close.  See what happens. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Since I can be a bit lazy, I just grabbed my regular drill with a masonry bit and started drilling through the stucco/block and it was taking forever. Then I broke down and went to the garage for a corded hammer drill, switched it to the hammer setting and all the holes for the tapcons were drilled in less time then it took to take the drill out of its case.

Years ago I was installing an external keypad at a customers site, having to drill through brick. My battery powered Dewalt hammer drill was taking f o r e v e r.  So I went and grabbed our corded hammer drill. It was like drilling through butter, with how fast it went. 

19 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Years ago I was installing an external keypad at a customers site, having to drill through brick. My battery powered Dewalt hammer drill was taking f o r e v e r.  So I went and grabbed our corded hammer drill. It was like drilling through butter, with how fast it went. 

I went from Cordless to corded to do it because I don't have a cordless hammer Drill right now, it does seem so much more powerful, I guess in most cases giving up the power for convenience isn't an issue.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I went from Cordless to corded to do it because I don't have a cordless hammer Drill right now, it does seem so much more powerful, I guess in most cases giving up the power for convenience isn't an issue.

I have a cordless hammer drill.  Dewalt.  18v, XRP... Circa early 2000s.  Still packs a punch.  The key is to keep the second battery charged.   It's on my second round  of 2 batteries.   I have a friend who has a friend that sells the stuff, got me two new batteries and traded old in.  Nada a penny out of pocket.

Similar:

dewalt-hammer-drills-dcd950b-64_1000.jpg

Brushes (motor) are starting to wear a little, but still a beaut!!!

• SDS locked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...