Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

I had an odd conversation today with stidents that I will try to condense to main points. 1) any teacher who does not openly bash Trump is assumed to be conservative and a Trump lover. 2) several of the teachers are telling students we reopened against the advice of doctor's, which is a lie. 3) most students believe that only Trump is playing politics with Coronavirus and that shutting down the country for a year is viable. These are all 16-17 year olds in my room so it was disappointing that they think the world is such an either/or place 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I had an odd conversation today with stidents that I will try to condense to main points. 1) any teacher who does not openly bash Trump is assumed to be conservative and a Trump lover. 2) several of the teachers are telling students we reopened against the advice of doctor's, which is a lie. 3) most students believe that only Trump is playing politics with Coronavirus and that shutting down the country for a year is viable. These are all 16-17 year olds in my room so it was disappointing that they think the world is such an either/or place 

Kids are generally gullible and stupid.

Turns out, so are most adults.

So while this seems gross, I had a conversation with my hair stylist's assistant last month, and she was the first that mentioned to me that kids wearing masks to school (her son is 6) would swap them. :sick:   I never even considered that. I am assuming it is those under 10 (maybe 12), but yikes.

gross.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘This is just astonishing’: With schools set to open on Monday, Mayor de Blasio DELAYS in-person education AGAIN

73f59682-44b5-4b23-8d3b-39eb3b972a3a-620

You know, it takes a lot to get schools ready to get open, jerking them around is a bad idea.

Politicians would die in the private sector.  How long have they had to develop a plan? 

On 9/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, Taro T said:

Remember, 50% of Americans are dumber than the average American.

60% of the time, it works every time!

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The problem is that NYC is just like CA: the residents know they're being effed over, but they bend over and take whatever the government is shoving in them. And they'll vote for it over and over and over again.

Edited by IDBillzFan

54 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

60% of the time, it works every time!

The problem is that NYC is just like CA: the residents know they're being effed over, but they bend over and take whatever the government is shoving in them. And they'll vote for it over and over and over again.

Little bar near my office was shutdown recently.  Apparently they were serving beer without the food necessary and someone told me the fine was $10k.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

‘This is just astonishing’: With schools set to open on Monday, Mayor de Blasio DELAYS in-person education AGAIN

73f59682-44b5-4b23-8d3b-39eb3b972a3a-620

You know, it takes a lot to get schools ready to get open, jerking them around is a bad idea.

DeBlasio always wanted everyone back in school (at least when this Covid thing started).

This is more of a 'they're jerking him around" thing.

Then again, the School Board had 6 months to get a plan in place.

Then again, we are talking about 1.1  MILLION students.  That would rank it as the 9th largest city in the US.

(Shudders as he types, defending the mayor like that.)

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WTF!? Why would quarantining have any bearing on remote learning? I would think remote learning would only be for those under quarantine.

Would REALLY like to hear the rationale behind that decision.  Because if it's what is expected - the district superintendent is a world class Karen, it would be fun to hear her expose herself for being dumber than a post by penalizing the students because their parents aren't living life the way she wants them to do so; and if it isn't that, am expecting the answer will be entertaining in a really unfortunate way.

Either way, wtf?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would REALLY like to hear the rationale behind that decision.  Because if it's what is expected - the district superintendent is a world class Karen, it would be fun to hear her expose herself for being dumber than a post by penalizing the students because their parents aren't living life the way she wants them to do so; and if it isn't that, am expecting the answer will be entertaining in a really unfortunate way.

Either way, wtf?

...I'd start with the teachers' Unions and how they have the Dems bought and paid for...the same fine whiners about charter schools, school vouchers/freedom of choice et al....give some of these inner city kids with a "yearn to learn" an opportunity to get out of these miserably failing public school systems......billions and billions "thrown" at education and we're going backwards.....

HYGIENE THEATER: Schools aren’t spreading coronavirus. 

“The new National COVID-19 School Response Data Dashboard released its first data showing low levels of infection among students and teachers. Emily Oster, a Brown economics professor who helped create the dashboard, said school coronavirus rates are ‘much lower’ than those in the surrounding community.”