If Trump loses and refuses to leave

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sorry but the Department of Justice does NOT get to decide.  Only Congress can change the date of the presidential election.   That's written into the US Constitution ... y'know, that document that Covid Donnie and his pack of sycophants in the Department of Injustice and the Department of Non-Defense all took oaths to support.

A presidential election has never been postponed, not in 1952 during the Korean War, not in 1944 during World War II, and not in 1864 during the Civil War when Abraham Lincoln fully expected to lose until Union victories in Atlanta in September and at Cedar Creek in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia in October changed his prospects.  BTW, the 1864 election was the first presidential election in which significant numbers of voters used absentee ballots -- tens of thousands of Union soldiers stationed away from their homes voted overwhelmingly for Lincoln.

But a virus from which 99% infected people recover demands we change the way we vote in ways we never did in those wars -- and move to a less secure mail in method :lol: 

Got it. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nah, there are definitely a few who would still back him. People are idiots.

Yes people are idiots but I've been on this board long enough and often enough to know most of the posters very well.  I don't think there is ANYONE that is that enamored with Trump.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes people are idiots but I've been on this board long enough and often enough to know most of the posters very well.  I don't think there is ANYONE that is that enamored with Trump.  

I thought we were talking people in general, not ppp posters.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Has an American president ever tried to delay an election until his poll numbers increase? 

So you are against Trump's proposal to delay the election until he looks better? 

You presume his motive as usual.

Aside from that, I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion of postponing the election.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with mail in voting which has never been done on such a scale, and there's been no time to put a plan in place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I thought we were talking people in general, not ppp posters.

Yeah I had a feeling there was some confusion there.  My response with to Kemp who was talking specifically about posters here.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Damn right we want a dictatorship!  That would make the country Tremendous!   

That's better than Great, yes?

I mean, why settle for Great when you can go full Tremendous?

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

That's better than Great, yes?

I mean, why settle for Great when you can go full Tremendous?

Tremendous.  Yes it would be tremendous.   Trump being dictator would be the most tremendous things to happen to this tremendous country.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, snafu said:

Aside from that, I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion of postponing the election.

I also wholeheartedly disagree with mail in voting which has never been done on such a scale, and there's been no time to put a plan in place.

His motives are selfish and anti-Republican (small r) 

50 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Just like his rallies will be safe. 

Here we go with the propaganda...get your facts straight, Herman Cain was a high risk

shouldn't even have been at Trumps rally IMHO, however, he was a pretty smart

guy and knew the risks and decided to go anyway. 

...Just like riots will be safe, right.

Don't think I've seen you condemn those.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Huge projection here.

Take a look in the mirror.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You have no reservations regarding mail-in voting?

It will be a colossal mess.  Both sides will see to that.  It will be story after story after story of how either D's or R's are cheating the system or suppressing the vote.  Most of it will be bullcrap, but some of it won't.  It doesn't matter because perception = reality these days. We won't have election results until mid December at the earliest, and the country will live through a nightmare for at least that period of time, probably longer.

Maaaaarrrrrkkkk myyyyyyyy wooooorrrrrdddsssss !!!

• Like (+1) 2

Everyone here should be upset at Trump floating the idea of delaying the election, which is set in the statutes as "the Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November."

And this is a very bad indicator of what's to come in the next couple months.

You're a hypocrite if you're in this forum constantly touting the Constitution and what it is to be American, you damn well should be feeling uneasy at this insane proposal by our President.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Everyone here should be upset at Trump floating the idea of delaying the election, which is set in the statutes as "the Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November."

And this is a very bad indicator of what's to come in the next couple months.

You're a hypocrite if you're in this forum constantly touting the Constitution and what it is to be American, you damn well should be feeling uneasy at this insane proposal by our President.

Set up like bowling pins. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, Kemp said:

He would rather destroy the country than just leave the White House. So would a good deal of his followers. 

Funny, many think the Dem Mayors and Governors destroyed their cities to secure the WH.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

This is simply untrue because there is no  "universal mail in voting".     The states determine how they run their elections within the limits set by the US Constitution and federal law (mainly the Voting Rights Act of 1965).  Some states have early voting, some don't. Some states limit the voting rights of convicted felons while others do not. Most states have had various forms -- some more limited than others --  of mail in voting (including absentee ballots) since the Civil War.

Where your state stands on mail in voting

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Here we go with the propaganda...get your facts straight, Herman Cain was a high risk

shouldn't even have been at Trumps rally IMHO, however, he was a pretty smart

guy and knew the risks and decided to go anyway. 

...Just like riots will be safe, right.

Don't think I've seen you condemn those.

Huge projection here.

Take a look in the mirror.

Got it.

A "pretty smart guy" with a high risk factor attended the rally.

We define smart differently.

17 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Funny, many think the Dem Mayors and Governors destroyed their cities to secure the WH.

A new level of stupid, gentlemen.

This fool thinks that Dem mayors and governors destroyed their cities to secure the WH.

Herman Cain laughs at how stupid this statement is.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Got it.

A "pretty smart guy" with a high risk factor attended the rally.

We define smart differently.

He had stage 4 colon cancer, that happened to have the virus, which do you think had a greater cause to his passing?

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

This fool thinks that Dem mayors and governors destroyed their cities to secure the WH.

And you are an idiot. Dem Mayors acted w/o backbones. Pussies abandon police precincts, or was it politically motivated? Either way you are a fool defending it.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/29/exclusive-mayor-jacob-frey-discusses-what-led-to-the-abandonment-of-3rd-precinct/

Chief Arradondo and I made the decision ...to vacate the 3rd Precinct needed to be on the table as a way to both help de-escalate.