DRAZ

Foxx

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That was my post.

and it is indeed Warren Zevon

IMG_0245.jpg

well there goes THAT....my apologies I thought it was at least a plausible explanation for a ban if that had occurred. I dont like bans I think they should be a last resort after warnings. I'll edit my original posting. Thank you for this.

edted my OP. 

Edited by Muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I find it amazing anything can get you banned- I was called a racist in the football side of things for saying that I think 10 years from now JA will be better than Lamar. That poster to my knowledge did not even get warning, but I guess there must be a line somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

well there goes THAT....my apologies I thought it was at least a plausible explanation for a ban if that had occurred. I dont like bans I think they should be a last resort after warnings. I'll edit my original posting. Thank you for this.

edted my OP. 

I think erroneous predictive ban hypothesis modeling is, in and of itself, ban worthy. 

On the other hand, scrubbing the aforementioned hypothethis to make it appear as if it never happened is, however, acceptable and preferable in the current sociopolitical climate, so I think banning you could create unforeseen liability issues. 

I am torn on how to proceed and wish not to hurt any feelings. Let's get feedback from @Koko78, attorney extraordinaire, resident legal meanie and fat shamer.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

Forgot I had this account...

Now you see why I left this shithole.

f80a2838170334ce1d9ddcb6da14b272.jpg

Lots of new (bad) posters.

DC Tom had a very specific posting style, we should be able to tell pretty easily.

• Like (+1) 2

I like DR, but he was trending down lately, so I'm not surprised this happened. It was noticeable that the PPP was getting to him.

Most of the posters in this forum just feed off the sensationalism and can't have a worthwhile discussion. DR is one of the good ones and I'll be happy if he comes back.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think erroneous predictive ban hypothesis modeling is, in and of itself, ban worthy. 

On the other hand, scrubbing the aforementioned hypothethis to make it appear as if it never happened is, however, acceptable and preferable in the current sociopolitical climate, so I think banning you could create unforeseen liability issues. 

I am torn on how to proceed and wish not to hurt any feelings. Let's get feedback from @Koko78, attorney extraordinaire, resident legal meanie and fat shamer.

Well, chubby, res ipsa loquitur.

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I like DR, but he was trending down lately, so I'm not surprised this happened. It was noticeable that the PPP was getting to him.

Most of the posters in this forum just feed off the sensationalism and can't have a worthwhile discussion. DR is one of the good ones and I'll be happy if he comes back.

I hope he comes back. Found his theories interesting, though I did not necessarily agree with all of his conclusions.

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Trends are like warts.  The content of your character is what you should be proud of.  I for one, believe that censorship and measuring anything based on a "trend" is so trendy.

Just now, realtruelove said:

Trends are like warts.  The content of your character is what you should be proud of.  I for one, believe that censorship and measuring anything based on a "trend" is so trendy.

Eh...

Not dissing DR, but it might say something about your character if you let this place get to you. Or just says that you need a break.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

lol I plan on banning myself (instead of voting for)  no begging me to stay ........:snicker:

:couch:  ?

1 hour ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

now in true PPP form I'm going to assume this is Deranged Rhino with a sock puppet account...OR DC Tom Himself was a sock puppet.......OR New Improved DC Tom really IS Newly Improved DC Tom...or Not.

lol as the chatroom turns.

Welcome Back. or Welcome to PPP .signed muppy the same as she ever was...or at least before Margarita errrr Muppy thr same as she ever was...? . Hahaha sometimes you've just gotta laugh..

2 hours ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

Welcome back.

I didn't notice DR got banned for calling out a disingenuous ass. I am furious about this. DR threads and posts were/are a wealth of information and so far many of the  things he has reported have been proven true.

Mods went too far on this.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Interesting. What 'sensationalism' as an example?  

Agree on DR. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interesting. What 'sensationalism' as an example?  

Agree on DR. 

Posters here constantly quote the MSM. They love it. Bolded headlines and series of empty posts. Everything is dramatized to the nth degree.

12 hours ago, Koko78 said:

As near as I can figure, DR apparently started some thread attacking Gary. The mods, who have apparently forgotten their declarations of not moderating PPP, moderated PPP and banned him for a month based on whatever happened in that thread.

That or aliens.

That and forgetting/ignoring the many threads started by a few recently active posters that were purely personal attacks.

On the main board it's become evident over the years that the no-politics rule is interpreted differently depending on your politics, so it's hard to ignore the strong possibility of that mentality seeping over here.  I guess the Rubicon has finally been crossed.

• Sad 1

It is a shame that DR, who has done yeoman work here and deserves our own Pulitzer Prize, has been what I presume put on vacation for a month. If it was because of any interaction with Gary or Warren or Peaceout, etc. who is the original lowlife clown and bitchmudgeon then it is even more of a shame. I can remember a time when we were somewhat more moderated here and a poster from the past who has just recently returned, claimed that he was about to get banned. Although his politics were diametrically opposed to those of us who are considered on the right, most every one of us posted strong objections to him suffering a ban just because his opinions were asinine. We strongly objected to any gag being placed on free speech.@Gene Frenkledo you remember that and how do you feel about this matter today?

I don't know what DR did but it seems way out of character for him to have done anything deserving a ban. I have noticed that a few newer posters here have ganged up with a few of the older posters and incessantly stalked and harassed DR. Somehow something just doesn't feel right. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That and forgetting/ignoring the many threads started by a few recently active posters that were purely personal attacks.

On the main board it's become evident over the years that the no-politics rule is interpreted differently depending on your politics, so it's hard to ignore the strong possibility of that mentality seeping over here.  I guess the Rubicon has finally been crossed.

It's funny, but years ago DR (GreggyT) and I had many discussions and arguments and I had him pegged as a far out Lefty. As I recall, most of our discussions had to do with a difference of opinion regarding Political Correctness and race matters. He eventually came around on the PC matters and that I believe gave him a different slant on what the composition of racism was. Anyway, I mention this as a positive for the free-for-all that PPP should be and usually is. It goes to show that when people seriously discuss matters sometimes opinions can be changed. Five years or so ago DR was considered a Lefty. Today the posters here who have nothing to contribute but slander call him a Trumpster because DR has been a stalwart, fighting for constitutional rights. This forum is a lesser forum without him. 

• Like (+1) 8

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It is a shame that DR, who has done yeoman work here and deserves our own Pulitzer Prize, has been what I presume put on vacation for a month. If it was because of any interaction with Gary or Warren or Peaceout, etc. who is the original lowlife clown and bitchmudgeon then it is even more of a shame. I can remember a time when we were somewhat more moderated here and a poster from the past who has just recently returned, claimed that he was about to get banned. Although his politics were diametrically opposed to those of us who are considered on the right, most every one of us posted strong objections to him suffering a ban just because his opinions were asinine. We strongly objected to any gag being placed on free speech.@Gene Frenkledo you remember that and how do you feel about this matter today?

I don't know what DR did but it seems way out of character for him to have done anything deserving a ban. I have noticed that a few newer posters here have ganged up with a few of the older posters and incessantly stalked and harassed DR. Somehow something just doesn't feel right. 

I could see this coming for the last 30 days.  DR was baited, hooked and gutted by the mob of trolls that frequent this board, especially the newer posters.  Make no mistake, this was an organized effort to take him down.  They were/are hired hands.  Imagine how deep the evil runs, when things like this happen on a message board.  Free speech is a powerful thing and they know it, so they do anything they can to silence it.  For every vocal DR out there, there a 100 more just as passionate about this cause, just not as vocal.  Let freedom ring and God Bless America.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's funny, but years ago DR (GreggyT) and I had many discussions and arguments and I had him pegged as a far out Lefty. As I recall, most of our discussions had to do with a difference of opinion regarding Political Correctness and race matters. He eventually came around on the PC matters and that I believe gave him a different slant on what the composition of racism was. Anyway, I mention this as a positive for the free-for-all that PPP should be and usually is. It goes to show that when people seriously discuss matters sometimes opinions can be changed. Five years or so ago DR was considered a Lefty. Today the posters here who have nothing to contribute but slander call him a Trumpster because DR has been a stalwart, fighting for constitutional rights. This forum is a lesser forum without him. 

I believe that's accurate, as has been the case with many others whose politics have shifted over the years while posting here.   Guess we all evolve to some degree in certain ways as the years tick past.

47 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I could see this coming for the last 30 days.  DR was baited, hooked and gutted by the mob of trolls that frequent this board, especially the newer posters.  Make no mistake, this was an organized effort to take him down.  They were/are hired hands.  Imagine how deep the evil runs, when things like this happen on a message board.  Free speech is a powerful thing and they know it, so they do anything they can to silence it.  For every vocal DR out there, there a 100 more just as passionate about this cause, just not as vocal.  Let freedom ring and God Bless America.

You are insinuating that DR was a victim/martyr of all the bad meanie  posters out to get him? I will say as pretty much a PPP outsider and newbie he got right in the dirt with insults and frankly if you can't take it dont dish it out. He had a strong voice and I dont agree he should have been banned especially if no warnings were given. If the site regulars don't want oversight maybe consider forming an outside group somehow, closed invitee group on facebook?I am sure there are other options Im not aware of. Then you'd have the freedom to pick and choose and  only listen to posters you feel worthy of entry. No rules no filter nothing. There is an ignore function here but it only works if you use it. And it seems clear he didn't use his to the extent he should have. He is no blameless kitten in this Im sure he'd agree. And he'll be back. Write to mods ask for he to be reinstated early. Maybe some good will come from this somehow. Maybe it will teach all of us to not be so quick to label and harrass  and belittle people because you dont agree or think they are idiots etc so it never gets to the point of a ban? . Trolls are only trolls if you let them get to you. Oh and Bullies suck. or use the ignore feature and dont cheat it

as far as the hired hands come on seriously? I mean I know DR was all about Q-anon but you really think some schmuck is paying anyone to influence the at most (GUESSING) 50 or so posters this board attracts? I think thou doth give waaaaay too much importance to a cellar political board on a football based chat forum. Ive read that stated about Tiberius and Im not buying it for he either.

Edited by Muppy

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, New Improved DC Tom said:

Because you forgot you had this account?

• Haha (+1) 2