Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

The North American animals are my absolute favorite. And the American Bison has always been my most favorite. Thanks for this thread

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....bison burger...medium rare with provo and lettuce.....

How dare you

Edited by delirious

23 hours ago, mead107 said:

Can you do one on a fire pit? 

Redacted. I didn't know that guy died.

Anyway, yes.......a VERY large fire pit. Like a swimming pool diameter.

Edited by Seasons1992

In 2010, when my wife and I moved from North Carolina to Alaska, we drove up via the Al-Can Highway.  We saw tons of wildlife, a lot of Bison in particular, but there was one stretch where there was a herd of what looked to be thousands of them.  

I was astonished at the size of the largest ones, and have some pics of a few that are the size of small dump trucks.  Absolutely mind blowing.  I’ll look for my old digital camera when I get home from work and post some of the photos if I can figure out how to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

In 2010, when my wife and I moved from North Carolina to Alaska, we drove up via the Al-Can Highway.  We saw tons of wildlife, a lot of Bison in particular, but there was one stretch where there was a herd of what looked to be thousands of them.  

I was astonished at the size of the largest ones, and have some pics of a few that are the size of small dump trucks.  Absolutely mind blowing.  I’ll look for my old digital camera when I get home from work and post some of the photos if I can figure out how to do it.

That'd be great. 

Not that my photos are great but so far no one has commented on the size of those shaggy muthas - and literally the mutha and her calf crossed the road right in front of us.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That'd be great. 

Not that my photos are great but so far no one has commented on the size of those shaggy muthas - and literally the mutha and her calf crossed the road right in front of us.

I did not realize that you took those pics.  Very cool.  Where were you?

screen-shot-2015-12-06-at-3-21-55-pm.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Buffalo Bill started working at the age of eleven, after his father's death, and became a rider for the Pony Express at age 15. During the American Civil War, he served the Union from 1863 to the end of the war in 1865. Later he served as a civilian scout for the US Army during the Indian Wars, receiving the Medal of Honor in 1872.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bill

169190a.jpg

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That'd be great. 

I too did not realize you took those photos,. When did you take them? I ask only because I notice the Bison aren't wearing masks. 

20 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I too did not realize you took those photos,. When did you take them? I ask only because I notice the Bison aren't wearing masks. 

Took them June 20th

I think masking a Bison must be a bit like the old thing about "Who will Bell the Cat?"

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I did not realize that you took those pics.  Very cool.  Where were you?

We were at a much-loved St Louis County park west of the city called "Lone Elk Park".  It was closed for a couple months but has now reopened - unsure if one can now hike and picnic on the grounds or only drive through

It has an elk herd and a bison herd.  One reliably sees elk - but the bison are much more elusive.  Have seen the herd a couple times through the trees, enjoying a dust-wallow.

This time they were right up next to the road and crossing right in front of us.

Those suckas are HUGE.  Even the cute little calf was about 2x the size of a typical area dear.

I took it as a Good Omen that not only did we see bison, we saw the Future of the Herd (the baby) and they all looked prosperous.  Good omen for our Bills I say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1